A FNCFFXIIIRPG, Chapter Six: Instruments of Unity

#11Final_CataclsymPosted 11/4/2012 11:15:30 PM
OOC: It's not that the damage reductions are too strong, it's that the damage modifiers to Hashmal's attacks aren't big enough. 450 for STR/MAG is nothing if you're not using x 3, x 5 and x 7 modifiers. Stonaga should have left Milly and Azra hurting while blitz could have nearly killed her or done so. I'm not saying that we need protect/shell/etc. every single fight, but if you want to see danger, especially against SENs, the damage needs to be high or have special properties. But also remember that SENs aren't really supposed to die and more like soak up the damage in that regard, you forgot Haru's Fringeward ability.

I'm a little annoyed that Haru didn't notice anything that happened to Runnah in the whole last segment. Anyways...

Runnah Combat Start

Haru had taking the brunt of the next set of attacks and appeared unfazed. Looks like he didn't want a repeat of what happened against my father. Looking around, I noticed that Milly was beginning to show signs of fatigue and it was a bit harder to breathe for me. Before I had time to heal the two of us, Haru had sent out healing waves from his sword. It was weaker than my own magic, but certainly enough to stave off annhilation. He called to me during it all.

"Runnah! Try to increase their firepower! I'll get them back in shape!"

I was still unfamiliar with offensive magic outside of earth enhancing spells. Yet another bold look at my own inadequacies as a mage. No, that's not it. I have to think of myself as a healer first before labeling myself inadequate. I was the best healer there was. I considered my spell repertoire and used the one I thought most suited to offense.

"Charge!"

The reality around the four of us warped as the world began to move at a slower pace.

"Captain, lend us another healing spell."

Cousin Azra and Milly didn't look particularly faster either, but Hashmal appeared to be moving slower. Yeah, this could help keeps thing in our favor.

End Runnah Combat
#12Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 4:30:39 AM
OOC: The problem with inflating Hashmal's stats and modifiers will become apparent soon, but suffice to say if they were higher than they were the party would be in serious trouble and Milly and Runnah would probably be getting KO'd each turn. We did warn everyone to buff up their HP, but I guess this will be the last time I'm merciful on that front...

That, and because Haru's HP is currently the second-highest among PC's, his Mediguard is very effective with all the damage reduction he is getting.

And sorry about not giving a reaction...I'll fix that now:

Haru Retroactive Roleplay Start, prior to previous post

Haru was surprised to say the least when Runnah charged past him and (foolishly) struck Hashmal with the Felsen Rod. "Dammit Runnah! Get back!" he snarled.

He was about to rush forward to intercept an attack that was heading the young woman's way, but then Valefor appeared and held up a hand. What?

Then Valefor berated Runnah: "Do not mistake my willingness to join you so easily as a sign of uselessness, little girl. Be glad I was informed of Angil's earlier plan against Malakkar that I didn't slaughter him myself. Now unless you want me to join with Hashmal and murder you all, I suggest you shut up, stand back and stop pissing me off!" Then she went back in her choker.

Haru winced as he heard all that. Is she always like that? Haru wondered. He kept an eye on Runnah and noticed that she seemed shocked out of her anger. Keep it together...

Roleplay End

Action update:

Cura x2 changed to Cura x 3: Now heals 1139 damage to all!
---
"Beginning is easy - Continuing is hard."-Japanese Proverb
#13VentusStormPosted 11/5/2012 5:56:27 AM
... Aeroga: Enemies weak to wind are interrupted. Last time i checked, That was the Description. Unless i'm wrong, please READ before acting.

Milly | Gil 8950 I CP 150
COM/RAV/SAB/SYN/MED 0/3/2/0/1
HP 2190 | TP 19
STR 140 | MAG 445 (395) | ATB 4
<--WEAPONS--> [Sidewinder Whip]
Chain Whip (Improved Cure I)
Wizardly Whip (Quick Stagger)
[E] Slaver’s Whip (Attack ATB Charge)
Queen’s Whip (Support ATB Charge)
<--CRYSTARIUM-->
-COMMANDO-LV0
-RAVAGER- LV3
[1] Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Aero/Water/Stone
[2] Fira/Bilzzara/Thundara/Aerora /Watera/Stonara
[3] Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga/Aeroga/Waterga/Stonaga
[A] Overwhelm/Deprotect Chaser
[RL] Role Level 3: Self +3 stagger, Allies +1 stagger
-SABOTEUR- LV0
[1] Deshell/Poison/Imperil
[1] Debrave/Slow/Pain
[1] Dispel
[RL] Role Level 2: Self Debuffs add Turn, 1/6 better chance of sticking.
-SYNERGIST-LV0
-MEDIC-LV1
[1] Cure/Curasa
[2] Cura/Esuna
[A] Cheersiphon/Improved Esuna
[RL] Role Level 1: Self +10% Healing
-TACTICAL-
[1] Quake/Libra
[3][5] Summon: Hecatoncheir
<--HECATONCHEIR-->
<--ACCESSORIES--> [3 SLOTS]
Glass Buckle (Resist Defaith)
Silver Bangle (HP+200)
[E] Healer's Emerald (Medic in any role)
[E] Shaman's Mark (Magic+50)
[E]Raijin Ring (Extra 25% Lighting damage)
Black Belt (10% Physical Resistance)
<--INVENTORY-->
[12] Potions: Heals 200 HP
[4] Antidote: Removes Poison
[3] Pale Fang: Casts Aero
[3] Phoenix Down Revives Ally
[K] Hecatoncheir Eidolith: Allows [3][5] Summon

"I'm Getting Kinda Woozy Here..."
Aero/Aero/Aeroga Hasmal
#14ask159Posted 11/5/2012 2:42:19 PM
@Art: Not sure if you forgot Azra absorbing 242 HP with his VS weapon

Sorry, not time again to RP, heading to work and wanted to get this up just in case you wanted to move on.

Azra

Chainspell (TP-2, ->30)

@Art/Cat; Am I correct in thinking Runnah used a haste essentially on us? Wasn't sure, the description was a little weird. If not, Azra's actions are a complete repeat of last turn, damage and attacks and all.

Firestrike x7, Sparkstrike x7
Azra deals 3395 damage and 84 stagger (6 per attack
NOTE: IF you forgot the HP absorb, then add it, because that brings Azra's HP to above 70%, activating vigor, adding 1 more stagger to each attack, bringing the stagger total to 98:)

Azra absorbs 340 HP
#15Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 4:26:37 PM(edited)
OOC: @Ask: Yes, I forgot that. Not a huge deal at this point given what Hashmal is about to use and that Haru fully healed everyone but Milly

@Ventus: Hashmal. Is. Not. Weak. To. Wind! PLUS YOU HAVE HASTE (though I admit Cat forgot to put that in stone). As courtesy I will change your actions to Aero x7. Next time you have a concern over something that is hidden please PM me and I'll let you know.

and @Cat for something else I noticed: I didn't forget Fringeward. I'll send you the stats after the fight is over or if you want to know bases I'll send them to you.

Now, with that said...

Round 3 Results

Runnah casts Haste [3] on the entire party! Support: ATB Charge and Weak Haste Activate!

Haru uses Invincible and casts Cura three times, healing 1139 damage to all! Hashmal generates 36 gestalt (6X# of ATB used in MED)

Milly uses Aero x7, dealing 3115 damage and 21 gestalt! Attack: ATB Charge Activate!

Azra'eil uses Chainspell, Firestrike x7, and Sparkstrike x7! Azra deals 3395 damage and 49 gestalt! Azra absorbs 340 HP thanks to Vampiric Strike!

Hashmal unleashes Quakeja, wiping out any excess HP gains and dealing 1500 damage to all except Haru (due to Invincible). Haru is hit with a Deshell effect but resists thanks to Veil, Haste is removed from Runnah by a Slow effect, Azra is inflicted with Deprotect, and Milly is inflicted with Deshell!

In addition, a magical field descends on the battlefield, inflicting Imperil on the party for the remainder of the fight! Hashmal also roars and breaks free from Challenge and becomes immune to taunt effects!

Damage Totals and status effects:

Haru: 0, 2[Doom], 2[Protect, Shell, Haste], 00[Imperil]
Runnah: 1500, 2[Protect], 3[Shell], 00[Imperil]
Azra: 1500, 2[Haste], 3[Deprotect], 00[Imperil]
Milly: 1981, 2[Haste], 3[Deshell], 00[Imperil]

VERSUS

Hashmal: 13796, 248 Gestalt

Haru Combat Roleplay Start

Haru grimaced at the results of Hashmal's attack. That...looks like it hurt...

He looked around at his allies and saw that Milly was in even worse shape and that Runnah didn't look much better. Azra seemed a little shook up by the attack as well. To make matters worse, the field in the area seemed to intensify the elemental energy in the area and Hashmal was glancing at all of the combatants. Damn! He broke out of my taunt?! We can't take a massive hit in this state...

He turned to Runnah. "Help me get everyone back in shape! I don't think Hashmal can take another round like that, but if he manages to we need to be ready for pain!"

He then radiated healing energy through his katana and sent it out to his allies again...

Actions: Cura X3, healing 1139 damage to all and causing Hashmal to generate 36 gestalt!

Roleplay End

OOC Note: Quakeja is a SPECIAL action: the only thing that reduces it is SEN RL resistance, Fringeward, and complete immunity to damage (a la Invincible). Also, from the description, Invincible does NOT make you immune to status effects landing: it only prevents the damage.
---
#16Final_CataclsymPosted 11/5/2012 11:54:40 PM
Runnah Combat Start

Hashmal finished charging his technique and launched a torrent of earth at us. It cut through my magic shields completely and warped the surrounding landscape. I felt my powers over earth surge within me, but it was a cursed double edge sword. The understanding of things was clear and this type of magic was meant to cause a feedback within us. It wasn't dissipating either, so the only course was to defeat the Eidolon before he defeated us. I looked down and noticed another rod of the same magical style of the Felsen Rod. Maybe I can utilize the power of both to amplify the effect? Gripping the Felsen Rod and the Replica, I spun each in my hand a few times. The balance and design were exactly the same. A by product of the Felsen Rod meeting the Felsen Spear in battle then? I noticed yet another rod on my waist that was similar, but all together different. I don't have time to study its effects right now. Hashmal was readying his next attacks and Haru wasn't taking any chances.

"Help me get everyone back in shape! I don't think Hashmal can take another round like that, but if he manages to we need to be ready for pain!"

Finally, something that my training has brought to fruition! Gripping the two rods, my body began to radiate curative force. Haru's katana glowed with small green flames and my rods were shimmering. I'll show Haru how this is done! Now pointing one rod at cousin Azra and the other at Milly, white orbs shot out at each to alleviate them of their ailments. An additional green orb was produced towards Milly followed by the rods overloading. I dropped the replica into the ground and shot it again to produce a wave of healing power. The replica then deconstructed and reformed to make a shaft at the bottom of the Felsen Rod. Well, I guess it is the Felsen Staff now.

"Hey Haru, any idea of what is going on? None of this is making very much sense."

I heard a small laugh from deep within myself. So Valefor finds this amusing? That leads to believe she knows what is going on. I'll have to politely ask her to explain what exactly is going on.

End Runnah Combat

Runnah > Milly > Cure, Esuna
Azra > Esuna
Group > Cura

400 MAG times 1.5 for Cura and 1.3 for RL
400 MAG times 2 for Cure and 1.3 for RL
Cheersiphon triggers along with Support ATB
Haru's Cura is boosted by 10% from Runnah's Medic Mastery

OOC: Runnah is experiencing the form of weapon fusion I am envisioning. One weapon is able to absorb the characteristics of another to form something different (if you want). But as of right now, same type effects aren't compatible so she is not getting Support ATB II. Every character will be able to do weapon fusion shortly, so don't take what happens to her as she is getting an unfair advantage. She is mostly dual wielding because dual wielding is awesome.

And from before, I posted that at 2 in the morning, so I didn't include the fact she was using Haste on everyone.
#17Final_CataclsymPosted 11/6/2012 12:59:57 AM
Meanwhile ????

The blade sank deep in between the behemoth's shoulder blades. The creature was nearly paralyzed from the attack and further crippled with absolute terror. The behemoth looked ahead at another assailant in front of him. This woman was his executioner. She also had a knife like that little creature with the lantern but her expression was one of delight versus something unreadable. Her cloak was dark with huge splotches of blood and dirt. She walked past its face and towards its side. It clearly felt another wound slice into it while that lantern bearing creature came into its view. The woman dug her nails and fingers far into the wound she inflicted while igniting them. The behemoth's insides were being cooked while very much still alive. A sharp pull brought piece of meat out from the mighty beast. She took her time getting back into its line of vision as it laid head up with its stomach down. Her arm was soaked in blood and the behemoth knew it was going to die. In a last ditch effort, it cried out a weak roar and tried to strike the woman down. The lantern from the little creature produced dark spirits and bound the beast in place. The woman barely responded to the attack and bit into the meat, splashing something back onto the creature's face. The little lantern creature had had enough and raised its carving knife. Somewhere inside, the behemoth was happy to be free of such pain from this world while the knife was repeatedly buried into its face. The woman was laughing. About what?

"Oh Don, you're such a gentleman!"

The King of Tonberries removed his Chef's Knife from the mess of the former champion's face. Both of them were covered in the splashes of blood that was caused. She patted her partner of his head. He bore no expression, but didn't need to. The two of them understood each other all too well. The tonberry bore his trusty lantern and knife along with a small brown robe that he wore.

The woman wore what was once a pure white dress that was now completely ruined by numerous murders and other dark deeds. The bottom was torn up to make it easier to move in and her other personal effects were likewise stained. She had on simple sandals, several rings, a couple of necklaces and a long hooded cloak. At her waist was a Chef's Knife, exactly like Don's. Either one of his extras or taken from another tonberry. She looked like she needed to bathe and clean herself up. Her hair was unusually straight for someone like that because it normally sat in the hood. Where it met her face however, the hair showed split ends and signs of neglect. It was black with streaks of crimson, though the crimson was caused from the blood of others. She bit into the meat she was eating one more time before tossing it aside.

"I've got to clean myself up if I'm going to ask for another favor from Atomos. You need to look your best as well Don."
#18Final_CataclsymPosted 11/6/2012 1:04:03 AM
Don looked back at her with giant orange eyes. She removed a small rag and covered it in water to clean the King off. He didn't struggle or argue as she cleaned him so expertly. She used a few water spells to get the blood out of the rag and returned it to her satchel. She walked around to the side of the dead behemoth and reached deep in the wound she inflicted, grabbing its massive heart. With a twist and another gush of blood, it was quickly removed as the tonberry stood back and watched. She stretched her long legs and used the heart to coat herself in red. Her skin color was difficult to determine between days in the sun and the application of other's life forces. She did her arms, the small exposed area on her chest where she had average cleavage and even the bottom of her feet when she briefly slipped her sandals off. She put the heart back on the ground and gave it a small step as its remaining fluid burst from within. Don had meanwhile placed his knife in the behemoth's paw and dragged it to make a circle around the pair from the creature's fatal wounds. When the circle was complete, the lantern produced black flames and consumed the rest of the beast. The woman used her fingers to make a few marks on her face in what could only have been a random fashion.

The pair waited deep in Mah'habara underground. A rumbling was heard around the pair and Atomos came churning through. It stopped before them, the spinning queiting down so the woman could speak.

"I've been informed that you failed to destroy Bohemia."

The woman was holding the knife in one hand, spinning it on the tip of her finger with the other. Atomos and tonberry didn't move.

"I don't blame you though. You have things to do and I heard you took a nasty spill into their mine."

She paused between the sentence again before speaking.

"I did your bidding long ago, several times if I recall correctly. You. Owe. Me."

She pointed a finger at the Fal'Cie to punctuate her point.

"Destroy Bohemia tomorrow morning. I've been informed that the town will be in exodus at the time. You can run them all over while terraforming the land. It will be so delightful!"

The woman began to laugh again while the Fal'Cie turned its wheels to head back the way it came. The woman had once again set things in motion for the town of Bohemia and none of them even knew it.

????
#19Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 4:17:05 AM
OOC: Oh dear...Yuki is going to be royally ticked off...

I suppose your idea for fusion is fine, though I doubt everyone will be able to pull off the imagery of it.
---
#20NemyarPosted 11/6/2012 5:47:53 AM
OOC: Sorry, I'm still not available yet...

Everyone gets 1000 CP
Darran gets 10 TP
Parnell, Yuki and Jason gets 3 TP
Darran gets + 1 ATB
Darran gains [3][5] Summon
Darran gets Midgardsormr Eidolith

Darran | Gil 5975 | CP 5650
HP 3000 | TP 31 | ATB 5 (+1)
STR 200 | MAG 200
<--WEAPONS--> [Edged Tool]
[E] [Wild Hunt] ATB+1
[Survivalist Hatchet] Defense Maintenance I
[Outsider Machete] Improved Esuna I
[Hunting Dagger] Attack ATB Charge
[Ranger Khukuri] Support ATB Charge
<--CRYSTARIUM-->
-SENTINEL- Level 1
[1] Provoke / Challenge / Vendetta
[A] Counter
-SABOTEUR- Level 1
[1] Deprotect / Deshell / Poison / Imperil / Wound / Dispel
[1] Debrave / Defaith / Slow / Curse / Pain / Fog
[A] Jinx / Master Debuffer
-SYNERGIST- Level 2
[2] Haste / Protect / Shell / Veil
[3] Protectga / Shellga / Veilga
[2] Barfire / Barfrost / Barthunder / Baraero / Barwater / Barstone
[5] Nul-All
[A] Boon / Buffer
-MEDIC- Level 0
[1] Cure / Curasa
[2] Esuna / Regen
[3] Raise
[A] Defensive Raise
-TACTICAL-
[2] Reraise / Chainspell
[3][5] Summon
<--ACCESSORIES--> [1 SLOT]
[E] Healer's Emerald: Can use Medic abilities in any role
<--INVENTORY-->
[K] Midgardsormr Eidolith
[4] Mallet: Remove Fog
[7] Red Fang: Cast Fire
[1] Fortisol: Bestow Bravery, Faith, Haste (2 turns)

Parnell | Gil 3000 | CP 21850
HP 1200 | STR 120 | MAG 120 | ATB 4 | TP 14 |
<--WEAPONS--> [Modded Manadrive]
[E] [X-ATM092] Critical: Shield
[GIM52A] Attack ATB Charge
[BGH251F2] Support ATB Charge
<--CRYSTARIUM-->
-RAVAGER-Level 3
[3] Manadrive Firaga
[A] Overwhelm / Vigor
-SENTINEL-Level 0
[1] Provoke / Elude
[A] Reprieve / Evade / Magic Evade / Deathward / Fringeward
-MEDIC-Level 0
[4] Manadrive Esunada
[A] Improved Esuna
-TACTICAL-
[1] Equipment Change
<--ACCESSORIES--> [3 SLOT]
[E] Collector Catalog: Doubles odds for common drops
[E] Connoisseur Catalog: Doubles odds for rare drops
[E] Doctor's Code: Double effects of healing items
<--INVENTORY-->
[2]Wound Potion: Removes Wound
[5]Hi-Potion: Heal 600 HP (1200 with Doctor's Code)
[3]Aegisol: Bestow Protect, Shell, Veil (2 turns)
[1]Fortisol: Bestow Bravery, Faith, Haste (2 turns)