It's not possible to reset a monster's Abilities is it?

#1Milla_MaxwellPosted 12/28/2012 2:19:45 AM
I just got Lightning from 5 Starring her DLC and I gave her the Ability: "Attack: ATB Charge" because I was under the impression that it was a good ability. (I'm still early in the game mind you)

Later on Sarah got "Attack: ATB Charge II" and then It dawned on me... The Ability I gave Lightning was a really ****ty one...

Is it possible to reset the Abilities? Or Get a new Lightning?

If neither is possible is one useless ability going to matter much once she's max level anyway?

Also: What item is used to Level Up Lightning? She's been a Level 1 for a while now and I haven't gotten any item that's available? (It doesn't matter too much, but it would be nice if she had Abilities other than Ruin, Attack and Blitz.
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#2TheGaijinPosted 12/28/2012 3:18:27 AM
Both your questions are answered in the monster infusion guide on the same website you just posted
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune
#3MightyGebPosted 12/28/2012 9:53:02 AM
You can upgrade the ability. Infuse a (example) Lv.1 Yeoman and you'll have a locked Attack: ATB Charge II instead. Any monster with Charge II (not red-locked) will work.

You can't reset abilities, but most things through infusion can be fixed in some way. Passive abilities can be fixed, role abilities cannot. Sometimes the effort just isn't worth it though, so it may be worth restarting in those cases.

As for leveling Lightning you will need either Potent, Power, Mana or Vitality Crystals. My channel (sig) shows some non-DLC locations for each of them. The recommendation for Lightning is either all-Power or All-Mana dependent on player preference.
---
GT: geblobledee
http://www.youtube.com/user/MightyGeb