How non-linear is this game?

#1ryudo500Posted 12/13/2012 12:37:57 AM
I loved X and XIIII, I did not mind the linear aspect of either. the story was soliod and I loved all the cutscenes.

I read this plays more like X-2.

please tell me this isn't so. I just don tlike choosing where to go next, especially in a F game imo. I like the story to take me where I need to be
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#2Aqua_lovePosted 12/13/2012 8:19:55 AM
This is why SE can't win these days

one minute fans scream TOO LINEAR
next they scream TOO NONLINEAR

why can't you appreciate a game for the story and gameplay without saying

"oh please tell me it doesn't play like that D="
---
<3 Piers <3
http://www.facebook.com/BSAAPiers
#3ryudo500(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 8:36:09 AM
Aqua_love posted...
This is why SE can't win these days

one minute fans scream TOO LINEAR
next they scream TOO NONLINEAR

why can't you appreciate a game for the story and gameplay without saying

"oh please tell me it doesn't play like that D="

Love linear games andI have never complained about it before. stop generalizing me into that group. I have enjoyed FF the way it has been since FFI really, mostly linear. with the exception of FF XII.

if a game is spread out like FFx-2 then I will not enjoy the story since it will be pulling from 3 or 4 different directions.

get the **** out of my topic
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#4MajinKain0Posted 12/13/2012 9:21:07 AM
You can go to different areas throughout the game by using Wild Artefacts, but if you just want to play the main story the game will lead you to the next destination. There's one part early (end of chapter 2) where you can go to 1 of 2 places in either order, but other than that there will be one choice to continue the story. Basically Wild Artefact = optional, named Artefacts = required. You will have to use a few Wild Artefacts to advance, however. I'd say it's more like the older FFs than X-2, where you can explore, but your path forward is pretty straight forward.
#5ryudo500(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:28:52 AM
MajinKain0 posted...
You can go to different areas throughout the game by using Wild Artefacts, but if you just want to play the main story the game will lead you to the next destination. There's one part early (end of chapter 2) where you can go to 1 of 2 places in either order, but other than that there will be one choice to continue the story. Basically Wild Artefact = optional, named Artefacts = required. You will have to use a few Wild Artefacts to advance, however. I'd say it's more like the older FFs than X-2, where you can explore, but your path forward is pretty straight forward.

nice, alright man thanks
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#6ExternicaPosted 12/13/2012 10:48:08 AM
Well, there's one point in the main storyline, where you need to use a wild artefact, to find a way to Augusta Tower 300 AF or 200 AF. Forgot which one, so you can advance the main storyline.
There's also a place in academia 4XX AF, where you need to find four of six six certain Artefacts, some of which are located in optional areas.

But overall, the main storyline is linear, but you can do some side missions at optional places whenever you feel like it. Once you reach chapter 2, you have access to the Historia Crux. Just pause the game and choose to go there.

On the scale of linearity and open world, XIII-2 would be somewhere in the middle.