anyone else using Serah as their commander, and noel as rav?

#1GateOfDestinyPosted 12/24/2012 2:49:28 PM
Noel as Commander and Serah and Rav. seems the default choice. After a bit early into the game, felt a bit boring controlling Noel as Com main, so I restarted and have Serah as my control/com and noel as rav. It feels different and having fun with it right now.
---
Hentai = Art Pokemon: 2580 3015 2189
"Its all about love, friendship and courage! - Laguna, FF8
#2ExternicaPosted 12/24/2012 3:00:26 PM
Well, you don'T need to restart in order to make Noel your Rav and Serah your Com.
Ruin's strength is determined by Serah's magic stat.
While Noel learns Rav spells that are based on his strength. I played the game in german, so I don't know their english names. The spells he uses by hitting enemies with his swords. [insert Element Name here] Hit?

I'm not sure if it's possible to give Noel the highest magic stat, though. But if there is, I'd like to see the instructions.
After receiving Com Lightning, Noel only worked as Ravager from that point onwards.
#3Gaming_EsquirePosted 12/24/2012 3:36:02 PM
Yes. Always.

And, *Commando.
---
Jordis > Ingjard > Serana > Lydia > Aela > Mjoll
#4tiornysPosted 12/24/2012 7:44:25 PM
Er...
I use both Serah and Noel as Commandos, and I use both Serah and Noel as Ravagers. So, yes, but not in the exclusive way that your question seems to imply.

t~
#5ArmaLeyvatenPosted 12/25/2012 3:59:35 PM
tiornys posted...
Er...
I use both Serah and Noel as Commandos, and I use both Serah and Noel as Ravagers. So, yes, but not in the exclusive way that your question seems to imply.

^ This
#6Chaos-StrikerPosted 12/26/2012 5:31:23 AM
More towards end-game and most of post-game, I start using them as either COMs or RAVs in the same paradigm. But if current battle demands allow me to, no, I would much rather like to use Noel as my COM and Serah as my RAV.

A COM that just uses Ruin all day is just too damn boring, and trumps DPS freaks' love of extreme efficiency by a milestone for me. Also, Ruin doesn't trigger Launch, Scourge, and Smite. I'll admit if you keep up your crystarium progression, much of the game can be done without those abilities, but it's good to know that if you're going to make use of them, a strength COM will be doing so and won't waste an ATB segment on a minimal damage Launch attack or if timed right, a Scourge without buffs/debuffs.

Again, towards late and post-game using two COMs or RAVs at once is probably better but I just happen to like more variety in my paradigms if the story allows it.
---
~A different breed of gamer
#7rewwPosted 12/26/2012 12:00:55 PM
I really wish I would have made Serah use strength. I get tired of casting all the time
---
Official Disgaea 1 Majin of the Makai Senki Disgaea 4 Board
#8TrenchcoatFlashPosted 12/31/2012 4:03:12 AM
Yup and it is great for random battles. Ruinga from Sarah with Noel as a rev turns into Ravage spamming for 8 second battles.
---
Responding to me means you care about me <3
Level 1 Trolls killed: 27
#9glyde69Posted 1/7/2013 3:36:02 PM
Oh man, just started game. Total newb(for now).

Serah is not a commando????? I've been building her up 100 percent as a commando(still have no idea what I'm doing with Crystalarium).

^^^ probably spelled stuff wrong....very early in game.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785