Second Caius? (spoilers)

#1SamcittPosted 12/31/2012 5:30:25 AM
I have a question. Why did the chaos of Valhalla pour into 500AF when there was another Caius in that time period with the heart of chaos? The Caius who died in Valhalla at the end was originally from 700AF so he had an earlier version of himself somewhere in 500AF along with a Yeul. Does anyone agree that as Etro would still live inside this younger version then she shouldn't of died? The battle against the younger Caius in 200AF proves that the younger versions are very much immortal too which means a fully functioning heart.

Does anyone have any ideas? Am I wrong or is it another Toriyamaism? Also if nobody dies from the chaos then can we assume that the 500AF Caius and Yeul have become part of Novus Partus too, completely alive and well for the third game?
#2lanifPosted 12/31/2012 11:09:21 AM
the caius that was killed is the original one the rest are fakes if your remember the story.

that why caius said the heart of chaos that was inside him was a link to etro and why chaos consumed 500 AF and lightning is the new goddess
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#3roxas9001Posted 12/31/2012 2:14:33 PM
The Caius we fight in 500AF is the same Caius from the intro & 700AF.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#4Samcitt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 4:02:43 PM
For some reason I knew I would get silly answers to this. Did either of you read the actual question?
#5roxas9001Posted 12/31/2012 5:06:55 PM
Samcitt posted...
For some reason I knew I would get silly answers to this. Did either of you read the actual question?

There's no "second Caius" to begin with
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#6mastergamer0001Posted 1/5/2013 12:23:18 AM
roxas9001 posted...
Samcitt posted...

There's no "second Caius" to begin with

Yeah, they were all the same Caius (except the one in Academia 400AF, who was a fake), just at different points in his life. He was born and became the Guardian long before either game starts, and in 700AF he travels through Etro's gate and starts messing with history. The final version that you fight is the one at the very end of the time line.

As for the reason why time ends despite a past version of the Heart of Chaos still existing? The way I see it, the Heart is like Valhalla; it exists only in the present, and not the past or future. When any version of the Heart is destroyed, they ALL are, despite when they are in a person's time line.

I could go on, but this should do.
---
No comment, and you can quote me on that! - Me