I find this game vastly UNDERRATED!

#21Lelouch71Posted 11/23/2012 10:00:13 PM
Indeed it is underrated. But I get the feeling it's going to be one of those games that will end up being very well liked within the next 5-10 years. Chrono Cross and FFIX were kind of the same way. Now they are both well liked. With FFIX being the most respected FF.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#22kitphirothPosted 11/24/2012 5:32:17 AM
I'll give my 5, like it matters lol.

5. FFT
4. FF13
3. FF9
2. FFXIII-2
1. FFVII

I'm not really a fan of the older ones, I guess. I played them, just never stuck with me idk.
#23eroytapelPosted 11/28/2012 1:07:58 PM
By "fixing" everything that was wrong in XIII they ruined XIII-2.

This game feels like a subpar XIII mixed with a subpar Kotor.
#24Gandalf the IstariPosted 12/2/2012 1:34:29 PM
KINDERFELD posted...

1st is FFIII(SNES)

Oh... you're one of those...
#25confettistormPosted 12/2/2012 8:22:35 PM
There hasn't been a good FF since 10.

Square has gone the route of very pretty graphics and no appealing gameplay.
I didn't pick this up when it was on sale for $15.
#26LewdDolphin21Posted 12/2/2012 8:59:30 PM
confettistorm posted...

Um, I don't think you're fully qualified to make the first statement when you allegedly haven't played this game.
---
Divisibility by four? Ha! I mean, even perfect squares are divisible by four!
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIII.
#27AttraFayttenPosted 12/3/2012 2:46:04 AM
LewdDolphin21 posted...
confettistorm posted...

Um, I don't think you're fully qualified to make the first statement when you allegedly haven't played this game.

Lol burned!
---
"nin nin" a reference to a 'troll/ignorant TC', 'spam/naive topic' and 'boredom/filler subject'
#28tiornysPosted 12/3/2012 7:40:37 AM
LewdDolphin21 posted...

I dunno, personally I figured he was qualified to make the statement I read. Of course, when I saw this:

confettistorm posted...

What I read was this: "I'm a nostalgic FF fan who can't get past my preconceived notions about what a FF game should be."

And having looked at that again, I stand by my opinion that he's qualified to make that statement.

t~
#29LewdDolphin21Posted 12/3/2012 8:29:12 AM
Well, I suppose if the basis for liking a game is whether it's either FF7,8,9,X, then I suppose the statement is justified. It's a silly basis for liking a game, though. I respect one's opinion of a game (or a sequence of games, here) if they had actually played the entire game beforehand instead of looking only at the surface.
---
Divisibility by four? Ha! I mean, even perfect squares are divisible by four!
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIII.
#30destrian522Posted 12/3/2012 3:46:58 PM
tiornys posted...
(if I could play X-2 in a meaningful way while skipping most of the sidequests, I'd probably enjoy that one too, but as is I'm unlikely to ever play through it).

This is feasible. I had a hard time getting through it because of the sheer amount of crap and I was trying for 100%, but I sort of figured out what was worth doing and what wasn't by the end of it. I can write you a walkthrough outline if you'd like.
---
CWLSIV