you havent beaten this game until you have a platinum

#11Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 3:54:16 PM
when you said "tedious" over and over, that should be a dead give away its not an easy platinum. only dedicated players with lots of patience and perseverance will achieve platinum. that is just like any other platinum out there IMO. there are no "hard" platinums in any game, if you enjoy the game a lot and play it endlessly. saying you got a platinum in this in 100 hours sounds ridiculous to someone who played 25 and quit. they think wow i need to play 3 times as long? i have a life! maybe to you 100 hours is nothing to another person its a lot to ask. not everyone plays the same game 100 hours when theres other games out.
#12EdalborezPosted 11/15/2012 4:01:54 PM(edited)
Tedium or lack thereof has very little to do with difficulty. If I 5-star'd every mission in XIII or got all fragments in XIII-2, I'm done as far as I'm concerned. When the last thing to do to "beat" the game is doing a menial task (farming gil, Clock Stopper) for no reason other than a little "Trophy unlocked! Did a thing!" popup, I'm done. Shame on me for not doing it before I did everything else, but I'm done.

It's not because it's too hard. It's because I'm not an achievement hound and I'd rather spend my time on tasks and games I can at least pretend to enjoy. I paid for my "fun time". It was fun. What remains isn't.
#13Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 6:32:29 PM
Edalborez posted...
Tedium or lack thereof has very little to do with difficulty. If I 5-star'd every mission in XIII or got all fragments in XIII-2, I'm done as far as I'm concerned. When the last thing to do to "beat" the game is doing a menial task (farming gil, Clock Stopper) for no reason other than a little "Trophy unlocked! Did a thing!" popup, I'm done. Shame on me for not doing it before I did everything else, but I'm done.

It's not because it's too hard. It's because I'm not an achievement hound and I'd rather spend my time on tasks and games I can at least pretend to enjoy. I paid for my "fun time". It was fun. What remains isn't.

but thats because you already mastered the hard challenges like beating yomi, raspital and beating the game the first time through. that was not easy at first. sure it gets easier as you progress, but most people had a lot of difficulty beating caius the first time at the end, and esp doing any of the paradox endings.
#14Drake_GodPosted 11/15/2012 10:15:58 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
when you said "tedious" over and over, that should be a dead give away its not an easy platinum. only dedicated players with lots of patience and perseverance will achieve platinum. that is just like any other platinum out there IMO. there are no "hard" platinums in any game, if you enjoy the game a lot and play it endlessly. saying you got a platinum in this in 100 hours sounds ridiculous to someone who played 25 and quit. they think wow i need to play 3 times as long? i have a life! maybe to you 100 hours is nothing to another person its a lot to ask. not everyone plays the same game 100 hours when theres other games out.

Let me introduce you to Duke Nukem Forever. I'm stuck at around 45% trophies. That game is merciless. Makes fighting all of this game's coliseum monsters at the same time seem as easy as pie.

But I got a strange personality. So the trophy system ruined gaming for me. Wish I could ignore them like edalborez.

But like you said:
Retroxgamer0 posted...
its already like 100 hours of hard work just to platinum the game, why add that to it? i just got the dlc characters i wanted and thats it. i did buy all of it though. maybe someday...

I quit this game after Valfodr lv40. Haven't given Gilgamesh a try either. But bought em all.