Difficulty of DLC?

#1aDarkSaviorPosted 1/17/2013 3:08:19 AM
I was underlevelled for the final boss fight it took me half an hour to finish the last battle. How much harder are the DLC battles compared to the final boss?
#2aDarkSavior(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:29:06 AM
What I mean is is doing side quests and unlocking paradox endings required to level up enough for the DLC coliseum fights?
#3ExternicaPosted 1/17/2013 5:13:48 AM
What colosseum fight?
Lightning & Amodar can be done as early as chapter 3 or 4. Nabaat requires a good strategy or brutal force.
The rest? Havn't purchased them. From what I've heard, the lower on the list, the harder the battle. Pupu being the odd one, as Gilgamesh is said to be the toughest. A properly or full developed team is required.

Requiem? The first battles are tough, but once Lightning reaches Level 4 or 5, the episode becomes a piece of cake.
The Sazh-DLC is the easiest, it doesn't require any battle skills. And Chronobind is easy enough to earn lots of medals.
Didn'T try the Snow-Episode, I heard it's super tough and a gameplay viodeo showed that Snow hits like a Truck that's as fast as lightspeed. Ouch!
#4InfinyGodslayerPosted 1/17/2013 6:58:04 AM
Boss battles specially Valfodr, Gilgamesh and Ultros & Typhon are cheap specially if you don't know how to deal with it. Specially Gilgamesh because you must defeat him in two staggers and the first must not drop his HP bellow 4,5 Million or he will enter in overdrive mode, if he ever do it before you kill him, its better to reset.

---
---
"A god...The universe is full of gods. Who is mortal..." Gabriel Celeste - Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria.
#5aDarkSavior(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 4:50:08 PM
InfinyGodslayer posted...
Boss battles specially Valfodr, Gilgamesh and Ultros & Typhon are cheap specially if you don't know how to deal with it. Specially Gilgamesh because you must defeat him in two staggers and the first must not drop his HP bellow 4,5 Million or he will enter in overdrive mode, if he ever do it before you kill him, its better to reset.

---

So does Gilgamesh require maxed out stats? Does that mean completing all the side quests?
#6PyroxenzPosted 1/17/2013 5:26:06 PM
You don't really need maxed-out characters, as you need maxed-out monsters. All your pets should be well-developed and properly-infused if you want to finish off Gilgamesh within 2 staggers.

Vanilla strategy against Gilg is using a trio of Cloudburst-Goblin Chieftian-Chichu. Check out a video on youtube on how to execute this.
---
Burning with anger, the ArchDevil hits the Archangel for 150% damage.
#7foo1239Posted 1/18/2013 12:01:53 AM
Its hard. At least Snow, Valfodr and Gilgamesh are