IYO Best Ravenger in the game?

#1jaganshi2Posted 11/22/2012 10:54:51 PM
This may have been asked allot before, but i'm not as active on these boards so i could have missed some past great discussions on this. There could have be some new opinions as well because of new discoveries or dlcs that happened.

Anyway who in your opinion is the best Rav. And why?
---
Be a part of Jaganshi-mania! Just text to 2334
#2ArthellinusPosted 11/22/2012 11:01:27 PM
DLC: Lightning
Non-DLC: Cloudburst
#3alt_realityPosted 11/22/2012 11:47:34 PM
How is it that multiple people refer to them as "ravengers?" The only place it is mentioned is in the game............ you see it spelled correctly every time you put one in your party.

r
a
v
A
G
e
r

Also,

Arthellinus posted...
DLC: Lightning
Non-DLC: Cloudburst

---
"We running out of time!" Sigurd, Typogears
#4destrian522Posted 11/23/2012 9:21:13 AM
You wanted why, so I'll add it in. Lightning is a fast chainer. Cloudburst has a nuts Feral Link and can also be a somewhat fast chainer. It's simplified, but if you want a full description then you should read the ones in the Monster Infusion FAQ (in the builds section).
---
CWLSIV
#5kitphirothPosted 11/24/2012 4:37:37 AM
Personally, I've used the Blue Chocobo and had him eat some other Ravagers. His magic stat is almost 1200 and he just rocks all sorts of damage, not to mention that he's cute!

My other monsters couldn't even shadow him, not at all. I enjoyed leveling him up! If you develop him like I did? Oh my god, he'll be the boss of the game, lol.
#6jaganshi2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:44:23 AM
The faqs, if i may recall, had Valfodr as the best RAV.
---
#7destrian522Posted 11/24/2012 7:55:27 AM
I don't think so. Valfodr might be the strongest Rav, but he isn't regarded as the best Rav. I'm not sure if it is just the positioning problem that slows him down compared to Lightning, or if there are other issues as well.
---
CWLSIV
#8ArthellinusPosted 11/24/2012 8:01:16 AM(edited)
Lightning is a better physical RAV, for one thing.

For magic, Lightning vs. Valfodr is inconclusive. In this case, practicality comes into play because once you get Valfodr, there's nobody to really use him against. Plus he's exorbitantly expensive. Cloudburst is generally recommended over either of them against Gilgamesh.

The one other area in which Valfodr could be competitive is as a Magic-based pseudo-COM. He can't compete with COM Lightning, but she's usually built all-Power. He may be on the same level as Metallicactuar and Red Chocobo assuming his Weak Spot activates. I haven't run the numbers, though.
#9jaganshi2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 7:13:48 PM
What about the Blue chocobo and Grand Behemoth in comparison to Cloudburst and Lightning?

I do use Rav Lightning but i do love the FL of Cloudburst, however 'm already using goblin chieftain so...
---
#10achilleszeroPosted 11/27/2012 7:35:14 PM
jaganshi2 posted...
What about the Blue chocobo and Grand Behemoth in comparison to Cloudburst and Lightning?

There's really no comparison between those two groups of RAVs. Lightning is just flat out better with a great Feral Link and Cloudburst's Feral Link is one of the best in the game. That's not to say Blue Chocobo and Grand behemoth are bad. They both are still very good RAVs. If you wanna use either one over Lightning or Cloudburst, go for it.

Oh, and from what I've seen: Magic-Grand Behemoth > Blue Chocobo.