Ending discussion spoilers

#1MasterShot2k5Posted 1/14/2013 11:14:19 PM
So here is why the ending isn't as depressing as you would think, Lightning froze herself in crystal because 1: Caius could not be stopped, 2: to preserve Serahs memory in history, and 3: hope n all that..

Since Chaos is unleashed not only is everyone immortal but all time periods come together as one existing period, so thanks to Lightning keeping Serahs memory alive in time, Serah should be revived. . . . . . .According to logic standards of XIII-2 anyway, I mean why not?

What with Lightning Returns happening n all....
---
Haters gonna hate......
#2Destroyer_MagePosted 1/15/2013 12:48:23 AM
I'd like it if Serah is already revived in Novus Partus but she has no memory of her former self (just like every Yeul having the same soul but different personalities and memories).So when Lightning finds Serah she could just give back her memories and they can live happily ever after (after saving humanity of course).
---
Because I could not stop for death,it kindly stopped for me.
Currently playing Sleeping Dogs.Sleeping Dogs is a true gem and more people should play it :)
#3jenovaschilldPosted 1/15/2013 3:35:56 AM
Well I just finished the game and the ending made me nauseated, RPG's are not a good media to leave a 'to be continued' it is not like a duke's of hazard episode where all you have to do is wait a week and basically all you had invested was an hour.

Not to mention the death at the end and world coming to an end is bitterly cliche of a way to end a long journey just to increase chances of selling a sequel whether you like it or not- it is as bad as horror movies that constantly put very small children in danger in order to heighten suspense - when there is always questions like why is a 5 yr old girl surrounded by monsters in the middle of nowhere, where are the parents, isn't it a school night, why would she have light, bell, small dog, etc giving her position away.

Now in regards to sequels - well there are alot of great endings that allow for sequel without old cliche - main protagonist dies, world ends- 'to be continued'
Take harry potter books, lord of the rings, mass effect, halo, bioshock, assassin creed, etc Self contained storys with a ending (hopefully happy, I mean we do not want John Saul book endings) but one that still allows for the story to continue.

I cannot believe square enix FF franchise would allow something like this, I know alot complained about the ending but I had no idea as to how bad it was or the way in which it was done.
---
:)
#4MasterShot2k5(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 9:01:09 AM
jenovaschilld posted...
Well I just finished the game and the ending made me nauseated, RPG's are not a good media to leave a 'to be continued' it is not like a duke's of hazard episode where all you have to do is wait a week and basically all you had invested was an hour.

Not to mention the death at the end and world coming to an end is bitterly cliche of a way to end a long journey just to increase chances of selling a sequel whether you like it or not- it is as bad as horror movies that constantly put very small children in danger in order to heighten suspense - when there is always questions like why is a 5 yr old girl surrounded by monsters in the middle of nowhere, where are the parents, isn't it a school night, why would she have light, bell, small dog, etc giving her position away.

Now in regards to sequels - well there are alot of great endings that allow for sequel without old cliche - main protagonist dies, world ends- 'to be continued'
Take harry potter books, lord of the rings, mass effect, halo, bioshock, assassin creed, etc Self contained storys with a ending (hopefully happy, I mean we do not want John Saul book endings) but one that still allows for the story to continue.

I cannot believe square enix FF franchise would allow something like this, I know alot complained about the ending but I had no idea as to how bad it was or the way in which it was done.

main protagonist dying followed by end of the world is a cliche?
---
Haters gonna hate......
#5MasterShot2k5(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 9:01:54 AM
Not to mention, the world didn't end.....YET. It is just timeless now, but if Lightning fails in the next game, it really will end.
---
Haters gonna hate......
#6foo1239Posted 1/17/2013 2:40:24 AM
The ending was depressing and had no positive aspects for any of the characters in any way at all.
#7arvilinoPosted 1/17/2013 3:02:10 AM
foo1239 posted...
The ending was depressing and had no positive aspects for any of the characters in any way at all.

What about Vanille and Fang?
#8mws5003Posted 1/17/2013 6:18:33 AM
If it was Etro who took them out of crystal stasis, and Etro is dead....I'm not sure how they will get out
---
"A red flowering, a blue student, and spotted silver mushrooms?"- Meimei
"You hurt me and my friends, so I eat you for dinner!"- Quina