A FNCFFXIIIRPG, Chapter Six: Instruments of Unity

#211Final_CataclsymPosted 2/15/2013 4:39:59 AM
OOC: Congratulations everyone! Why you might ask? We've officially been doing this roleplay for one year now. Time flys doesn't it? I hope you all are still enjoying yourselves. We've lost and gained several people throughout the year, but us 4 still remain and we all have 2 characters each to boot. I'm proud of each of you for sticking with it so long considering I myself have been distracted the last month or so. I don't think we'll make it another full year before the story's end, but let's give it our all none the less.

Corrections

Angil did 500 x 2 x 5 x 1.5 x 1.1 x 1.2 x 2 for 19800 and 500 x 4 x 1 x 1.5 x 1.1 x 1.2 x 2 for 7920.
27720 and 9 stagger

Runnah did 450 x 7 x 2 for 6300 and 27 stagger (I round up/down depending if it is .5 over/under)

Total damage is 34020 and 36 stagger

Ruinga reduces an enemies ATB so long as they are not immune to launch. Since it does not have a resistance, Ruinga would reduce it by one per Ruinga used. Enemies can have no immunity, partial immunity before stagger and complete immunity at all times. If the behemoth had partial immunity, say 50% and it didn't trigger, than that works out.

Previous Round RP

Runnah

Chasing bad guys was not anything I was all that interested in. This book was simply fascinating for the amount of knowledge it contained. I wished the others would try reading from books now and again as they might learn something useful. Even still, I helped the group launching frost spells here and there every so often. As I turned to a new page, we heard a roar from a behemoth I had been sensing for some time now. Haru had hit it with magic and it was not pleased. I gave both him and the monster a quick glare before returning to my book. But not before I shot trundred winds across the beast. This book is amazing!

Angil

We were face to face with another huge monster and Runnah was feigning interest in our lives. Did she not notice just how tough this thing was? With Yuki and Haru on the defensive, I went on the offensive. A large blast of ether followed by a number of small ones only seemed to upset it further. I wish Runnah would take her eyes off of that book long enough for...

"Runnah, look out!"

Current Round RP

Runnah

"Runnah, look out!" What was it now?

It was the broadside of the beast's claw that struck towards me and damaged my precious book. The others had been injured by the attack as well, but didn't appear too hurt. However, I can't take my chances since some of them aren't so stong. I sent out curative waves among us and suprisingly, it worked to mend my book. I went back to reading as I still didn't feel this thing was a major threat, but Valefor nagged at me to take it seriously. I tossed her out into the fray for the moment, I was busy.

Angil

Runnah didn't seem bothered by the fact that a monster was trying to kill her. Just what exactly is she reading that it is more important than her own life? I put the thought aside as she healed us and then summoned Valefor. She's my former partner made me want to cut loss so I pulled off my hairpin to attack with twice the speed as usual. The white orbs flew away from me rapidly like a machine gun and Valefor followed up with her own volley of attacks. She was also trying to draw the creatures attention.

Runnah uses Cura x 4
Angil uses Quick, then Ruin x 18
Valefor uses Provoke and Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Water, Aero
#212Final_CataclsymPosted 2/15/2013 4:42:02 AM
Angil | Gil 7840 | CP 400
COM/RAV/SAB/SYN 1/1/1/2
HP 3000
STR 500 | MAG 500 | ATB 6
<~Weapons~>
E Constantine Assault +1 ATB/Attack ATB Charge
Reverend Hammerscythe Support ATB Charge
*Commando LV1*
[1] Attack, Ruin
[3] Ruinga
[A] Adrenaline, Jeopardize
*Ravager LV1*
[1] Fire, Thunder, Aero, Galestrike
[2] Aerora, Galeblitz
[3] Aeroga
*Saboteur LV1*
[1] Deprotect, Deshell, Defaith, Fog, Slow
[3] Defaithga, Fogga
*Synergist LV2*
[2] Haste, Bravery, Faith, Protect, Shell, Enaero
[3] Faithga, Protectga, Shellga
[S] Mighty Guard
*Tactical*
[1] Stop
[2] Renew
[3] Quick
<~~Accessories~~>
E Crystal Hairband - Immunity to Defaith
E Goddess Tassel - Immuntiy to Fog
E Victory Badge - TP+1 on Battle's End
<~~Inventory~~>
[4] Potions
[3] Antidotes
[2] Pale Fangs
[1] Red Fang

Runnah | Gil 8250 | CP 2000
RAV/SEN/SAB/SYN/MED 1/1/0/1/3
HP 3000
STR 140 | MAG 450 | ATB 5
<~Weapons~>
E Felsen Staff - Attack/Support: ATB Charge
Replica Rod - Support: ATB Charge
*Ravager LV1*
[1] Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Water, Aero, Stone
[2] Stonara
[3] Stonaga
*Sentinel LV1*
[1] Provoke, Challenge, Mediguard, Entrench
[2] Reflectguard
[A] Magic Counter
[F] Cover
*Saboteur LV0*
*Synergist LV1*
[2] Haste, Protect, Shell, Enstone, Barstone
[A] Weak Haste
*Medic LV3*
[1] Cure, Curasa
[2] Cura, Esuna, Regen
[3] Curaja, Raise
[4] Esunada, Regenga
[A] Cheersiphon, Offensive Raise, Defensive Raise, Improved Esuna
*Tactical*
[1] Manafont
[3][5] Summon Valefor
<~~Accessories~~>
[E] Gaian Ring: Deal 25% more Earth damage.
<~~Inventory~~>
[1] Runnah's Backpack
[1] Runnah's Books
[1] Valefor Eidolith
[1] Fortisol
[1] Aegisol

<~~Valefor~~>
HP 3480 | RAV/SEN 3/2
STR 1000 | MAG 1000 | ATB 5
<~~Natural Abilities~~>
[1] Attack
[4] Curaga
[A] Sensor, Penetration
[S] Arise, Energy Blast
*Ravager LV3*
[1] Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Water, Aero
[1] Flamestrike, Froststrike, Sparkstrike, Aquastrike, Galestrike
[2] Aerora
[3] Aeroga
[A] Weak Spot, Fearsiphon
*Sentinel LV2*
[1] Elude
[3] Element Guard
[A] Evade, Magic Evade, Magic Counter, Fringeward
[F] Cover, Provoke
#213Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 5:40:50 AM
OOC: Doh! Thanks for the corrections...This would be Runnah's first battle summon of Valefor, right?

Yuki and Haru Combat Roleplay Start

Those last attacks had HURT...and then they dulled after Runnah sent healing energy. Yuki looked to thank her, but did a double take when he saw her still reading that book (though Valefor was out).

What in the...Runnah to? Great...so I get to handle three peoples' workloads...

He thought about summoning Yojimbo, but decided to wait. This thing needs to be put off balance. He then unleashed a volley of elemental spells, each attack striking after one or two of Angil's own spells and amplifying the effect.

Yuki then looked at Haru, who sent out restorative magic over time to everyone except Valefor. Wait...is he trying to protect the party...in a less direct way? Yuki thought. Reckless...although he did want to train with Darran for this reason...

Actions

Yuki uses Chainspell (-2 TP) and unleashes an elemental volley not including earth (Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Water/Aero x14 total). Attack ATB Charge activates!

Haru switches to Medic and casts Regen on Yuki, Angil, Runnah and himself. Support ATB Charge activates!

End

OOC: Update will be when I get home.
---
"Beginning is easy - Continuing is hard."-Japanese Proverb
#214Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 12:47:57 PM(edited)
ROUND 2 RESULTS

Yuki uses Chainspell (-2 TP) and unleashes an elemental volley not including earth (Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Water/Aero x14 total). Yuki inflicts 4620 damage and 84 Stagger. Attack ATB Charge activates! Yuki Regens 680 HP.

Haru switches to Medic and casts Regen for 3 turns on Yuki, Angil, Runnah and himself. Support ATB Charge activates! Haru Regens 699 HP (Not used due to buffer, no tick).

Runnah Summons Valefor (First Time, -3 TP) and uses Cura x 4. All party members heal 3510 HP! Support ATB Charge Activates! Runnah Regens 550 HP (Not used due to buffer, no tick).

Angil uses Quick (-3 TP), then Ruin x 18. Angil inflicts 71,280 (!) damage and 54 Stagger! Attack ATB Charge activates! Angil Regens 550 HP (Not used due to buffer, no tick).

Valefor uses Provoke and Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Water, Aero. Valefor inflicts 15,000 damage and 30 Stagger (OOC: Is it higher because of Penetration? (3+3 RL+1 Overwhelm+1 Weakness to magic=8x5x.75 Chain Resist=30)).

Feral Behemoth Swipes at the party and attacks Valefor once. Valefor evades the swipe and takes 800 (Net 0 due to buffer) damage from the attack! The rest of the party takes 1120 damage from the swipe (Net 0 due to buffer)!

Damage/Stagger Totals and Status:

Yuki: 0 damage, 1[Haste], 2[Regen], 4[Faith]
Haru: 0 damage, 1[Shell, Veil, Haste], 3[Regen]
Angil: 0 damage, 2[Haste], 3[Faith, Regen]
Runnah: 0 damage, 2[Haste], 3[Regen]
Valefor: 0 damage

VERSUS

Feral Behemoth: 124,920 damage, 204 Stagger

ROUND 3, READY! FIGHT!

CURRENT TP: 7/20

OOC: You know...I'm starting to think that the buffer HP idea is making things too easy. Its all well and good for Mediguard and maybe even Regen, but from heaing spells or effects? I'm not so sure...

As for the items...none of them really stand out for Haru or Yuki aside from selling for Gil. I guess Haru could take the Sachet since he is so defensive and Deshell is a threat, but Yuki really has nothing that he would benefit from getting since he won't be taking SAB role anytime soon and Curse (by itself) is a mere annoyance on PC's. Though...if Imperil and Curse are involved it could be disastrous...

EDIT NOTE: Oh the joys of DMing...realizing you forgot something and thinking you forgot something else because you thought someone had another buff...And then finding out you accidentally put said buff in their status window the round before...*FACEPALM*
---
#215Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 2:44:41 PM
OOC: *Sigh* And I look at it again and find I forgot to put Provoke down...even with all that editing before. Behemoth is provoked.
---
#216Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:10:10 AM(edited)
OOC: I'm going to post Yuki and Haru's actions now and do the roleplay before I do an update, just in case you aren't sure what to do Cat.

Yuki and Haru actions

Haru summons Hashmal (first time, -3 TP) and casts Protect [4] on Yuki, Runnah, Angil, and himself. Support:ATB Charge activates.

Yuki uses Chainspell (-2 TP) and unleashes an elemental volley not including earth (Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Water/Aero x16 total). Attack ATB Charge activates!

Hashmal uses Stone twice, then Blitz, and finally Ruin!

Hashmal | Arthogawa
COM/RAV 2/3
HP 3900
STR 1000 | MAG 1000 | ATB 5
<--CRYSTARIUM-->
-COMMANDO-Lvl 2
[1] Attack, Ruin
[2] Blitz
[3] Ruinga
[A] Launch, Blindside, Stagger Drain, Ravage
-RAVAGER-Lvl 3
[1] Stone, Cragstrike
[2] Stonara, Cragblitz
[3] Stonaga
[A] Weak Spot
-EIDOLON-
[S]Arise: If their summoner dies, they revive him/her to 100% HP and disappear.
[F]Provoke: They can use provoke once per round as a free action, at your request.
[4]Curaga: Heals one ally to 100% HP and removes all debuffs.
<--GESTALT SPECIALS-->
-Haru-
[A] Defender of Order: While Hashmal is present, Haru gains an additional 10% damage reduction and a fifth (20%) of damage received is instead dealt to Hashmal
-Hashmal-
[A] Earth Penetration EX: Reduce enemy earth resistance by 1 level for Hashmal. Deals damage and stagger normally when attacking enemies above normal earth resistance while using earth based attacks.
[S] Bind: Causes stop on all enemies that are naturally (Ignore imperil and Earth Penetration EX) less than immune to earth for 1 turn. Works on bosses, but Bind is only usable once per summon.
<--ULTIMATE GESTALT – GAIA’S WRATH-->
Deal 5 X STR/MAG (Whichever does more) to all enemies and staggers all enemies not immune to earth. Slay enemies with 25% HP or less if currently weak to earth; otherwise reduce their HP by half unless the initial damage is more.
---
#217Final_CataclsymPosted 2/17/2013 12:48:55 PM
OOC: We did away with overhealing AGES ago. The only things that overheal are Mediguard and Regen. And I remember discussing nerfing the amount that Mediguard can heal by a decent amount.

Another thing to mention is charge times for TP techniques. I feel certain ones can have global charge times like Renew, Stop, Invincible, Reset and Reraise while the others can be individual like Libra, Quake, Mighty Strikes, Manafont, Equip Change, Chainspell, Quick and Summon.

The accessories Champion's Badge and Energy also need to be changed due to the elimination of stockpiling TP. I feel that one could reduce individual charge times while the other could make it so you always gain +1 bonus TP whether you used a TP move/item/S Move/Cover or not. Thoughts?

Runnah also triggers Cheersiphon to gain an additional ATB.

Penetration only works to eliminate stagger lost from an enemy being Absorbing/Negating/Resisting/Halving the element/type. In other words, it treats all stagger/damage as normal unless the enemy is weak and at that point it adds +1 like normal. Enemies can still lower it due to chain resist.

I'll get back to this before the day is over.
#218Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 1:20:19 PM
OOC: By chargetime, you mean cooldowns, right?

The item changes fit.

And I feel silly for not realizing overhealing was gone.

*No comment on forgetting Cheersiphon, see prior posts for reactions...*
---
#219NemyarPosted 2/17/2013 6:11:23 PM
OOC:
The new system for TP skill seemed needlessly complicated to keep track of. Maybe it's better to do away with them entirely (ala FFXIII-2) as they only serve to make character even more overpowered.

I have another proposal regarding summoning, maybe make it so that battle party can only have one summon active at a time. This would help cut down on time needed to calculate every single character's actions.
#220Final_CataclsymPosted 2/17/2013 10:32:20 PM
OOC: That is another idea as well Nem. I really don't care if characters are overpowered or not as this is all just for fun anyways. Giving characters options though is what fleshes out a character on how they handle a situation. The six roles do give rise to that, but we all still have summons (sans Angil/Parnell) that are an integral part of the story and we need to have a way to implement them without having them in every battle per person. I think that there will be times, forced through the story or by the player's choice, that all summons may be active at a single time, so I think the rule would be only one summoning per turn unless there is a boss battle. There should still be a cooldown/charge time (battle turn wise) that counts down from the time your summon leaves either through Gestalt, death/player death or victory.

Either way, it is up to the DM/us to decide what the best course of action is. I don't mind working a complicated system as long as there are definitive limits like with additions to stagger and all the rules of that. Mind you, these are things I addressed at earlier points, but they weren't important at the time as we weren't in a battle and such.

And if we do get rid of the tactics, or some of them, we'll need to refund that CP to those characters. It may seem obvious, but I figured I would mention it anyways.

Champion's Badge could be the item to always generate TP while Energy Sash could reduce cooldown/charge time. At least, that's the way I see it.

Did you correctly apply chain resist for all characters BTW?

Finally, I can assume Angil can take Rune Bracelet and Runnah can take Gem Necklace? I believe Nem and Ven picked what they wanted for their characters but I was not sure.

Angil

This thing sure wasn't going down easily, but then again, Runnah didn't seem to pay it much mind. I wouldn't give it the chance to hurt us so I froze time and launched a barrage of explosions its way.

Runnah

I looked up from my book to now see that Haru had summoned his Eidolon. Eh, whatever. I stabbed the Felsen Staff into the ground next to me and channeled my energy through it. A glowing fireball hovered above the staff, providing me more reading light. It also allowed me to attack while barely paying attention to the fight at hand. I happened to pour a bit more energy into it than I had intended, so the flames erupting from it were most intense.

Valefor

Even though I wasn't exactly bigger than the behemoth, I still saw it as a threat to my master. She was being larger irresponsible considering we were in the middle of combat, so I tried to make up her apparent apathy with my own ferocity. The cannon in my chest erupted with the elements once again in a colorful barrage of lightning, fire, wind, water and ice.

Angil, Stop and Ruinga x 3
Runnah, Manafont and Fire x 9
Valefor, Lightning/Fire/Aero/Blizzard/Water