Finished 13 and now up to 13-2. (Questions)

#1SpedHeadPosted 12/9/2012 2:16:26 PM
Sorry if any of these questions were asked but I can't seem to find them.

I just recently finished 13 and I have 13-2 coming in an order,

1) How similar are the battle commands from 13 and 13-2, are there anything thats new and should be noted for starting 13-2?

2) How is the free roaming in this game? I remember that in 13, the free roaming is exceptionally limited to a single chapter, if not, only a bit of free roaming.

3) Are the DLC worth purchasing?

Thanks in advance.
#2Lelouch71Posted 12/9/2012 4:29:28 PM
SpedHead posted...
Sorry if any of these questions were asked but I can't seem to find them.

I just recently finished 13 and I have 13-2 coming in an order,

1) How similar are the battle commands from 13 and 13-2, are there anything thats new and should be noted for starting 13-2?

2) How is the free roaming in this game? I remember that in 13, the free roaming is exceptionally limited to a single chapter, if not, only a bit of free roaming.

3) Are the DLC worth purchasing?

Thanks in advance.

1. The battle system is exactly the same except you have blood damage that keeps you from recovering full HP. So you would need to purchase a certain item to fix that. You won't get a game over if the leader dies. Instead it continues until both Serah and Noel are defeated. Also the game is easier as well.

2. The game is more non-linear than FFXIII. You can go back and even redo certain chapters. The game encourages that you do it if you want to beat it 100%. Not to mention you don't exactly follow a linear path like in FFXIII.

3. Depends on you. If you like some of the costumes then get them. The episodes aren't exactly essentially. The coliseum bosses are just extras bosses that gives you a challenge. Over all you don't need to get any of them. The Lightning episode is the only one that might be worth a damn. If nothing else to get Valkyrie Lightning.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#3MoonlightJustPosted 12/9/2012 8:37:22 PM
The DLC's can add some fun little flavor bits. Being able to get certain charaters, or super powered monsters is a lot of fun. But its not neccesary in any way.
#4Drake_GodPosted 12/9/2012 9:01:06 PM
MoonlightJust posted...
The DLC's can add some fun little flavor bits. Being able to get certain charaters, or super powered monsters is a lot of fun. But its not neccesary in any way.

Not to mention you have to beat these super powerful monsters before you can use them. So the only thing they're good for is beating the other DLC enemies. Useless.

Lelouch71 posted...
1. The battle system is exactly the same except you have blood damage that keeps you from recovering full HP. So you would need to purchase a certain item to fix that. You won't get a game over if the leader dies. Instead it continues until both Serah and Noel are defeated. Also the game is easier as well.

Just to clarify, the "blood damage" or wound damage temporarily reduces your max HP. This is only really a factor in boss battles. In which case it's not uncommon to see your max HP drop to 40%.

Also, you can switch leaders during battle at will. No need to stick to 1 leader throughout.

And finally, where your battle party was 3 characters in XIII, it's 2 characters (the only ones you can control) + a monster. The monster is automatically caught by beating it in battle (with a certain success %). Most random enemies and some bosses can be caught.
You can take up to 3 of them into battle, but they act like a single character with 3 paradigms.
The problem with this is, you set them up like the paradigms of the 3rd character in XIII. Only 3 roles means your set of 6 paradigms will be limited.
But on the plus side, each monster has its own special ability.
(note that the monsters cant be the party leader)
#5XSilverPhoenixXPosted 12/10/2012 6:21:36 AM(edited)
There are hidden monsters you can find and you can only capture them once so if you get rid of them forget it. People would have no clue you can even get these monsters if not for a guide or FAQ.

The Chichu can only be gotten again by purchasing DLC and capturing it that way if you get rid of it.

Be prepared for a lot of annoying Time Clock puzzles. You can find an application for it online to make it easier for yourself.