FF13-3 Details READ!!

#1Winx_Guy57Posted 11/3/2012 6:54:56 PM
It's finally happened! The title of this Topic is what it says, 'Lightning Returns - Final Fantasy 13' is the name of the new game hitting stores in 2013, which is basically Final Fantasy 13-3. The game is suppose to round-off the 13 saga and finished Lightnings' story once and for all. Details as follows -

The game takes place hundreds of years after the events of FF13-2, with Lightning being the 1 and only playable character. This game somehow takes place in a brand-new world which consists of 4 islands connected my Monorail. The game also has a brand-new story with all-new NPCs. The biggest thing though is the Doomsday countdown. 'The world will end in 13 days' ... Put simply from the moment you start the game, a countdown clock will appear and be constantly ticking away as you play the game. That's basically all the information we get at this point.

Personally, I like the idea of this game, since 13-2 was so disappointing in terms of story and lack-of-ending... but to be set hundreds of years in the future in a new world??? Kinda makes sense since Lightning entered Crystal stasis at the end of her DLC Episode, and that she would have been asleep for a loooooooooong time, but still.... this means, no other characters from 13 or 13-2 will be in the game, unless they found a way to time-travel like Hope did.... I kinda like the idea of only having 1 character, but it's a bit sad considering we're all used to a party of at least 3. I'm putting a link to the sites here so enjoy. Any thought guys?

http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/09/01/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-announced

http://finalfantasyxiii.com/LR/
#2thephoenixlivesPosted 11/3/2012 7:09:08 PM
Just a little tip for you - read the date of the article (August 31st). The game has had its own board on gamefaqs for a while now, so it's not really news. (Though no less exciting of course!)

I, for one, am excited for the new developments in FF, but a little worried about how far it's straying from what made the games great.
#3Winx_Guy57(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 7:14:12 PM
thephoenixlives posted...
Just a little tip for you - read the date of the article (August 31st). The game has had its own board on gamefaqs for a while now, so it's not really news. (Though no less exciting of course!)

I, for one, am excited for the new developments in FF, but a little worried about how far it's straying from what made the games great.

Oh?! Can you link me to the topic? I went nuts over how 13-2 *quote-unquote* 'ended' and now that the final chapter is under way, am looking forward to see what they have done. Like you, I'm also worried about just how far they've strayed from what made these games great. Should be interesting to find out at least..
#4Dragon_IronsPosted 11/3/2012 7:17:38 PM
ONE character? I hope she makes friends with someone along the way, one character would get boring fast.... Also I hope they went back to good old fashioned SUMMONS, like in FF 7-10 (maybe 10-2 too idk, that girly game became a coaster when i was halfway through it lol). The summons were useless in 13 and non-existant in 13-2. I know they're THERE cause they were in 13, they were just completely useless. And the monster pets in 2.... it was interesting but I'm still not sure if i like it. It was annoying as hell sometimes (leveling them/adding skills), and the fact you're limited to 3 roles in the 3rd party slot in a fight kinda ticked me off. Hope someone at SE actually reads this and takes it to heart but I doubt it lol....

Oh ya and what the hell is this doomsday clock crap? What.....(?) if you dont' beat the game before it counts down you have to start over? OR does it keep going even if you don't, and you just get something cool if you DO beat it in time? I hope it's the latter, cause if not... sorry wont' be a sale for me. I dont' like being rushed in rpg's. Especially when I sometimes forget to turn them off or even pause em before I go to bed lol.... Every single FF Is at 9999999999 or whatever hours played, but I didnt actually play that long lmao... I don't care how 13-2 ends (I'm not done playing it btw), if it's the former 13-2 will be the ending for me.
#5Winx_Guy57(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 7:28:11 PM
Dragon_Irons posted...
ONE character? I hope she makes friends with someone along the way, one character would get boring fast.... Also I hope they went back to good old fashioned SUMMONS, like in FF 7-10 (maybe 10-2 too idk, that girly game became a coaster when i was halfway through it lol). The summons were useless in 13 and non-existant in 13-2. I know they're THERE cause they were in 13, they were just completely useless. And the monster pets in 2.... it was interesting but I'm still not sure if i like it. It was annoying as hell sometimes (leveling them/adding skills), and the fact you're limited to 3 roles in the 3rd party slot in a fight kinda ticked me off. Hope someone at SE actually reads this and takes it to heart but I doubt it lol....

Oh ya and what the hell is this doomsday clock crap? What.....(?) if you dont' beat the game before it counts down you have to start over? OR does it keep going even if you don't, and you just get something cool if you DO beat it in time? I hope it's the latter, cause if not... sorry wont' be a sale for me. I dont' like being rushed in rpg's. Especially when I sometimes forget to turn them off or even pause em before I go to bed lol.... Every single FF Is at 9999999999 or whatever hours played, but I didnt actually play that long lmao... I don't care how 13-2 ends (I'm not done playing it btw), if it's the former 13-2 will be the ending for me.

Mate you have some VERY good points there! Sadly I can't answer too much on the Doomsday Clock, since the only other information that's been released on it is that it's constantly ticking with it slowing down during battles and if you die you can 'Retry' but it cost you 'Time' ..... Yeah I know what you're thinking there 0_o I also agree with you on Summons, I cleared 13-2 to the point I got bored of it, even with over a dozen maxed-out monster allies. Btw I apologize to you if I spoiled anything for you in 13-2.
#6Dragon_IronsPosted 11/3/2012 7:46:59 PM
nah you didn't spoil anything. I already know more then that about the ending just from looking up other things on here lol...... idc, games have never been "ruined" for me even if i know what happens cause i haven't SEEN the ending yet.
#7_Itachi_Uchiha_Posted 11/3/2012 10:22:33 PM
DragonIrons,

I basically have the same concerns regarding Lightning Returns. I'm not sure how I feel about the doomsday clock mechanic, and I'm definitely not a fan of only being able to control Lightning. FFXIII provided us with a decently large and varied cast of characters, although a couple of them were annoying as hell. But the fact that we could pick and choose meant that I never got bored of a certain character. FFXIII-2 may have lessened the character cast, but I enjoyed playing as Noel so much that I didn't even care that there were only 2 characters. I *was* admittedly disappointed with the fact that the third slot had to go to a monster, but I also feel like a third "real" character just wouldn't have fit in well for the sake of this story. But either way, after having built a connection with all those characters from the first two games, you'd hope that they could play major roles in LR (as in being playable party members, not taking a backseat NPC role like Hope did in XIII-2, or worse, not appearing at all).

FFXIII and FFXIII-2 still remain among the top of my personal "best games ever" list, with XIII-2 surprisingly taking the number one spot. Both games have their fair share of flaws, but the things that they do well are done exceptionally well to the point where the sum of their parts just made the games so incredible for me. If I had my way, LR would basically take the XIII-2 formula and improve upon it, rather than change it up too much. I don't mind change, but let's wait until FFXV to make any big changes to the formula. I liked how XIII-2 stuck with the basics from XIII but fixed the flaws. I'd like LR to stick with the basics and fix some flaws from XIII-2.

I'm still excited to get LR when it comes out, but I fear it may be a case of "one step forward, two steps backward."
---
Snuggle bunny swag.
#8Winx_Guy57(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 11:00:58 PM
_Itachi_Uchiha_ posted...
DragonIrons,

I basically have the same concerns regarding Lightning Returns. I'm not sure how I feel about the doomsday clock mechanic, and I'm definitely not a fan of only being able to control Lightning. FFXIII provided us with a decently large and varied cast of characters, although a couple of them were annoying as hell. But the fact that we could pick and choose meant that I never got bored of a certain character. FFXIII-2 may have lessened the character cast, but I enjoyed playing as Noel so much that I didn't even care that there were only 2 characters. I *was* admittedly disappointed with the fact that the third slot had to go to a monster, but I also feel like a third "real" character just wouldn't have fit in well for the sake of this story. But either way, after having built a connection with all those characters from the first two games, you'd hope that they could play major roles in LR (as in being playable party members, not taking a backseat NPC role like Hope did in XIII-2, or worse, not appearing at all).

FFXIII and FFXIII-2 still remain among the top of my personal "best games ever" list, with XIII-2 surprisingly taking the number one spot. Both games have their fair share of flaws, but the things that they do well are done exceptionally well to the point where the sum of their parts just made the games so incredible for me. If I had my way, LR would basically take the XIII-2 formula and improve upon it, rather than change it up too much. I don't mind change, but let's wait until FFXV to make any big changes to the formula. I liked how XIII-2 stuck with the basics from XIII but fixed the flaws. I'd like LR to stick with the basics and fix some flaws from XIII-2.

I'm still excited to get LR when it comes out, but I fear it may be a case of "one step forward, two steps backward."

I agree with everything you have said, but I'm afraid the final Chapter for this series is looking to be pretty lonely.... 1 character only and with none of the cast from the first 2 games even getting NPC roles..... if that really does happen, it just makes me wonder exactly what SE have up their sleeve to make the game good enough to conclude the 13 arc. There are rumors going around that 'Lightning Returns' will take an 'Assassins Creed' approach in terms of play style... I RLY hope this is just a rumor.

I'd personally like to see Snow come back or at least have his story end, since the last time we saw him, he was trapped in 'The Arena' but a psychotic looked Yuel.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling we MIGHT see Hope in this new world, since he did a fair amount of time traveling in 13-2, it would make sense to have him show up in this new world... possibly with Noel!! ^_^

Sazh and Dahj are done pretty much... I'm not sure what else they could offer the series.

Fang and Vanille.... I HOPE THEY COME BACK!!! Lightning is my fave character in this series, but apart from her I always favored Fang! Here's to hoping these 2 'sisters' at least get NPC roles in this final game! ... Who knows? Maybe they wake up after Lightning does! :D
#9Retroxgamer0Posted 11/5/2012 10:43:19 AM
a doomsday clock counting down? that sounds horrible
#10Retroxgamer0Posted 11/5/2012 10:46:08 AM(edited)
good job spoiling the ending of ff13 for me TC enjoy your moderation