Wow can someone help??? Cactar advise

#1DregnautPosted 1/8/2013 4:26:21 PM
Ive been trying to get him for days. Ive already got flowering cactar but i want regular cactar for his ability for my chocobo.

Ive been using my monster ability to up my chances of obtaining cactar as mine but is there any other ways to up that chance? Ive been at it for DAYS and I do run into him a every so many battles but grrrrr i jus cant seem to tame one!!!!!!!!
---
^ + R2 = Epic Kill / ^ + R1 = "This IS SPARTA!"
#2VeraxulousPosted 1/8/2013 5:38:44 PM
The higher the feral link % goes to, the higher your odds of getting the crystal are. Use a Twilight Odin. Zantetsuken gets to crazy % numbers.
#3tiornysPosted 1/8/2013 6:24:24 PM
The amount a feral link contributes is capped at 300%; Zantetsuken's high sync offers no particular advantage (although its high damage is an asset).

Find the highest damage FL that you can consistently sync at 300% or more, and set up a paradigm with that monster where neither Serah nor Noel will deal damage. That way you can guarantee that the FL is dealing the finishing blow. Past that, unless the monster shows up in a group, you're just hoping to get lucky.

t~
#4Dregnaut(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 11:09:20 PM
tiornys posted...
The amount a feral link contributes is capped at 300%; Zantetsuken's high sync offers no particular advantage (although its high damage is an asset).

Find the highest damage FL that you can consistently sync at 300% or more, and set up a paradigm with that monster where neither Serah nor Noel will deal damage. That way you can guarantee that the FL is dealing the finishing blow. Past that, unless the monster shows up in a group, you're just hoping to get lucky.

t~

Oh wait i thought u just had to use the feral link during the battle i didnt kno it had to b the finishing blow :(.

i dont have odin yet...... ill figure a monster thats a comando first lvl the s*** out him if he got a good dmg feral link blow i guess.
---
#5Dregnaut(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:34:50 PM
Bump for the sake of knowledge lol
---
#6achilleszeroPosted 1/9/2013 6:29:26 PM
Hmm....Cactuar is one of the easiest monsters to catch (33% base chance). You should double check your monster list if you've been at it as long as you say.