I find this game vastly UNDERRATED!

#1KINDERFELDPosted 11/18/2012 9:46:33 AM
The developers pretty much fixed almost everything that was wrong with XIII in XIII-2 and I'm amazed that this game hasn't gotten more recognition.

I'm so far 50 hours into this game and I so intend to play it over and over again.

There is so much variety as well and this game is anything but linear or mundane!

This is now my 4th favorite Final Fantasy game.

1st is FFIII(SNES)
2nd is FFVII(PS)
3rd is FFVIII(PS)
4th is FFXIII-2(PS3)
---
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps
#2AttraFayttenPosted 11/18/2012 11:49:37 AM
Agreed and it has one of the best endings.

Must say i'm shocked anyone can say FFIII is there favourite....

I'll give you my list cause i can lol (me like list)

1: FFIX
2: FFIV
3: FFXIII/FXIII-2 (actually enjoy the first)
4: FFXI

FFX-2 had arguably the best combat mechanic, so throwing it a shout.
---
"nin nin" a reference to a 'troll/ignorant TC', 'spam/naive topic' and 'boredom/filler subject'
#3KINDERFELD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 12:18:29 PM
I grew up on FFIII man and I played through that game so many times. If there was to be a next gen. FF that is able to deliver what that game did for it's time in next gen. graphics, you'll have the best FF to date.
---
#4_Itachi_Uchiha_Posted 11/18/2012 2:42:36 PM
My top 5

XIII-2
XIII
IV
VI
VII

I loved this game as well and I can understand why people don't like it, but oftentimes it seems to be more "hatred" towards the game rather than "eh wasn't as good as I would have liked"
---
Snuggle bunny swag.
#5KINDERFELD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:33:23 PM
I think this FFXIII-2 has the best soundtrack.
---
#6Reaper_ExEPosted 11/19/2012 10:28:58 PM
FF11 > all

Nuff said
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#7Drake_GodPosted 11/19/2012 11:07:03 PM
KINDERFELD posted...
The developers pretty much fixed almost everything that was wrong with XIII in XIII-2

Agreed. But they could have made the DLC more useful.

My top 4:

VIII
XII
T
TA
#8VadimonyPosted 11/20/2012 12:08:50 AM
They fixed only the battle system problems. Not everything like you claim. And as much as you'd like to say it's underrated, I'd argue the opposite: it failed miserably in the story department. I don't blame it, as the original did a great job giving this one a failure to start with.

Overall, the game isn't better than other games, and it's not deep enough to have a superb combat system. It's quite shallow, much more shallow than the original was.

I would rate it higher than XIII, but only because the gameplay offered more "entertainment" than watching movies and mashing x or inputting annoying simple commands majority of the time. It was less of a grindfest than the original, but still not good enough to get the same experience I got from FFX and FFXII and X-2. X and X-2 offered the best battle systems, with XII being my personal favorite as I loved running around solo'ing monsters in like 1 vs 20 type of odds which lagged horribly though.

I hope you pick up X and enjoy that the way it was meant to be played: no sphere grid, summons, and so forth. Then you'll experience the true composure needed to play RPGs. You really gotta plan your way through that mode. Fun, but very challenging.
#9tiornysPosted 11/20/2012 1:35:54 AM
Vadimony, if you like the strategizing required for X/X-2, you'd probably enjoy FFXIII challenges as well. Obviously, you don't need a high level of strategy just to get through the game (which I'd argue is also true for X, incidentally), but that changes in a hurry when you start pushing for optimal battle times or taking on various fights at lower development than intended.

t~
#10magdapocketPosted 11/20/2012 1:39:27 AM
meh