First time playing FFXIII-2, question about Requiem of the Goddess

#1KelvenJhidarPosted 12/28/2012 9:36:34 PM
So I recently got FFXIII-2, and decided to pick up the Requiem of the Goddess DLC since the idea of having Lightning in my party kicks ass.

ANYwho, from reading other threads on this board I knew I can do the DLC pretty much as soon as I reach the Historia Crux, and people have said having Lightning right from the start of the game is overpowered (which I don't mind).

However, when I go to pick the Requiem of the Goddess in the Crux, it pops up with "This DLC features FFXIII-2 spoilers. Completing the main game is recommended before playing."

So... my question is how big are the spoilers that this DLC will give away? I don't want to wait until I beat the game to be able to use Lightning, but I've been purposefully avoiding spoilers for this game until I had the time/money to pick it up, and I'd hate to have a DLC spoil everything for me now.
#2xhominidPosted 12/28/2012 9:50:07 PM
It's big endgame spoilers, it's imperative you finish the game first or else you'll have the big plot points swept right at you.
---
When you're Minato it means putting them both doggy style, putting seals on their asses and teleport-popping them like a beast. -NaughtyGhost
#3KelvenJhidar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 10:06:52 PM
Hmm, well that's kind of a bummer I guess... I don't know how much I'd be playing this game after I beat it...

Ok two more questions...

Does beating this DLC, then having Lightning in your party affect the main game in any way? Like, will I get different/additional scenes in the main game if I beat the DLC, or does it JUST give me Lightning as a party member for the main game, and all the new scenes are in the actual DLC?

Secondly, can I beat the DLC, and then skip through the cutscenes that play, aquire Lightning, and continue my main game, thus avoiding spoilers, and then after I beat the game, play the DLC again to watch THOSE scenes?
#4MajinKain0Posted 12/28/2012 11:22:54 PM
oes beating this DLC, then having Lightning in your party affect the main game in any way? Like, will I get different/additional scenes in the main game if I beat the DLC, or does it JUST give me Lightning as a party member for the main game, and all the new scenes are in the actual DLC?

No, all the scenes are in the actual DLC.

Secondly, can I beat the DLC, and then skip through the cutscenes that play, aquire Lightning, and continue my main game, thus avoiding spoilers, and then after I beat the game, play the DLC again to watch THOSE scenes?

Yes.
#5KelvenJhidar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 11:50:11 PM
Nice, thanks!
#6R u s hPosted 12/29/2012 4:41:20 PM
You can easily skip every scene in the ROTG DLC, no spoilers necessary!