A FNCFFXIIIRPG, Chapter Six: Instruments of Unity

#131NemyarPosted 12/21/2012 9:23:06 PM
OOC: I think you forgot to include Curse for Yojimbo... I thinbk foes shouldn't need to follow same rule as the party regarding the multipliers, just change the multipler rather than the stat.

Yojimbo belittled Darran for his use of "petty abilities" before proceeding to seal away the party's TP permanently. He then tries to weaken Haru with similar techniques that Darran used on him...

"Look who's talking, calling the kettle black" retorted Darran "I don't really care about fitting your standards, enough with the banters!"

Darran use Slow (triggering Master Debuffer!) and Debrave x 5

Parnell repeats his usual thing (Double Firaga)
#132Final_CataclsymPosted 12/22/2012 11:42:41 PM
Will RP another time again... Helping someone playtest and provide feedback on a videogame, not to mention holidays

Angil uses Thunder twice, Galestrike twice, Aero twice, then Fire twice.
#133Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 10:22:16 AM
OOC: I can assure you that Curse is being factored in, but Yojimbo also has status resistances; one of which Darran cannot beat through normal means even with Curse at his current SAB level and equipment. It will be obvious which it is after the update. If this site had a file share, I'd upload the file and let others look to see if I have everything set up right.

And I did change the SAB multipliers at the last minute (though not the stats, and they are higher now). The multipliers are fine, especially given the damage that Yojimbo can do without any damage resistances.

Now, RP, actions, and update time.

Yuki and Haru Combat Roleplay Start

Yuki frowned after the wave of energy passed through the party. What did that do? What abilities was he referring to? Darran seems to think it was his debilitating abilities, but I'm not so sure... He decided to think about it later.

Haru wasn't phased much by Yojimbo's last attack. "For a judge...that was weak..."

Yuki agreed, but he doubted the attack was really meant to hurt Haru. "Just stay on your toes: Valefor seems to be respectful of him, and if she is respectful of his abilities, we should be cautious at the least."

Haru frowned. "Aye."

As Haru prepared to guard Yuki, Yuki dashed forward and used a barrage of water and ice elemental abilities on Yojimbo before getting back.

Actions

Yuki uses Water, Blizzard, Aquastrikex2 and Froststrikex2 on Yojimbo!

Haru covers Yuki and uses Steelguard once followed by four Mediguards! (I really need to get Vendetta or Entrench...that's going to be overkill on healing...)

OOC: Update in next post. And Ven, You can post your little fight with Odin now.
---
"Beginning is easy - Continuing is hard."-Japanese Proverb
#134Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 11:17:01 AM
Round 2 Results

Yuki uses Water, Blizzard, Aquastrike x2 and Froststrike x2! Yuki deals 1800 damage and 56 Gestalt! Attack ATB Charge Triggers! Yuki regens 618 HP

Haru covers Yuki, Steelguards once, and Mediguards four times granting 1219 (!) buffer HP. Haru regens an additonal 635 HP for a total of 1854 (Roughly HALF his HP) buffer HP! Support ATB Charge Triggers (again, forgot to note that last round)!

Angil uses Thunder x2, Galestrike x2, Aero x2 and Fire x2! Angil deals 5500 damage and 35 Gestalt! Attack ATB Charge Triggers! Angil regens 500 HP

Darran uses Slow, triggering Master Debuffer, and Debrave x5. Darran inflicts Slow on Yojimbo and deals 600 damage and 15 Gestalt! Darran regens 600 HP

Parnell uses (Manadrive) Firaga twice, inflicting 720 damage and 11 Gestalt to Yojimbo! Parnell regens 200 HP!

Yojimbo is not pleased with Darran, or the party for that matter! He unleashes Wakizashi (wide), inflicting massive physical damage on the entire party!

Haru takes 480 damage plus an additional 840 damage that Yuki would have taken for a total of 1320 damage (Net 0).

Angil takes 1200 damage (Net 900)!

Darran takes 1200 damage (Net 800)!

Parnell takes 1200 (O.o) damage, but has only 840 damage total thanks to Regen and Critical Shield! (Since Regen this round is treated as buffer).

Damage and Status Summary

Yuki: 0 damage; 2[Haste], [Mighty Guard: Buffered Protect, Shell, Regen]
Haru: 0 damage; [Shell, Veil, Regen]
Angil: 900 damage; 3[Haste], [Mighty Guard:Buffered Protect, Shell, Regen]
Darran: 800 damage; [Mighty Guard: Buffered Protect, Shell, Regen]
Parnell: 840 damage; 2[Haste], [Mighty Guard: Buffered Protect, Shell, Regen]

VERSUS

Yojimbo 9940 damage, 169 Gestalt; 2[Imperil, Defaith, Fog], 3[Slow]

Rounds until Zanmato: 3

Round 3 Ready, Gestalt!

OOC: I FINALLY figured out what I was doing wrong with factoring SEN damage reduction. I was confusing the Damage REDUCTION with REDUCE DAMAGE TO. IE, I was reducing damage TO 40% rather than BY 40%. Not an issue with Fringeward and protect and SEN resist, but for the guards it threw me off.

Speaking of which, I almost forgot the Improved Ward and Critical Shield effects. Improved Ward would have saved Parnell in the first place, but Critical Shield let him survive with even more HP intact. He would have been KOed otherwise.
---
#135NemyarPosted 12/23/2012 1:58:19 PM(edited)
OOC: I'm confused, so does Critical: Shield activates even if the damage is a 1-hit KO as long as Parnell have at least 30% HP prior to the attacks? That seemed to make Reprieve redundant...

Also, Yojimbo's 2[Imperil, Defaith, Fog] should have been bumped back to 3 due to Darran's Jinx.
#136Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 4:10:27 PM(edited)
OOC: And I still manage to forget something. Silly me.

And Critical Shield does activate even in event of one hit ko otherwise. Wording is: Upon first reaching below 30% damage in a battle, you are immune to further damage this round.

Reprieve: If you are above 50% max HP, a damaging attack that would kill you will leave you with 1 HP.

I see it that Critical Shield is one time only and overrides Reprieve. Considering it is one time only per battle, Reprieve can still be relevant. Basically, take Critical:Shield as a one time only effect that is stronger than Reprieve.

EDIT: And I also forgot the new TP totals. *Facepalm*

Current TP: 20/25
---
#137Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 3:41:52 PM(edited)
OOC: I'll post Yuki and Haru's RP and actions now. This will probably be over after this round, FYI.

Yuki and Haru Combat Roleplay Start

That last attack HURT, at least, that's what Yuki presumed to think since Parnell was barely standing and even Haru seemed just a little disoriented. "You alright Captain?" Yuki asked.

"Eh, just the wind getting knocked out of me there," replied Haru. "Looks like our youngest is in need of aid though." He then used some healing spells on the party before stepping back into a guard stance..

Yuki meanwhile narrowed his eyes at Yojimbo. Well now we know all his strengths and weaknesses...time to exploit them.

He called upon the technique he had learned in Bohemia, noting that it seemed slightly harder to do than before. Could it have to do with that spell he used on us earlier? He shook the thought off as he unleashed an elemental barrage on the Eidolon.

Actions

Haru
Role: SEN
Cure x2 Parnell, Cura Party, Steelguard; Cover Yuki

Yuki
Tactic: Chainspell (-2 TP)
Role: RAV
Fire x3, Blizzard x2, Thunder x2, Water x2, Aero x2, Stone x3

Roleplay End
---
#138NemyarPosted 12/24/2012 4:20:13 PM
"Ooo... Almost thought I was done for." replied Parnell as Haru healed him "Thank goodness for the shielding mechanism."

Darran use Debrave, Curse x 5

Parnell risk attacking again with Manadrive Firaga x 2
(Not sure if RAV Role Bonus does anything for Gestalt)
#139Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 6:27:20 PM
OOC: I hope everyone had a good holiday. Just a notice that I will update the combat (and potentially the post-combat depending on what the gestalt total actually is) tomorrow morning.
---
#140Final_CataclsymPosted 12/27/2012 4:11:23 AM
Angil

Aero x 4 + Galestrike x 4