Woah, what the hell? Was that seriously the ending for this game?!? *Spoilers*

#1Milla_MaxwellPosted 12/31/2012 4:02:15 PM
That was the most depressing thing I've seen in a long while...

Caius is dead (I chose to show mercy to him, but whatever,) Serah is feeling fine and hasn't seen any visions, and the New Cocoon is raised and all is happy... Right?

Da Fuq? Serah suddenly sees the future change and dies, and because Caius is dead the Goddess dies too causing chaos to flow into the world, and to top it all off we see Lightning Turned to stone sitting on the Goddess' throne followed by a "To Be Continued" message, which basically told me that this was the real ending...

But seriously? I liked Serah, why'd they have to kill her ;_; not to mention that everything Serah and Noel did was for nothing.
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#2agesboyPosted 12/31/2012 5:17:43 PM
Just finished it the other night as well. I was laughing my ass off.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was some weird shenanigans going on in the next game that bring Serah back. The ending just struck me as building suspense for the sake of suspense so we'll buy the next one.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb6aqpl8jx1r3ifxzo1_500.gif
KrahenProphet and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.
#3ConfusedGamerPosted 12/31/2012 5:45:04 PM
I just finished recently myself. The Lightning DLC expands on the ending a bit. It's a definite setup for the next sequel, but yeah that ending was super depressing.
---
PSN: ruinandchaos85
#4E2I_GODPosted 1/1/2013 12:27:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#54EverMewPosted 1/1/2013 2:53:26 PM
I just finished and FINALLY beat the game. ( I took a long break from it in 2012) And i saw the same ending and i agree that is depressing. And i don't have Lightning's DLC, i couldn't afford it. But i saw the DLC on youtube instead.
---
PSN/GT TheUchihaKid - Team: xG0K3Nx
"You are one of the ones I want to fight the most." Sasuke Uchiha -_- - O_O - @.@
#6roxas9001Posted 1/1/2013 6:24:14 PM
Milla_Maxwell posted...

Caius is dead (I chose to show mercy to him, but whatever,) Serah is feeling fine and hasn't seen any visions, and the New Cocoon is raised and all is happy... Right?

Da Fuq? Serah suddenly sees the future change and dies, and because Caius is dead the Goddess dies too causing chaos to flow into the world, and to top it all off we see Lightning Turned to stone sitting on the Goddess' throne followed by a "To Be Continued" message, which basically told me that this was the real ending...

But seriously? I liked Serah, why'd they have to kill her ;_; not to mention that everything Serah and Noel did was for nothing.

Be sure to collect all the fragments for a "special" reward after the credits.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#7theOz69Posted 1/2/2013 8:51:14 AM
roxas9001 posted...
Milla_Maxwell posted...

Be sure to collect all the fragments for a "special" reward after the credits.

Yea the "TRUE" ending can only be gotten by getting all of the time fragments. For that I suggest a guide . . . or youtube if you don't care about trophies or doing it yourself.
---
You can't talk to a Psycho like a normal human being
Mothers are trails on stars in the night, Fathers are black holes that suck up the light.
#8MakoscientistPosted 1/2/2013 2:25:21 PM
I just finished the game myself yesterday after taking a long break, and I have to say it was even more dreadful than the FFX ending. Caius was suppose to only be killable by a Guardian, yet he killed himself with Noel's sword. If all it took was for another Guardian to hold the sword for him to be able to kill himself, why didn't he just stab himself while Noel was asleep? And if he is able to transport through time through Valhalla basically infinitely, why didn't he just go back in time to a former Guardian (the one that was SUPPOSE to have killed him before but the battle was interrupted by a monster) and died to one of them? Why did Serah only need to see like 10 visions to die, yet most Yeuls require hundreds, or maybe even thousands to die at age 15? Why was 500 AF the time that Noel and Serah chose to "live in"? Wouldn't it make sense to go back to 3 AF in New Bhodum to be with NORA? In 500 Maqui, Yuj, Gadot, and Lebreu are all dead. It seems stupid for her to completely abandon her students, her teammates, and her village just to go be with the "future" Hope. Sazh being in the ending with Dajh was also completely stupid. How did his son get thrown into 500 AF? No where were we told that Dajh was in Serendipity with Sazh, in fact in Fragments related to Sazh he says, "Don't worry Dajh, I'll come home after I get this jackpot!"

And don't even get me started on the fact they repeated that dumb scene with Yeul/Noel 5 times, they even repeated it IN The Dying World, even though we saw the damn cutscene literally FIVE MINUTES BEFOREHAND. It's like Yoriyama took all the worst movie mistakes and threw them into a final ending for a video game.
---
Gamertag: TouchMyBlowfish
Games: Black Ops II, Bayonetta, Skyrim, Dishonored, The Last Remnant
#9agesboyPosted 1/2/2013 4:02:01 PM(edited)
If all it took was for another Guardian to hold the sword for him to be able to kill himself, why didn't he just stab himself while Noel was asleep

He wanted Noel to be strong enough to kill him, not just to be killed. Noel gets strong enough to kill him and refuses to, so he impales himself on Noel's sword. Problem solved! It was still one of the dumbest things the game did, though.

I think the reasoning behind it had something to do with transferring the Heart of Chaos to the next guardian, but uh... Noel destroyed it... so I have no idea what the reasoning behind not impaling himself on someone else's sword sooner is, but there was some reasoning given somewhere, I think.

Why did Serah only need to see like 10 visions to die, yet most Yeuls require hundreds, or maybe even thousands to die at age 15?

She witnessed history changing massively (death of humanity -> almost everyone is saved; quite a big change), so she got overloaded with tons of visions that killed her. Yuel would have smaller visions since she didn't usually go around changing history herself (and when she did, like in Augusta Tower iirc, she died). Even if she hadn't had any visions before that, the shock of that one gigantic vision probably still would have killed her. Maybe. I'm not sure how you quantify 'death by visions', but I would think making huge changes to the timeline would kill you faster than small changes.

Why was 500 AF the time that Noel and Serah chose to "live in"? Wouldn't it make sense to go back to 3 AF in New Bhodum to be with NORA? In 500 Maqui, Yuj, Gadot, and Lebreu are all dead. It seems stupid for her to completely abandon her students, her teammates, and her village just to go be with the "future" Hope.

Probably because she worked to achieve peace up until 500AF, and wanted to protect the peace in that time even after she lost her time travel shenanigans. She didn't know what was waiting for humanity after 500AF, so from a 'HURR I'M A HERO' point of view, it makes sense. When she set out at the beginning of her journey, she left with the knowledge she might never come back, so she was already prepared to leave.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb6aqpl8jx1r3ifxzo1_500.gif
KrahenProphet and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.
#10MakoscientistPosted 1/2/2013 4:26:16 PM
No, Caius was constantly changing the timeline. In fact, Caius CAUSED the destruction of humanity. That alone should have caused every past Yeul to ever exist to die immediately. But they didn't. We found one in Oerba 200, we found one in Academia, etc.

It just feels like Toriyama took lessons from M. Night Shyamalan and decided to use plot twists for the sake of having plot twists. I understand they are trying to tell a story, but did they even read the story back to themselves and realize all the ridiculous plotholes in the story? Like the fact that sometimes Noel describes Lightning as if he has known her for years, yet in other places he asks Serah "what would Lightning do in this situation?" Each time you open a new gate, it seems like the characters forget the storyline that has transpired in the previous gates.
---
Gamertag: TouchMyBlowfish
Games: Black Ops II, Bayonetta, Skyrim, Dishonored, The Last Remnant