First time playing FFXIII-2, question about Requiem of the Goddess

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. First time playing FFXIII-2, question about Requiem of the Goddess
3 years ago#1
So I recently got FFXIII-2, and decided to pick up the Requiem of the Goddess DLC since the idea of having Lightning in my party kicks ass.

ANYwho, from reading other threads on this board I knew I can do the DLC pretty much as soon as I reach the Historia Crux, and people have said having Lightning right from the start of the game is overpowered (which I don't mind).

However, when I go to pick the Requiem of the Goddess in the Crux, it pops up with "This DLC features FFXIII-2 spoilers. Completing the main game is recommended before playing."

So... my question is how big are the spoilers that this DLC will give away? I don't want to wait until I beat the game to be able to use Lightning, but I've been purposefully avoiding spoilers for this game until I had the time/money to pick it up, and I'd hate to have a DLC spoil everything for me now.
3 years ago#2
It's big endgame spoilers, it's imperative you finish the game first or else you'll have the big plot points swept right at you.
When you're Minato it means putting them both doggy style, putting seals on their asses and teleport-popping them like a beast. -NaughtyGhost
3 years ago#3
Hmm, well that's kind of a bummer I guess... I don't know how much I'd be playing this game after I beat it...

Ok two more questions...

Does beating this DLC, then having Lightning in your party affect the main game in any way? Like, will I get different/additional scenes in the main game if I beat the DLC, or does it JUST give me Lightning as a party member for the main game, and all the new scenes are in the actual DLC?

Secondly, can I beat the DLC, and then skip through the cutscenes that play, aquire Lightning, and continue my main game, thus avoiding spoilers, and then after I beat the game, play the DLC again to watch THOSE scenes?
3 years ago#4
oes beating this DLC, then having Lightning in your party affect the main game in any way? Like, will I get different/additional scenes in the main game if I beat the DLC, or does it JUST give me Lightning as a party member for the main game, and all the new scenes are in the actual DLC?

No, all the scenes are in the actual DLC.

Secondly, can I beat the DLC, and then skip through the cutscenes that play, aquire Lightning, and continue my main game, thus avoiding spoilers, and then after I beat the game, play the DLC again to watch THOSE scenes?

Yes.
3 years ago#5
Nice, thanks!
3 years ago#6
You can easily skip every scene in the ROTG DLC, no spoilers necessary!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. First time playing FFXIII-2, question about Requiem of the Goddess

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived