Last Final Fantasy I played and liked was FF10

#1MegaMettaurPosted 1/13/2013 10:41:30 PM
Will I like this one? or the first FF13? for more reference, my favorite final fantasies are 1, 3, and 9.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#2tiornysPosted 1/13/2013 10:56:37 PM
By 3 do you mean Japanese 3, or American 3 (Japanese 6)?

I think there's a decent chance you would enjoy 13 and 13-2, yes. It's hard to say for sure, of course, since different people like various FF games for different reasons. Keep in mind that 13 takes a while to open up, and is easily the most linear of the FF games, and give it a shot.

t~
#3Tenkaichi3_KingPosted 1/13/2013 11:06:17 PM
everyone has there own preferences. My favorite FF's are 7, 9 and this one.
I recommend it personally, it wasn't easy yet it wasn't too hard, the graphics and soundtrack was great, story is epic imo. At least 70 hours of gameplay if you want to do everything. However. it did take a couple weeks to grow on me.
I didn't like 13 as much as 13-2 because the dialogue and cutscenes were yawn worthy at times, still a good game though.
#4ExternicaPosted 1/14/2013 6:56:47 AM
FF13 feels a lot like FFX.
The crystarium is a watered down version of the sphere grid. Watered down, because you don't need spheres to activate the stat bonus and every character has his/her own crystarium.
Meaning: In the end, everyone has different skills and stats. Hope will be your best mage, Fang your best physical attacker and Snow has the highest amount of HP. Just to name a few things I remember.

The dungeons are linear, but so were the dungeons of FFX. But unlike FFX, 13 has no backtracking to older chapters. Chapter 11 is the oldest you can return to.
Of course, FF13 has a diffwerent combat system as well.
Just so you know, the first two chapters are pathetical easy and no fun. Once you reach chapter 3, the paradigms are introduced and the difficulty starts to increase.

XIII-2 also has some events you'll only fully understand, if you played the first game. though 13-2 has a menu point which tells you the backstory of FF13. But knowing FFXIII is not mandatory.
I'd still recommend you to play the first game... er... first. I expected it to be a really bad game, but in the end I can't understand all the backlash from the fans. It's a fun game and also cheap. (Well, here in europe at least.)
#5MegaMettaur(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 10:24:40 AM
tiornys posted...
By 3 do you mean Japanese 3, or American 3 (Japanese 6)?

I think there's a decent chance you would enjoy 13 and 13-2, yes. It's hard to say for sure, of course, since different people like various FF games for different reasons. Keep in mind that 13 takes a while to open up, and is easily the most linear of the FF games, and give it a shot.

t~

Since FF6 is known as FF6 everywhere in the world now....
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#6Yuna FanPosted 1/14/2013 1:39:14 PM
It disturbs me that people in this generation aren't able to make decisions for themselves. It's much more of a rewarding experience to try something out to determine whether or not "it's for you".
---
With "Sin" gone I thought the peaceful days would last forever... - Yuna; FFX-2
#7KadeAuronPosted 1/15/2013 8:44:01 AM
I feel like 13 is 10 with more powerful characters. My fav is 6,7,10,11,12.. and 13. I pretty much like all of them tho.
---
Psn: KadeAuron {} Pawn Name: Elizah(Fighter)(Give meh reviews... want's to buy skins.)
#8tiornysPosted 1/15/2013 9:41:27 AM
MegaMettaur posted...
Since FF6 is known as FF6 everywhere in the world now....

Yeah, I thought that too until I ran into a recent topic where someone didn't know this.

t~
#9DaGreatOnelolPosted 1/15/2013 6:21:59 PM
I played FF12. It was awesome.
---
"Damn right and I'll do it again. I am right so I gotz to win" - DMX
#10cyan1001Posted 1/16/2013 12:00:07 AM
10 was the last good one