As a long time FF fan, I'm getting bored with the series.

#1DeGamer81Posted 1/12/2013 4:24:52 PM
Ever since FF 12 the series has been pretty stale, but I stuck it out in hopes it would get better. FF13 comes along, and I was let down one more time. I tried to give it another chance with this one and it just isn't happening. The story isn't making any sense, typical emo characters, p*** easy combat, blah, blah, you get the drift. I'm gonna see this through to the end just for the sake of what's left of this confusing story, but after this I'm done with the series. After 3 big disappointments, Final Fantasy has lost it's appeal for me.
#2Cammy_7Posted 1/12/2013 5:16:33 PM
Just wait until versus 13 comes. It will save us all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YBAryUX8K4
#3ExtremeLightPosted 1/12/2013 8:24:40 PM
DeGamer81 posted...
Ever since FF 12 the series has been pretty stale, but I stuck it out in hopes it would get better. FF13 comes along, and I was let down one more time. I tried to give it another chance with this one and it just isn't happening. The story isn't making any sense, typical emo characters, p*** easy combat, blah, blah, you get the drift. I'm gonna see this through to the end just for the sake of what's left of this confusing story, but after this I'm done with the series. After 3 big disappointments, Final Fantasy has lost it's appeal for me.

Another case of there was two bad games, I'm done, Bye! When this truth is when you hear how good the next FF is you'll be back like a rat.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#4CrysianiaPosted 1/13/2013 7:50:36 AM
Cammy_7 posted...

blind hope is better than no hope i guess.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#5kilaudePosted 1/13/2013 1:04:45 PM
Cammy_7 posted...
#6Dinah7Posted 1/13/2013 3:35:51 PM
CORRECTION one stale game FFXIII
#7godslayer88Posted 1/16/2013 12:56:33 PM
I feel the same way as TC. From FF12 onwards it just seems to me they drop the whole idea of "having fun" for pretty visuals. I did like FF12 for a while, but looking at it closer, there's just no depth in character development. All skills and weapons are bought and you need to buy a license for it as well. This feels like they just didn't make any effort to make it interesting. Also the introduction of A.I. characters there (gambits) had me worried, when I buy a game I intend to play it, not watch it. I felt like it was developed by a different developer or something, just didn't feel right.
Then I saw the same with FF13, again, lots of A.I., with added extreme linearity and corridor grinding. I remember checking the box 25 times to make sure it really said "Final Fantasy". It's nice that they try to mix things up between FF's and I appreciate the idea, but it's like they found out about a new toy (gambits/paradigms) and get so over-enthousiastic about it that they totally neglect the rest. That's the impression I got at least.

FF13-2 is doing a lot better I think. Since you can swap leaders at any given time you still feel less influenced by A.I.
Still, I skipped all the cutscenes because they still bore me to death, but then again, I'm not much for stories to begin with. So I finished this game, but I have to admit I didn't enjoy it that much, but still, I am so honest as to say this is definately a step in the right direction.
---
I'm still waiting for a developer to put someone like Ryu Hayabusa in the world of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion/Skyrim.
#8Cammy_7Posted 1/16/2013 1:07:16 PM
godslayer88 posted...
I feel the same way as TC. From FF12 onwards it just seems to me they drop the whole idea of "having fun" for pretty visuals. I did like FF12 for a while, but looking at it closer, there's just no depth in character development. All skills and weapons are bought and you need to buy a license for it as well. This feels like they just didn't make any effort to make it interesting. Also the introduction of A.I. characters there (gambits) had me worried, when I buy a game I intend to play it, not watch it. I felt like it was developed by a different developer or something, just didn't feel right.
Then I saw the same with FF13, again, lots of A.I., with added extreme linearity and corridor grinding. I remember checking the box 25 times to make sure it really said "Final Fantasy". It's nice that they try to mix things up between FF's and I appreciate the idea, but it's like they found out about a new toy (gambits/paradigms) and get so over-enthousiastic about it that they totally neglect the rest. That's the impression I got at least.

FF13-2 is doing a lot better I think. Since you can swap leaders at any given time you still feel less influenced by A.I.
Still, I skipped all the cutscenes because they still bore me to death, but then again, I'm not much for stories to begin with. So I finished this game, but I have to admit I didn't enjoy it that much, but still, I am so honest as to say this is definately a step in the right direction.

I definitely see where you are coming from. I played 12 as well. And I just feel for that it was a problem with development. If it werent for yasumi matsunos breakdown it would have been much better. Although my reason for liking it was because of matsunos involvement despite how long it would have been in that game.

As far as 13 I agree with you that it didnt show its full potential. But they did fix things with 13-2 and although the story was not the strongest aspect of it. I enjoyed it, as well as the fighting in it. It was really fun. So im hoping with lightning returns being the last one I really hope they pull out all the stops.

And im very anxious for versus 13 im sure its going to blow everything out of the water.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YBAryUX8K4
#9Lelouch71Posted 1/16/2013 10:47:18 PM
Typical emo characters? I really hate it when people misuse the word emo.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#10Destroyer_MagePosted 1/17/2013 12:01:48 AM
Wubwubwubwub
---
Because I could not stop for death,it kindly stopped for me.
Currently playing Sleeping Dogs.Sleeping Dogs is a true gem and more people should play it :)