Arth's Final Fantasy XIII-2 Patch

#21Arthellinus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 11:21:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22Arthellinus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 11:22:14 PM
Jeopardize has no business requiring 99 RAV levels to learn. It's not worth nearly that much. The best "regular" COM ability is obviously Adrenaline, so I think that makes a better choice.

"Provoke Chaser" is designed to give SENs a fairly significant, if indirect, boost to your party's offense.

As for SYNs, here's what I have.

1. Define two new 3-ATB abilities (I'll use tentative names but I don't care what they're actually called):

"Barrier"
- Casts Protect and Shell on target
- Base duration: 90 seconds

"Shield"
- Casts Vigilance and Veil on target

2. Reintroduce Haste with the same visual design as in XIII but with XIII-2 properties (only +33% ATB speed) and a base duration of 30 seconds.

3. Monsters cannot learn Barrier, Shield, or Haste.

4. Revise Serah's and Noel's SYN ability lists to the following (listed in order of acquisition):

- Serah -
Vigilance
Veil
Protect
Shell
Enfire
Enthunder
Haste (99)

- Noel -
Protectga
Shellga
Veilga
Vigilaga
Barrier
Shield
Enfrost
Enaero
Boon (99)
#23InfinyGodslayerPosted 1/2/2013 1:49:35 PM
Arthellinus (tc) Posted 12/30/2012 11:22:14 PM

"Barrier"
- Casts Protect and Shell on target

"Shield"
- Casts Vigilance and Veil on target

4. Revise Serah's and Noel's SYN ability lists to the following (listed in order of acquisition):

I disagree, mostly because people would never cast the primary spells even though they lasts twice as long as these new spells. This would make the primary spells useless.

I think that would be nice If more SYN monster had only EN-element spells only.

By the way, wonderful initiative!!! I was making my own changes, since I find this game very unbalanced and when I saw this topic I feel relieved because Iam not the only one who is not satisfied with what this game is now.

---
---
"A god...The universe is full of gods. Who is mortal..." Gabriel Celeste - Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria.
#24foo1239Posted 1/3/2013 11:48:46 AM
Honestly all I would do is add a hard mode, that made the game about as hard as FF13, and perhaps a super hard mode that would be really hard, I personally get more out of the story when bosses who are supposed to be hard in the story are actually hard in the gameplay
#25InfinyGodslayerPosted 1/16/2013 3:33:14 AM
Bump. Looks like no one is interested into improving this game. C'mon!

---
---
"A god...The universe is full of gods. Who is mortal..." Gabriel Celeste - Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria.