Woah, what the hell? Was that seriously the ending for this game?!? *Spoilers*

#41RagnoraokPosted 1/16/2013 8:13:08 PM(edited)
roxas9001 posted...
I agree. The sucky part is that I absolutely loved KH before any of the side games, but now, I am forced to accept that the series has grown into nonsense.

I can't believe people actually defend the crap that the series has turned into.

It was the ending that titled "The Goddess is Dead," which was either the secret ending or dlc ending. either way, the revelation was before Caius fought any of them, and he is sitting on the Goddess' throne talking to Yeul, although you could not see her. He said that the Goddess was ALREADY dead before he killed himself. That makes 90% of the story and game useless, because the WHOLE purpose was to prevent the death of the goddess, yet Caius says she was long dead already.

1. It was the secret ending.

Lightning did say that her and Serah would meet again. It was at the part after Alyssa gave you the booby-trapped artefact. It was at New Bodum 700AF, when Noel and Serah met Lightning, and they discussed what Caius true plan was. They BOTH said that they would meet again.

They said

Serah: "We'll be able to be together again, right? When all this is over?
Light: "One thing at a time, Serah."

Actually, I am still trying to wrap my mind around the utter nonsense of the story. The ending literally made the entire play-though useless. Lightning realizes that she, Noel, and Serah were playing right into Caius' plan, and abandons them to go into a crystallized state to find a way to save everyone.

She couldn't remain outside of Valhalla, so what could she have done?

I know, it is sad. I loved that series so much, but I refuse to be a fanboy and completely ignore that crap that KH has turned into. The only ppl defending it are confirmed fanboys who were known to defend EVERY NONSENSE Nomura introduced into KH. The series turned into a joke following KH 2, filled with lazy uninspiring writing, side games milking the series, and horrible;e retcons making nearly half of the established canon lies or unnecessary misinformation. Oh well, after KH3, I am done. The gameplay in that game is sure to be earth-shattering!!!

Sure, that is what Lightning said, but with the dlc ending, it reveals that Lightning DID expect to see her sister again. when Serah died, she cried and felt guilt because she sent her on the mission that took her life.

So apparently, near the end Lightning realized that all of her efforts to stop Caius by combining the efforts of her sister and herself, was pointless. The ENTIRE play-through loses EVERY SINGLE meaning, because the only purpose for playing turns out to be ineffective. I understand that there is a reason why Lightning did not join in the fight against Caius, and even that they played right into the hands of Caius, but by doing so, the game made the play-through of 13-2 pointless and almost as a mistake that needs to be rectified in the next game.

My question is this: After 50+ hours of playing.....what was the point of anything we did?
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....choose wisely.
#42roxas9001Posted 1/16/2013 8:57:55 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
roxas9001 posted...
I agree. The sucky part is that I absolutely loved KH before any of the side games, but now, I am forced to accept that the series has grown into nonsense.

I can't believe people actually defend the crap that the series has turned into.

It was the ending that titled "The Goddess is Dead," which was either the secret ending or dlc ending. either way, the revelation was before Caius fought any of them, and he is sitting on the Goddess' throne talking to Yeul, although you could not see her. He said that the Goddess was ALREADY dead before he killed himself. That makes 90% of the story and game useless, because the WHOLE purpose was to prevent the death of the goddess, yet Caius says she was long dead already.

Lightning did say that her and Serah would meet again. It was at the part after Alyssa gave you the booby-trapped artefact. It was at New Bodum 700AF, when Noel and Serah met Lightning, and they discussed what Caius true plan was. They BOTH said that they would meet again.

They said

Actually, I am still trying to wrap my mind around the utter nonsense of the story. The ending literally made the entire play-though useless. Lightning realizes that she, Noel, and Serah were playing right into Caius' plan, and abandons them to go into a crystallized state to find a way to save everyone.

I know, it is sad. I loved that series so much, but I refuse to be a fanboy and completely ignore that crap that KH has turned into. The only ppl defending it are confirmed fanboys who were known to defend EVERY NONSENSE Nomura introduced into KH. The series turned into a joke following KH 2, filled with lazy uninspiring writing, side games milking the series, and horrible;e retcons making nearly half of the established canon lies or unnecessary misinformation. Oh well, after KH3, I am done. The gameplay in that game is sure to be earth-shattering!!!

Sure, that is what Lightning said, but with the dlc ending, it reveals that Lightning DID expect to see her sister again. when Serah died, she cried and felt guilt because she sent her on the mission that took her life.

So apparently, near the end Lightning realized that all of her efforts to stop Caius by combining the efforts of her sister and herself, was pointless. The ENTIRE play-through loses EVERY SINGLE meaning, because the only purpose for playing turns out to be ineffective. I understand that there is a reason why Lightning did not join in the fight against Caius, and even that they played right into the hands of Caius, but by doing so, the game made the play-through of 13-2 pointless and almost as a mistake that needs to be rectified in the next game.

My question is this: After 50+ hours of playing.....what was the point of anything we did?

The point was to make Caius into a trolly badass. Seriously maybe it was their way(SE) of expanding on Mythology.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#43RagnoraokPosted 1/16/2013 8:59:45 PM
roxas9001 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
roxas9001 posted...

They said

The point was to make Caius into a trolly badass. Seriously maybe it was their way(SE) of expanding on Mythology.

Thank you, you proved my point. There is no logical explanation. It was an utter waste storywise other than to provide an excuse for FF:LR.
---
#44foo1239Posted 1/17/2013 2:34:39 AM
The only people who defend KH are "confirmed fanboys"? Who confirms them?
#45RagnoraokPosted 1/17/2013 2:17:17 PM
foo1239 posted...
The only people who defend KH are "confirmed fanboys"? Who confirms them?

themselves, as well as years upon years of defending every asinine choice put into the series.
---