Is grinding necessary in this game?

#1LittlejefferyPosted 12/29/2012 8:24:32 AM
I'm the kind of person that wants the best weapons and equipment possible in an rpg game, but I don't want to have to spend hours mindlessly grinding for them. Also, I want to enjoy the story without having to worry about running into an overpowered boss or enemies and then have to spend hours level grinding. Basically, I want to play the game while doing as little grinding (no grinding if possible) as possible.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#2Drake_GodPosted 12/29/2012 9:47:31 AM
No grinding necessary.

At some point you have 2 choices of where to go next. If you go to sunlith waterscape, the enemies will be a bit too powerful, so go the other way and come back later.
Other than that, the game progresses fairly. So you wont need to grind.
Not even postgame like XIII. You can platinum the game without grinding. You'll just need to grind for a few days if you want to do the DLC. You end up with max lvl quite easy during normal play. Postgame you only need to grind to build monsters, and you only need to build monsters for the DLC.

There are several "best weapons" in the game. Different types of weapons, based on what you want them to do. You should be able to get any set without grinding. The weapons with the strongest stats are 1 free reward and the other is quite cheaply bought in store.
Not sure bought the best accesories though.
#3TrenchcoatFlashPosted 12/31/2012 5:00:06 AM
To win? No. Some bosses will be hard but doable, maybe a few restarts.

If you want good monster allies though, you have to farm materials to level up with, sadly.
---
Responding to me means you care about me <3
Level 1 Trolls killed: 27
#4Griever13roPosted 12/31/2012 6:37:52 AM
I think it depends. I had a lot of trouble with end bosses on easy. And it's not like I did just the story missions, I did more than that.
Also, until the end bosses I played on normal.
---
Griever
#5Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 1:04:42 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi