Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gameplay from Gamescom

#1TiaelPosted 8/15/2012 9:04:20 AM(edited)
http://gematsu.com/2012/08/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-off-screen-gamescom-gameplay-presentation

Quality of the video is not so good, waiting for SE to release a high quality version of the gameplay demonstration.

Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM6bi4RP25o

Screens and artwork:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/15/more-artwork-and-dragoon-screenshots-from-the-new-final-fantasy-xiv/
---
Playing: Theatrhythm FF, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade, Wild Arms 2
Waiting for: The Last Story
#2DragoonGriffithPosted 8/15/2012 9:02:12 AM
Looks fantastic.

I especially liked the artwork and screenshots, but the gameplay seems great too.
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor" - Fulvip
Currently playing: Valkyrie Profile 2, RDR, Wild ARMs 2, FFVII.
#3Tiael(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2012 9:36:43 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Looks fantastic.

I especially liked the artwork and screenshots, but the gameplay seems great too.

Yes indeed.

Yay Death Claw.
---
Playing: Theatrhythm FF, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade, Wild Arms 2
#4RomangeloPosted 8/15/2012 9:37:56 AM
there's no summoners.

no pay.
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#5DragoonGriffithPosted 8/15/2012 9:40:39 AM
Romangelo posted...
there's no summoners.

no pay.

What makes you think there won't be any in the game?
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor" - Fulvip
Currently playing: Valkyrie Profile 2, RDR, Wild ARMs 2, FFVII.
#6TheBestGman2007Posted 8/15/2012 9:40:40 AM
Was that PS3 or PC footage?
---
Maybe we'd fall short. Maybe we'd never even come close. But someone, someday, would know we'd tried.- Vanille
R.I.P. "The Streak" 1/2/10 - 8/8/12
#7Tiael(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2012 9:40:59 AM
Romangelo posted...
there's no summoners.

no pay.

There's Summoners, but not as a class, more like as a group.
A Linkshell can fight the Primals and summon them before they expire for massive damage, and things in the world reflecting that summon, whether it's the sky turning red from Ifrit being summoned to more active volcanoes.

And, they are adding pet classes, not just the Summoner, since within the lore and context of FFXIV individuals summoning Primals doesn't make much sense.
---
#8Tiael(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2012 9:41:57 AM
TheBestGman2007 posted...
Was that PS3 or PC footage?

PC, but they did lower the required specs for the PC version so more people can play it w/o needing to upgrade, and because of that I expect the PS3 version to look pretty good too.
---
#9gwoodtamuPosted 8/15/2012 9:44:45 AM
Looks good but there are always issues with these games that crop up around release, what will be important is how substantial these issues are, and how they are dealt with. Obviously the game is looking good at a press conference, but I won't be playing it in press conference, I will be playing it at my desk, in my living room.

That said, I am pleased with what I see, here is to hoping that it will be as good as it looks.
#10Tiael(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2012 9:47:00 AM(edited)
gwoodtamu posted...
Looks good but there are always issues with these games that crop up around release, what will be important is how substantial these issues are, and how they are dealt with. Obviously the game is looking good at a press conference, but I won't be playing it in press conference, I will be playing it at my desk, in my living room.

That said, I am pleased with what I see, here is to hoping that it will be as good as it looks.

The thing is, they've already had issues with the initial release, the only issues I expect at the launch are congestion issues and some issues with people updating the game.

They did lower the specs from the original release, as to enable more people to enjoy it, and it still looks like that, it comes down to the style, and I vastly prefer the way ARR looks.
---