Woah, what the hell? Was that seriously the ending for this game?!? *Spoilers*

#21levelmaster2Posted 1/8/2013 1:46:13 PM
I was wondering myself why people hated the ending. While I was shouting for joy that Sahz made an appearance right the end, but the ending itself I have mixed feelings for. I love and hate the ending. Wondering if the secret ending is any better. Please don't spoil the secret ending.
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#22lightdragoon88Posted 1/8/2013 6:19:38 PM
agesboy posted...
If all it took was for another Guardian to hold the sword for him to be able to kill himself, why didn't he just stab himself while Noel was asleep

He wanted Noel to be strong enough to kill him, not just to be killed. Noel gets strong enough to kill him and refuses to, so he impales himself on Noel's sword. Problem solved! It was still one of the dumbest things the game did, though.

I think the reasoning behind it had something to do with transferring the Heart of Chaos to the next guardian, but uh... Noel destroyed it... so I have no idea what the reasoning behind not impaling himself on someone else's sword sooner is, but there was some reasoning given somewhere, I think.

Once again I have to explain this.

When one who has the heart of chaos is killed by the hand of another guardian, the heart is transfer to the new one. BUT if the new guardian will is strong enough, it can be rejected and destroyed.

Caius spends the whole game building up Noel will to reject the heart. When Noel pass the final test of not killing him at the end of the game, he knew Noel will was strong enough and impales himself on Noel sword. It still counts as dieing at the hand of another guardian (loophole) and his plan of killing Etro is a success.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#23Prism WeaponPosted 1/8/2013 10:03:56 PM
Yeah that's then ending ~_~
#24xnoelzPosted 1/13/2013 9:10:58 PM
Felt cheated tbh. I thought everyone's gonna be happy aaand then serah died
---
PSN: NJNDiA
#25Dante9985Posted 1/13/2013 9:30:12 PM
Why does Lightning sleep anyway? is she resting? why wont she go and fight?
---
Things needed to survive a zombie Apocalypse:skill, weapons, food, drinks, First aid, and other survivors PSN: Dante9985
#26Tenkaichi3_KingPosted 1/13/2013 11:16:59 PM
lol mako you think way too hard, but you do have a point there are some things in this game that just don't make much sense. It's like you're expected to invent a logical solution for it to all piece together.
#27RagnoraokPosted 1/14/2013 2:07:53 PM
I just finished the game about 2 hours ago. needless to say, I was a huge fan of FF13, but I fully agree with all of the hate on 13-2. the story was really bad. Noel and serah had absolutely no personality, and their character developments were static. On top of that, they acted like fools repeating obvious facts OVER AND OVER. WHY THE HELL WAS NOEL SURPRISED THAT SERAH AND ETRO DIED? CAIUS FORETOLD THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Really really bad story.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....choose wisely.
#28levelmaster2Posted 1/14/2013 4:43:15 PM
After watching the ending for the required second time, I started to like the ending.
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#29samijubalPosted 1/14/2013 5:02:36 PM
I don't have the problem with the ending everyone else seems to. Serah knew what was going to happen and still chose to save the world. Caius was going to bring chaos and destroy all the worlds so she probably would have died anyway. The beauty of the whole timeline changing is they can do anything they want in the next episode. If they want to bring Serah back they will, if not she chose her fate.
#30ExtremeLightPosted 1/14/2013 5:11:41 PM
Caius is dead...? No seriously.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!