Is it just me, or is this game WAAAAY too easy?

#11achilleszeroPosted 11/22/2012 8:31:45 AM
3pikDAMO posted...
Hopefully there'll be a difficulty increase soon. I'm kind of expecting there'll be a 'hard' difficulty unlocked when I complete the game (seeing as there's 'normal' and 'easy' so far it would be only logical).

Prepare to be disappointed. Only easy and normal modes.
#12vxcorwinxvPosted 11/22/2012 11:17:23 AM
3pikDAMO posted...
I started the game yesterday, and am just about to go to Augusta Tower. So far, yeah, the difficulty hasn't been too troubling. Taking on Caius without a saboteur was a mistake, but then I just went and trained Serah in that and beat him first time. Otherwise there's been no major challenges.

Hopefully there'll be a difficulty increase soon. I'm kind of expecting there'll be a 'hard' difficulty unlocked when I complete the game (seeing as there's 'normal' and 'easy' so far it would be only logical). I'll probably switch onto that as soon as I get it. And, yeah, hopefully the difficulty'll jump up soon. A DLC for 'extreme' difficulty wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah the main storyline never gets terribly difficult. There are several tough fights when going for all the fragments though. No hard-mode though sorry :/
#13midsizelebowskiPosted 11/23/2012 5:15:35 AM
Crystarium use is optional. If you don't spend until you need to (a boss kills you multiple times), the game stays challenging and fun. Nothing insane like NCU, just limited crystarium use.

Paradigm shift timing, timing heals around staggers, and paradigm deck/management are all important throughout the game and make the combat system deep and strategic. You learn to win with a limited skill pool and role arsenal.

I can't emphasize enough how much I love that it's impossible to become overlevelled in this and XIII (XII too actually).
#14FeiroPosted 11/30/2012 1:57:26 PM
Yes, this game is waay too easy. I began to notice that and the boards confirmed that it doesn't get any harder outside of a couple boss instances or DLC content. Once I learned that, I didn't even bother playing it anymore. Huge disappointment.
#15Leon FanPosted 12/9/2012 9:43:45 PM
Just beating the story without 100% or getting best endings it is one the easier games. But if you want to 100% its pretty challenging
---
PSN: rtomblin Fav. Series: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid
Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Half Life, Dino Crisis, God Of War
#16AlmasNo1FanPosted 12/9/2012 9:45:46 PM
whaaat

it is near impossible to get 5 stars from the get go :( but ive only done 5 battles. whatevs.
---
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/gamefaqsqueens.png
By: ilikeikeilikeik
#17tiornysPosted 12/9/2012 9:50:07 PM
Battle rank mechanics are changed from XIII. In XIII, battle rank was sensitive to the power level of your party. In XIII-2, that is no longer the case. Target times depend solely on the enemy. Once you become more powerful, you'll be able to 5-star most battles with ease.

t~
#18XSilverPhoenixXPosted 12/10/2012 6:19:03 AM
The game is not easy, it's "easier." Only hardcore players complain that it's easy. It can provide you with a suitable challenge depending on how you play. The only difference is that you can grind in this game before you hit a plateau before moving up the Crystarium.
#19heartlessoutlawPosted 12/10/2012 6:28:56 AM(edited)
ArcaneSpiezer posted...
there is a very noticeable difficulty drop since FF13 (arguably one of the more difficult FFs to date).

WHAT!? ff13 is arguably one the most easy ff game ever. i hit auto battle till chp 11 than i still hit auto battle for 90% of any battle. ff13 needs to die. give us ff13 versus and KH3. lighting sucks. she is clearly ripping off squall from ff8 just a female version.
#20tiornysPosted 12/10/2012 6:30:24 AM
heartlessoutlaw posted...
WHAT!? ff13 is arguably one the most easy ff game ever. i hit auto battle till chp 11 than i still hit auto battle for 90% of any battle.

Some questions, if you don't mind answering:
Did you do any or all of the missions? If so, when?
Did you do any grinding during the main storyline?
Did you do any other postgame content?
How often did you change up your team and/or paradigm deck?
Did you 5-star almost every battle, or did you typically get fewer stars?
How often did you retry battles, if at all?
How often did you use shrouds, if at all? Summons?
Did you upgrade any equipment?
How often did you alter your weapon/accessory setup?
How much did you use guides/FAQs/forum advice, if at all?

Thanks!

t~