Is FFVII the darkest game in the series?

#11vxcorwinxvPosted 11/22/2012 11:21:15 AM
C'mon FF6 is pretty awesome you fail to save the world, it gets ruined and you are left in a dying world trying to pick up the pieces. Everyone you run into is fairly depressed when you get them back and even at the end of the game the world is still so ruined it'll be generations before it starts to recover.

I guess it's hard for people to realize how dark it is with it's snes graphics :/ or the fact that gamers that grew up post snes/n64 haven't even played it.
#12Aqua_lovePosted 11/22/2012 4:07:48 PM
vxcorwinxv posted...
C'mon FF6 is pretty awesome you fail to save the world, it gets ruined and you are left in a dying world trying to pick up the pieces. Everyone you run into is fairly depressed when you get them back and even at the end of the game the world is still so ruined it'll be generations before it starts to recover.

I guess it's hard for people to realize how dark it is with it's snes graphics :/ or the fact that gamers that grew up post snes/n64 haven't even played it.

agreed... you see so many people die in 6
but it's not considered as dark and edgy as 7 for some bizarre reason
---
<3 Piers <3
http://www.facebook.com/BSAAPiers
#13Jiro911Posted 11/22/2012 10:58:46 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics.

That is all.
---
Brawl Friendcode: 4854-6099-1628
Wizard fet http://tinypic.com/r/287nd4m/7
#14CyclonicWindsPosted 11/24/2012 2:01:47 PM
It's probably because most FFVI characters have something silly about them. Locke's responses to being called a thief... Edgar's way of approaching the ladies... Terra calling Sabin a bodybuilder who strayed from his gym... Celes in the Opera House before the show... Cyan's mistrust in machines... Sabin's nonsense on the raft in the first Ultros battle... Setzer betting his life on a coin toss... Gau's everything...

The only important characters I can think of who AREN'T silly in some way are The Emperor, Leo, and Shadow now that I think about it, but in my opinion it just makes that event all the more devastating because of how light-hearted the majority of the characters are before it happens.

I definately vote FFVI.
#15sk8r_ryanPosted 11/25/2012 7:52:41 AM
I agree with VI.
---
~ RI's Official Sexy Awesomeness ~
"Mine is not bold. It's just there." -ragnaroxas
#16pnpdarrelPosted 11/25/2012 7:00:57 PM
I'd say from an objective standpoint, VI, from an emotionalerspective, VII, and for the simple fact almost nothing went well for that girl in that trailer, Agni Philosophy. Hey, if people can have hundreds of fanfics over a game stuck in development hell, I can say a tech demo is dark.
---
Some people want the the best of the best. Me, I'll take everything that they don't.
#17LivingHitokiriPosted 11/26/2012 7:52:00 PM
Let me ask you this.
Is there a final fantasy that is not dark?
All of them are about destruction,death,wars,chaos and anything you can imagine.

As for the darkest in the series i would go with IX or VI , even if their drawing style lightens the mood the story and the whole settings in these games are hella dark!
#18Lelouch71Posted 11/26/2012 9:27:27 PM
CyclonicWinds posted...
It's probably because most FFVI characters have something silly about them. Locke's responses to being called a thief... Edgar's way of approaching the ladies... Terra calling Sabin a bodybuilder who strayed from his gym... Celes in the Opera House before the show... Cyan's mistrust in machines... Sabin's nonsense on the raft in the first Ultros battle... Setzer betting his life on a coin toss... Gau's everything...

The only important characters I can think of who AREN'T silly in some way are The Emperor, Leo, and Shadow now that I think about it, but in my opinion it just makes that event all the more devastating because of how light-hearted the majority of the characters are before it happens.

I definately vote FFVI.

That's why it's harder to take FFVI completely seriously as a dark games because the characters were pretty silly but charming. It was also rather cartoony too. But it definitely had dark themes though. I guess if the characters acted more serious like FFXII's it would definitely be a good rival for FFT in this area.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#19FaustXIIPosted 11/27/2012 8:00:03 PM
SkrallRampager posted...
I gotta go with 10.

Not super bloody, but definitely the most..... overbearing with a dark plot.

Yep, loss of hope and also "what if everything you lived your life by was a complete lie?" come to mind.
#20Zeronic007Posted 11/28/2012 12:22:32 AM
Totally agree... till we see the end of XIII-2... man this sucks