Arth's Final Fantasy XIII-2 Patch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Arth's Final Fantasy XIII-2 Patch
(message deleted)

User Info: Arthellinus

Arthellinus
4 years ago#22
Jeopardize has no business requiring 99 RAV levels to learn. It's not worth nearly that much. The best "regular" COM ability is obviously Adrenaline, so I think that makes a better choice.

"Provoke Chaser" is designed to give SENs a fairly significant, if indirect, boost to your party's offense.

As for SYNs, here's what I have.

1. Define two new 3-ATB abilities (I'll use tentative names but I don't care what they're actually called):

"Barrier"
- Casts Protect and Shell on target
- Base duration: 90 seconds

"Shield"
- Casts Vigilance and Veil on target

2. Reintroduce Haste with the same visual design as in XIII but with XIII-2 properties (only +33% ATB speed) and a base duration of 30 seconds.

3. Monsters cannot learn Barrier, Shield, or Haste.

4. Revise Serah's and Noel's SYN ability lists to the following (listed in order of acquisition):

- Serah -
Vigilance
Veil
Protect
Shell
Enfire
Enthunder
Haste (99)

- Noel -
Protectga
Shellga
Veilga
Vigilaga
Barrier
Shield
Enfrost
Enaero
Boon (99)

User Info: InfinyGodslayer

InfinyGodslayer
4 years ago#23
Arthellinus (tc) Posted 12/30/2012 11:22:14 PM

"Barrier"
- Casts Protect and Shell on target

"Shield"
- Casts Vigilance and Veil on target

4. Revise Serah's and Noel's SYN ability lists to the following (listed in order of acquisition):

I disagree, mostly because people would never cast the primary spells even though they lasts twice as long as these new spells. This would make the primary spells useless.

I think that would be nice If more SYN monster had only EN-element spells only.

By the way, wonderful initiative!!! I was making my own changes, since I find this game very unbalanced and when I saw this topic I feel relieved because Iam not the only one who is not satisfied with what this game is now.

---
"A god...The universe is full of gods. Who is mortal..." Gabriel Celeste - Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria.

User Info: foo1239

foo1239
4 years ago#24
Honestly all I would do is add a hard mode, that made the game about as hard as FF13, and perhaps a super hard mode that would be really hard, I personally get more out of the story when bosses who are supposed to be hard in the story are actually hard in the gameplay

User Info: InfinyGodslayer

InfinyGodslayer
4 years ago#25
Bump. Looks like no one is interested into improving this game. C'mon!

---
"A god...The universe is full of gods. Who is mortal..." Gabriel Celeste - Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Arth's Final Fantasy XIII-2 Patch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived