A FNCFFXIIIRPG, Chapter Six: Instruments of Unity

#171Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 8:00:11 PM(edited)
OOC: In case you haven't noticed, Haru is kind of a Paladin archetype...

*drums fingers* Not much other than to react to Parnell...

Yuki and Haru Roleplay Start

"I'm not trying to show anyone up..." Haru tried to say as Parnell stated that he believed Haru was, but then Darran's response sent him running off vowing to make both Darran and Haru's magic look bad.

Haru's eyes followed Parnell. "Maybe Runnah should follow him..." he also said in a monotone. "It seems like he has a VERY similar personality to her..."

Yuki meanwhile covered his face with his palm, mentally saying "OW" when he felt the gauntlet on his face proper and not stopped by his now non-existent helm. "If I've learned one thing on this adventure...its that I should be grateful that youth in Akaso are so disciplined..." he muttered.

Haru then glanced at Yuki. Oh boy...here it comes...the question is: Milly or Runnah?

End
---
"Beginning is easy - Continuing is hard."-Japanese Proverb
#172VentusStormPosted 1/18/2013 7:10:49 PM
OCC: I say for relationship purposes, that its Milly. But if you don't want that that's fine.
#173Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 8:07:02 PM
OOC: Do what you want, Ven. Milly and Jason have been...abnormally quiet since the battles after all.
---
#174VentusStormPosted 1/19/2013 8:27:53 AM
I'll post later, I'm going on a trip this weekend.
#175VentusStormPosted 1/19/2013 9:05:37 PM
OCC: Oh god, I think I've got some sort of charm or luck.

Ok, at Dave and Busters in St Charles, First try on Monkey Ball Ticket Blitz, Win Jackpot of 850 tickets (good god, how did that happen?) Then I set TWO records on the Mario Kart Cabnet, and that's not the first time I've done it! Then at the Hotel, I draw a crowd at the DDR machine. Am I just good, or am I just lucky? Then again, I won 5000 tickets at Branson last year... Now all I gotta do is get 22k tickets for that PS move. Anyway, I'll post a RP later.
#176NemyarPosted 1/21/2013 3:13:36 PM
"Hey guys, I'm back!" shouted Parnell cheerfully as he returned to the group

"Hey Haru! How's the boots I got now?" asked Parnell while showing off his new boots "Think it'll be good for the trips?"

"Huh, is Haru your go-to guy now? You're ignoring me now." questioned Darran

"Geez Darran, you never have anything nice to say so I'm not gonna bother asking you." said Parnell while putting his hands on hip "Why do I have to end up with a social outcast of my older brother instead of someone like Haru? A knight in shining armor who always help comrades out at time of need."

"Ooo... Your words wounds me deeply." responded Darran teasingly while staggering back to complete the act.

"Pfft, I know you're tougher than that!" replied Parnell before turning to Haru sheepishly "Umm... about what I said before about the support spell, I was hoping to find a role I'm good at so, as Darran put so bluntly, I can start pulling my own weight."

Meanwhile, Darran moved over to Yuki and nudged him in the side with his elbow "Psst psst, you should show me those disciplined youths sometime..."
#177Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:11:13 PM(edited)
OOC: Massive whoops, will post reply to Cat and reword training then...
---
#178Final_CataclsymPosted 1/21/2013 7:04:09 PM
Runnah

I opted not to follow him upon Haru's suggestion. I thought he might be baiting me, so I skipped out. Sure enough, the man returned shortly. I then got around to answering Yuki's question and my own plans for today. I had originally meant to do it later, but given the nature of them, it would give more time to have whatever they make finished properly this way.

"It's fine if everyone needs to rest. I still have to confer with Oerba about what they plan to do with Cocoon. We know that a war is in progress, but I'd rather not have to kill more people if I don't have to. If negotiation opportunities arise, I will take them. Barring that, we can't always keep having our battles here on Pulse. Too much collatoral, doubley so if they were the ones behind the attack on Bohemia. To that end, we'll need to engineer a way to get us up there and in a short time. And then there is reviewing my family's notes on Akasan culture before we get there so I don't unintentionally aggrevate them."

(Though intentionally aggrevating them may be inevitable)

I looked towards Yuki. "I'll have to pass on training with all that going on. I practiced with the girls last night, so I'm confident in my new abilities. Unless you guys want to join me for boring talks, I'll be going."

I bid everyone farewell and mentioned one more thing. "Stay outta trouble while I'm gone, okay? I'm just an Ambassador, but I'll have to hear about it if you make a mess of things." I wagged my finger back and forth with an eye closed a playful smile. After I turned away from them, I put on a more serious face and donned my cloak.

Angil

I was sure it would indeed be boring, so I opted out to join Runnah. Training with her last night had been enough. Yuki wanted to train in magic some more and considering my now more limited time, I would oblidge.

"You witnessed how I've fought for awhile now, but it has been some time since we've trained. Now that I think about it, you've never actually witnessed two Goddesses fight have you?" The question was an almost certain 'No' as it was rhetorical. "Perhaps I should train you in the way my family and I traditionally fight back home. It is a bit different than what you've seen me do so far, but you won't get much of an explanation unless you agree." I smiled at him and I could tell I looked a bit playful. If I was going to train him one last time, I'd make sure he knew what to do should he ever come up against an opponent like myself or my sisters.
#179Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:34:56 PM
Yuki/Haru Actual Roleplay Start

Parnell returned shortly after and showed off his new footwear to Haru while simultaneously earning the ire of his older brother. Said older brother then spoke to Yuki about wanting to see the disciplined Akasan youth, and this earned a laugh that caught everyone's attention before he recovered.

Then Runnah gave her responses, and she left to go over strategy and materials for when the party was in Akaso. "Before retiring, you should probably speak to her yourself about what to expect," Yojimbo suddenly said in Yuki's mind.

Yuki nodded slightly. You have that right. Hopefully that innkeeper is still willing to let us stay for another night.

Then Angil spoke and agreed to instruct Yuki a bit, and he was surprised when she suggested that she show him how they traditionally fought back home. Thankfully, her choice of words flew over Haru's head as Yuki narrowed his eyes at her in a way of saying "Don't bring more attention on yourself than necessary," and then nodded.

"That sounds interesting. We should probably find a suitable area then..." he replied. He led the way away from the others, passing through the market and picking up some highly valuable X-Potions on the way.

When they were in an open area away from any visible onlookers, Yuki turned back to face Angil. "Alright, I'm ready when you are."

Meanwhile, Haru had just finished speaking with Parnell on how he could get better when he finally noticed that Yuki and Angil had run off. "Huh? Where did they go?" He soon received the typical "to train and not be bothered while doing so" response. He sighed and looked at Darran and Parnell. "Well? I guess we might as well do so as well..."

They passed through a market as well. Haru picked up some X-Potions and Phoenix Downs on the way, and then the other group got to work.

Roleplay End

Yuki purchases:

-750 X-Potion x2 (1500 total), leaving 10100 gil

Haru purchases

-750 X-Potion x4 (3000 total)
-500 Phoenix Down x2 (1000 total)

Total Gil spent: 4000, leaving 0.

OOC: Parnell could have overheard Angil's choice of words, as could anyone else, but everyone other than Haru and (I'm preety sure) Parnell knows Angil's status as a Goddess (though not that she is on borrowed time, only Yuki, Runnah, and I believe Milly know that).

Milly and Jason could go with either group I believe. If they go with Yuki and Angil, amend the post with them coming along.
---
#180VentusStormPosted 1/22/2013 9:56:02 AM
hm... I'm going to wait for More CP for Jason to gain abilites. but in Milly's case.. I'd Say Have her go with Angil. Jason would go with the other Group.

Anyway...

Milly: "HEY, Wait for meeeee!" I obviously Ran after Yuki and Angil, curious as to what Angil was talking about.

Jason

Jason: "Now that i think about it, I haven't Seen Milly Either. She likely went with them. You leave me Behind, I'll freaking Skin you alive though. :P

Jason Upgrades to a Mythril Bangle!

Jason I Gil 1250 I CP 2000
COM/RAV/SEN/SAB/SYN 3/0/1/0/1
HP: 3980 (3480) I TP 8
STR 590 (490) I MAG 135 I ATB 5
<--WEAPONS--> [European Sword&Sheild]
[E] Anneas (Improved Guard I)
Spine Blade (Attack ATB Charge)
Blue Crystal Rod (Support ATB Charge)
<--CRYSTARIUM-->
-COMMANDO- LV3
[1] Attack/Ruin
[2] Blitz
[A] Launch/Ravage/Smite/Adrenaline/Faultsiphon
[RL] Role Level 3: Self: 30% Extra Damage Allies: 10% Extra Damage
-RAVAGER- LV0
[1]Flamestrike/Froststrike/Sparkstrike/Galestrike/Aquastrike/Cragstrike
-SENTINEL- LV1
[1] Provoke/Challenge/Mediguard/Vendetta
[2] Steelguard
[3] Elemental Guard
[A] Cover/Deathward
[RL] Role Level 1: 40% Damage Reduction
-SABOTEUR- LV0
-SYNERGIST- LV1
[2] Bravery/Faith/Haste
[2] Protect/Shell/Veil
[RL] Role Level 1: Buffs Last 1 more turn
-TACTICAL-
[2] Reraise
[1] Mighty Strikes/Libra
[3][5] Summon: Odin
<--ODIN-->
<--ACCESSORIES--> [4 Slots]
[E] Warrior’s Wristband (+100 STR)
[E] Generals Belt (30% Physical Resistance)
[E] Mythril Bangle (+500 HP)
[E] Frost Ring (1/2 Ice damage)
<--INVENTORY-->
[3] Hi-Potions: Heals 600 HP
[K] Odin Eidolith: Allows [3][5] Summon