you havent beaten this game until you have a platinum

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 11/15/2012 2:06:09 AM
thats where the meat is. that means you collect every treasure fight every enemy and do everything there is to do.
#2Drake_GodPosted 11/15/2012 3:24:20 AM
Actually, the platinum is nothing. You have to beat the DLC and recruit all of them too. Can't do that till days' worth of grinding AFTER you got platinum. It ruins the game, but yeah. It's not finished till you done them.
#3Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 7:05:36 AM(edited)
its already like 100 hours of hard work just to platinum the game, why add that to it? i just got the dlc characters i wanted and thats it. i did buy all of it though. maybe someday...
#4EdalborezPosted 11/15/2012 8:16:34 AM
There's no Treasure Hunter achievement in XIII-2 like ther was in XIII. And it would suck if there was since all that trophy did was make me farm Long Guis for hours until I realized that was all I'd be doing for days.

When the last 2 I'm missing are Clock Stopper and Saddle Sore, I don't really care. I've beaten the game. I don't need a virtual reward to tell me that.
#5Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 8:52:00 AM(edited)
Clock Stopper can be gotten easily. retries dont count against your pre-emptive strikes, so you can just get a pre-emptive, and hit retry 100 times and get it. you can also save every 10 or so, and restart if you somehow mess up. its not hard to get, just takes a good 30 minutes or so. i suggest you do it in new bodium 003 af or somewhere where no enemies will lunge at you. oerba might be a good spot as well.
#6EdalborezPosted 11/15/2012 9:09:53 AM
You're missing the point. It's mindless repetition. It's not a sign of how "skilled" anyone is.
#7ExternicaPosted 11/15/2012 10:01:36 AM
Edalborez posted...
You're missing the point. It's mindless repetition. It's not a sign of how "skilled" anyone is.

Well said.
Most of XIII-2's Achievements... er... Trophies only stretch the playtime in an artificial way. But that's true for many other games as well. Saddle Sore for example. There's no skill involved. All you need is a Chocobo and that's it. Take the Steppe and ride in circles for hours.

Collecting all Fragments isn't much better. Fighting every monster in the game is horrible. Extra points for that one-chance-only-and-restart-area-if-unlucky monster at Academia 500 AF.
There's no skill involved either, it's just tedious. Neither is upgrading the characters to the max. You get so many CP for finding Fragments, that level ups are very easy to get. Killing the four super bosses at the steppe helps a lot. (Now THAT involved a little skill - and you're allowed to kill them on Easy to get the Trophy/Achievement).
The very strong Cieth at Oerba 400 AF was also very easy to kill on normal.
And don't forget the fragment you get for playing slots. There's luck involved, but by all means, no skill. Another tedious fragment to find.
And in the end, it's very easy to get all Trophies/Achievements in that game.

Seriously, you're missing the point. A game is over, when you want it to be over. For some, it only includes killing the final boss - and that's it. Others just want to enjoy the game. And that's just as fine.
Ever heard of "Dead Rising"? I'm sure you did, the second game was released on the PS3 as well. It has this lovely Achievement which unlocks, if you play the open mode for 7 ingame-days. That are 14 hours in total. In REAL time. You are not allowed to save and quit. Worse: Your health will be reduced, as time marches on. And healing items are limited. AND there's a game breaking bug on day five.
The reward, besides the achievement? Being allowed to put the Main character in silly underwear.

The only thing I give Achievements/Trophies credit for is, that they motivate you to play through the game again. But other than that? Nothing.

A game is supposed to be fun.
#8hitomikittykinsPosted 11/15/2012 11:29:46 AM
Then I beat it way long ago. This is an easy game to platinum.
---
Gamer for life! 28 and I won't ever stop!
PSN id TakBak.
#9Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 12:54:03 PM
Externica posted...
Edalborez posted...

Well said.
Most of XIII-2's Achievements... er... Trophies only stretch the playtime in an artificial way. But that's true for many other games as well. Saddle Sore for example. There's no skill involved. All you need is a Chocobo and that's it. Take the Steppe and ride in circles for hours.

Collecting all Fragments isn't much better. Fighting every monster in the game is horrible. Extra points for that one-chance-only-and-restart-area-if-unlucky monster at Academia 500 AF.
There's no skill involved either, it's just tedious. Neither is upgrading the characters to the max. You get so many CP for finding Fragments, that level ups are very easy to get. Killing the four super bosses at the steppe helps a lot. (Now THAT involved a little skill - and you're allowed to kill them on Easy to get the Trophy/Achievement).
The very strong Cieth at Oerba 400 AF was also very easy to kill on normal.
And don't forget the fragment you get for playing slots. There's luck involved, but by all means, no skill. Another tedious fragment to find.
And in the end, it's very easy to get all Trophies/Achievements in that game.

Seriously, you're missing the point. A game is over, when you want it to be over. For some, it only includes killing the final boss - and that's it. Others just want to enjoy the game. And that's just as fine.
Ever heard of "Dead Rising"? I'm sure you did, the second game was released on the PS3 as well. It has this lovely Achievement which unlocks, if you play the open mode for 7 ingame-days. That are 14 hours in total. In REAL time. You are not allowed to save and quit. Worse: Your health will be reduced, as time marches on. And healing items are limited. AND there's a game breaking bug on day five.
The reward, besides the achievement? Being allowed to put the Main character in silly underwear.

The only thing I give Achievements/Trophies credit for is, that they motivate you to play through the game again. But other than that? Nothing.

A game is supposed to be fun.

this game doesnt reward only skill, but perseverence like it should :)
#10LolOkayPosted 11/15/2012 1:39:40 PM
Edalborez posted...
There's no Treasure Hunter achievement in XIII-2 like ther was in XIII. And it would suck if there was since all that trophy did was make me farm Long Guis for hours until I realized that was all I'd be doing for days.

Farming Long Guis is stupid. You should've been farming Adamantoises since you would be grinding for gil more than traps. When you've farmed enough gil, you'll almost certainly have excess traps. My comment is pointless.