Woah, what the hell? Was that seriously the ending for this game?!? *Spoilers*

#11agesboyPosted 1/2/2013 5:37:44 PM
Maybe the Yeuls were only sensitive to changes made during their own life and not to every timeline shift that ever happened. And Serah was special because she existed in multiple points of history due to her time travelling. Or maybe since there were multiple Yeuls, they all shared the timeline-death-stuff between them.

Which would still lead to at least shortening the average lifespan of a Yeul. Caius is dumb. Nihilist villains in general don't care about anything except for the result, though.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb6aqpl8jx1r3ifxzo1_500.gif
KrahenProphet and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.
#12foo1239Posted 1/3/2013 12:08:28 PM
I thought FFX's ending was beautiful. It had multiple layers, there was tragedy, but coupled with that was happiness. Bittersweet endings done right can be really touching. This ending however was only tragedy, Serah dies, the goddess dies, the world falls to chaos, lightning is a crystal for some reason, The villain wins. Thats what happens, the villain wins. The entire theme of the game is changing the future to be a safe, happy place, but then, because of you, time collapses and the world falls to chaos.

When I was playing here is what I thought would happen, keep in mind that I knew the game was sequel fodder, but I didn't know what happened at the end.

I thought they would save the world from Caius' evil, but Serah would die from the visions of the future. Lightning would be released from Etro, and the next game would be her journey to try and bring Serah back. I would have vastly preferred this, but no, we get trash. A shame too, because I really liked this game.
#13agesboyPosted 1/3/2013 8:06:59 PM
So the fact that it didn't go how it thought you would makes the game's ending trash? <_<

That ending would have been just as stupid as the one we got, except nobody would care about the sequel because there's relatively little tension. 'Hold back the dark cataclysm' sounds a hell of a lot more interesting than 'find a way to bring someone back from the dead'.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb6aqpl8jx1r3ifxzo1_500.gif
KrahenProphet and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.
#14Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/3/2013 10:55:23 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with a "bad" ending, but not for a 30+ hour fantasy epic. IMO they should end with a bittersweet ending (FF13) at the worst. To end the game without really ANY good news is lame.

Though I'm hoping this is just the proverbial sad bad 2nd act you usually see (Empire Strikes Back and what Bioware failed to do in ME2)...and the good stuff awaits in the finale next time.
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#15omagioPosted 1/5/2013 4:49:28 AM
lol when you make a game about time travel and worm holes you get a messed up game hahaha. . . but seriously i was -_- at the ending i most likely will buy the next one if and when they make it if not ill borrow it from my brother rofl he likes these newer final fantasies i prefer the olders ones like 1-8 but meh
---
you know i hate farming -_-
PSN: omagio
#16HybridMikePosted 1/5/2013 11:51:47 PM
Makoscientist posted...
It just feels like Toriyama took lessons from M. Night Shyamalan and decided to use plot twists for the sake of having plot twists.

And what plot twist would that be? Serah dying? Because that definitely wasn't a plot twist, they keep repeating it for like 5 hours that if she changed the timeline, she would die.

I do agree with the messiness - it's what happens when you do a time travel game but don't carefully go through each step; however, I still think this story has less mess than XIII.
---
PSN:M1K3Y-88 / MikeyAndTheCity | Live: M1K3Y88
#17Zeonsilt10Posted 1/6/2013 12:51:51 AM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
That was the most depressing thing I've seen in a long while...

Caius is dead (I chose to show mercy to him, but whatever,) Serah is feeling fine and hasn't seen any visions, and the New Cocoon is raised and all is happy... Right?

Da Fuq? Serah suddenly sees the future change and dies, and because Caius is dead the Goddess dies too causing chaos to flow into the world, and to top it all off we see Lightning Turned to stone sitting on the Goddess' throne followed by a "To Be Continued" message, which basically told me that this was the real ending...

But seriously? I liked Serah, why'd they have to kill her ;_; not to mention that everything Serah and Noel did was for nothing.

That's basically how I felt, too... after the ending, most of my journey felt rather pointless
#18LoveFreakFlonnePosted 1/6/2013 3:58:34 AM
agesboy posted...
Maybe the Yeuls were only sensitive to changes made during their own life and not to every timeline shift that ever happened. And Serah was special because she existed in multiple points of history due to her time travelling. Or maybe since there were multiple Yeuls, they all shared the timeline-death-stuff between them.

Which would still lead to at least shortening the average lifespan of a Yeul. Caius is dumb. Nihilist villains in general don't care about anything except for the result, though.

I was going to say, the Yeuls probably only saw a certain amount of time frames worth of visions/ let alone ones that changed the entire time line

Sarah on the other hand had over 1000 or however many years worth of visions flow through her at once.
---
I'm just a dirty little pop song, that keeps running through your brain. And even though you know its so wrong you're gonna love going insane.
#19foo1239Posted 1/7/2013 11:53:49 AM
Thats not what I meant, I would have accepted other endings, but it didn't strike a good note with me. That post was like 5 seconds after I beat the game too, so it was a little more extreme than it should have been
#20ILOVEKMHPosted 1/7/2013 9:21:30 PM
Do you have to download something in order for the expanded ending? I know that you have to get all fragments to get a special ending but is there another that we have to download?
---
"Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life." -Auron