Woah, what the hell? Was that seriously the ending for this game?!? *Spoilers*

#31RagnoraokPosted 1/14/2013 6:05:22 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Caius is dead...? No seriously.

who knows. the secret ending suggest otherwise.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....choose wisely.
#32RagnoraokPosted 1/14/2013 6:14:36 PM
samijubal posted...
I don't have the problem with the ending everyone else seems to. Serah knew what was going to happen and still chose to save the world. Caius was going to bring chaos and destroy all the worlds so she probably would have died anyway. The beauty of the whole timeline changing is they can do anything they want in the next episode. If they want to bring Serah back they will, if not she chose her fate.

you say beauty, and I say nonsense. It is a really dangerous thing to continue to retcon events over and over again. Kingdomhearts' story has become a joke for this very reality.

The writers of FF13 basically lost all credibility by the end of 13-2, because Caius is not dead even though he supposedly killed himself and was at peace, Lightning apparently bailed out on Noel and Serah to pursue her own way to save the world, and with the loosely constructed timeline explanation, basically anything can happen even when it makes no sense. It is so funny, because she was the one who set this whole thing into motion, and then she just abandoned them at the end.

By the end of 13-2, it is really bittersweet to find out that the real BIG uber twist....was that nothing you did mattered; either way you fail, making all of the events in 13-2 utterly pointless.All of your travels and solving out the paradoxes meant nothing because the end of the world STILL occurred in the exact same fashion if the events never took place. Hell, it would have even been better if they never messed around with time.

I really enjoyed 13, but 13-2 ruined the serious badly. Such a damn shame....
---
#33Yaboy125Posted 1/14/2013 8:43:10 PM
Ragnoraok posted...

The writers of FF13 basically lost all credibility.

hahahahahaha writers of ff13 HAVING credibility HAHAHAHHAHAHA

MOMS ARE TOUGH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

btw made my way to this board cause i got a coupon for $20 off this POS shovelware title, and I can STILL get it cheaper on ebay! because NO ONE WANTS IT!

Man I miss good final fantasy's / being naive enough to think there were good final fantasy's (starting to think this is the case, need to replay old ones)
---
Gamefaqs mods have robbed me of my first ammendment rights.
#34dudersaurusPosted 1/14/2013 8:52:42 PM
Even though I partly have myself to blame for not doing my homework, I felt almost as ripped off as I did at the "end" of the hobbit movie. Seriously - a trilogy?
---
Roll to see if I'm getting drunk!
#35roxas9001Posted 1/14/2013 9:50:23 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
It is a really dangerous thing to continue to retcon events over and over again. Kingdomhearts' story has become a joke for this very reality.

Name these retcons.

The writers of FF13 basically lost all credibility by the end of 13-2, because Caius is not dead even though he supposedly killed himself and was at peace, Lightning apparently bailed out on Noel and Serah to pursue her own way to save the world, and with the loosely constructed timeline explanation, basically anything can happen even when it makes no sense. It is so funny, because she was the one who set this whole thing into motion, and then she just abandoned them at the end.

When did it say Caius was at peace? Serah & Noel believed that. How did she abandon them?

By the end of 13-2, it is really bittersweet to find out that the real BIG uber twist....was that nothing you did mattered; either way you fail, making all of the events in 13-2 utterly pointless.All of your travels and solving out the paradoxes meant nothing because the end of the world STILL occurred in the exact same fashion if the events never took place. Hell, it would have even been better if they never messed around with time.

Original Time= millions of people died when Cocoon fell.
Changed Time= millions of people were saved when Cocoon fell.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#36RagnoraokPosted 1/16/2013 1:02:53 PM
@roxas9001

The way that the time travel is established now, the writers can literally rewrite events that occurred and blame it on the multiple timeline clause. Hell, they retconned the ending of FF 13 and tried to make it seem like it never happened. The dlc ending of 13-2 retconned the official ending of the game, for reason I will explain below.

In regards to Kingdomhearts....the revelation that nobodies could gain hearts and that Xehanort(the apprentice) lost all of his memories. It was stated previously, rather adamantly that nobodies were shells who lacked hearts, and could not gain their own, hence why they are searching for their own. For 3 games we watch them fervently trying to gain their hearts, with this knowledge constantly being reiterated. However, the ending of KH DDD retcons this by simply saying it was a lie. -_- No, it was a retcon to tie together all of the games. Xehanort gaining his memories is also a retcon, because it was stated numerous times in KH 1, KH2, and the ending of KH BBS, that he lost his memories. However, the ending of KH BBS retcons this by alluding that all along he had his memories, and that somehow he had a collective conscious with ALL of his forms to achieve the opening of KH at different fronts. Yeah, apparently 5 games were full of bull......horrible writing.

LOL, Caius WAS at peace. When he died he said something to the extent that both of their curses were through, and that Noel was correct when he said that Yeul lived through him. Hell, it was even alluded that Caius killed himself, because Yeul wanted to constantly be reborn in order to be with Caius. Thus, by killing himself, Yeul would no longer have a reason to come back. Yeah, that smile at the end coupled with his new resolve puts him at peace. Yet, the dlc and secret ending suggest that all along Caius had ulterior motives, yet his death showed otherwise

Lightning abandoned them. She told Noel and Serah to fight in the seen realm, while she fought Caius in Valhalla, and that they would meet to finish him. She even said that she will meet again with Serah when it was all over. However, when they get to Valhalla, she only appeared to save them, then left them all alone to fight Caius. It was even stated that Lightning left them in order to pursue the TRUE way to stop Caius, after apparently learning his true mission. She sent them on this mission, only to determine that it was pointless, and to leave them alone? Horrible logic.

Original timeline=thousands of HUMANS die because of fall of Cocoon
Changed Timeline= chaos flows through ALL the timelines and threatens to destroy EVERYTHING that ever was, is, or will be......... yeah, it was better. -_-

At the end of the game you feel as if you did absolutely nothing, because you played into the hands of the bag guy anyways, in order to help them accomplish Caius' goal. Hell, the secret ending reveals that Etro was ALREADY was dead, and even alluded to Yeul conspiring with Caius. Serah died, the bad guy gets what he wants, everything is about to be destroyed, etc. Playing was an utter waste and a slap in the face to the gamer, because literally NOTHING was achieved, instead you end up worse off.
---
#37roxas9001Posted 1/16/2013 3:21:06 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
@roxas9001

The way that the time travel is established now, the writers can literally rewrite events that occurred and blame it on the multiple timeline clause. Hell, they retconned the ending of FF 13 and tried to make it seem like it never happened. The dlc ending of 13-2 retconned the official ending of the game, for reason I will explain below.

How?

In regards to Kingdomhearts....the revelation that nobodies could gain hearts and that Xehanort(the apprentice) lost all of his memories. It was stated previously, rather adamantly that nobodies were shells who lacked hearts, and could not gain their own, hence why they are searching for their own. For 3 games we watch them fervently trying to gain their hearts, with this knowledge constantly being reiterated. However, the ending of KH DDD retcons this by simply saying it was a lie. -_- No, it was a retcon to tie together all of the games. Xehanort gaining his memories is also a retcon, because it was stated numerous times in KH 1, KH2, and the ending of KH BBS, that he lost his memories. However, the ending of KH BBS retcons this by alluding that all along he had his memories, and that somehow he had a collective conscious with ALL of his forms to achieve the opening of KH at different fronts. Yeah, apparently 5 games were full of bull......horrible writing.

I agree about KH, I stopped playing after they kept pumping out side titles.

LOL, Caius WAS at peace. When he died he said something to the extent that both of their curses were through, and that Noel was correct when he said that Yeul lived through him. Hell, it was even alluded that Caius killed himself, because Yeul wanted to constantly be reborn in order to be with Caius. Thus, by killing himself, Yeul would no longer have a reason to come back. Yeah, that smile at the end coupled with his new resolve puts him at peace. Yet, the dlc and secret ending suggest that all along Caius had ulterior motives, yet his death showed otherwise

The DLC doesn't suggest anything.

Lightning abandoned them. She told Noel and Serah to fight in the seen realm, while she fought Caius in Valhalla, and that they would meet to finish him. She even said that she will meet again with Serah when it was all over. However, when they get to Valhalla, she only appeared to save them, then left them all alone to fight Caius. It was even stated that Lightning left them in order to pursue the TRUE way to stop Caius, after apparently learning his true mission. She sent them on this mission, only to determine that it was pointless, and to leave them alone? Horrible logic.

1. She didn't say that.

Original timeline=thousands of HUMANS die because of fall of Cocoon
Changed Timeline= chaos flows through ALL the timelines and threatens to destroy EVERYTHING that ever was, is, or will be......... yeah, it was better. -_-

At the end of the game you feel as if you did absolutely nothing, because you played into the hands of the bag guy anyways, in order to help them accomplish Caius' goal. Hell, the secret ending reveals that Etro was ALREADY was dead, and even alluded to Yeul conspiring with Caius. Serah died, the bad guy gets what he wants, everything is about to be destroyed, etc. Playing was an utter waste and a slap in the face to the gamer, because literally NOTHING was achieved, instead you end up worse off.

You postpone humanities death.
---
#38RagnoraokPosted 1/16/2013 5:08:26 PM
@roxas9001

I agree. The sucky part is that I absolutely loved KH before any of the side games, but now, I am forced to accept that the series has grown into nonsense.

It was the ending that titled "The Goddess is Dead," which was either the secret ending or dlc ending. either way, the revelation was before Caius fought any of them, and he is sitting on the Goddess' throne talking to Yeul, although you could not see her. He said that the Goddess was ALREADY dead before he killed himself. That makes 90% of the story and game useless, because the WHOLE purpose was to prevent the death of the goddess, yet Caius says she was long dead already.

Lightning did say that her and Serah would meet again. It was at the part after Alyssa gave you the booby-trapped artefact. It was at New Bodum 700AF, when Noel and Serah met Lightning, and they discussed what Caius true plan was. They BOTH said that they would meet again.

You postpone deaths.....but condemn EVERYTHING that ever was, is, or will be. Yeah, that is much better.....

Actually, I am still trying to wrap my mind around the utter nonsense of the story. The ending literally made the entire play-though useless. Lightning realizes that she, Noel, and Serah were playing right into Caius' plan, and abandons them to go into a crystallized state to find a way to save everyone.
---
#39roxas9001Posted 1/16/2013 6:40:01 PM
I agree. The sucky part is that I absolutely loved KH before any of the side games, but now, I am forced to accept that the series has grown into nonsense.

I can't believe people actually defend the crap that the series has turned into.

It was the ending that titled "The Goddess is Dead," which was either the secret ending or dlc ending. either way, the revelation was before Caius fought any of them, and he is sitting on the Goddess' throne talking to Yeul, although you could not see her. He said that the Goddess was ALREADY dead before he killed himself. That makes 90% of the story and game useless, because the WHOLE purpose was to prevent the death of the goddess, yet Caius says she was long dead already.

1. It was the secret ending.

Lightning did say that her and Serah would meet again. It was at the part after Alyssa gave you the booby-trapped artefact. It was at New Bodum 700AF, when Noel and Serah met Lightning, and they discussed what Caius true plan was. They BOTH said that they would meet again.

They said

Serah: "We'll be able to be together again, right? When all this is over?
Light: "One thing at a time, Serah."

Actually, I am still trying to wrap my mind around the utter nonsense of the story. The ending literally made the entire play-though useless. Lightning realizes that she, Noel, and Serah were playing right into Caius' plan, and abandons them to go into a crystallized state to find a way to save everyone.

She couldn't remain outside of Valhalla, so what could she have done?
---
#40921soraPosted 1/16/2013 6:57:35 PM
Get all the fragments, turns out someone lived if you watch the FINAL FINAL Scene
---
Seriously... all of these flames are amusing that it's fun to be trolled nowadays, FLAME MORE EVERYONE! THEY ARE FUN! Official Laguna's Ragnarok Cannon of TGAE!