Oh wow, hahahahaha.

#1GenocideHeartPosted 1/19/2013 9:28:52 AM
So I didn't understand what the big deal with the dark in Yaschaf Massif was, so I strayed from the light - and a behemoth jumped me.

Or, more accurately, tried to. Behemoth, meet Pulsework Knight. Behemoth, get completely walled by Pulsework Knight. AND it dropped its crystal in the very first fight.

I get the feeling I just got a hideously powerful Commando, there. So now the question is what to feed it so that it becomes big and scary. Potents or Power?
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#2IdikanPosted 1/19/2013 9:46:54 AM
GenocideHeart posted...
So I didn't understand what the big deal with the dark in Yaschaf Massif was, so I strayed from the light - and a behemoth jumped me.

Or, more accurately, tried to. Behemoth, meet Pulsework Knight. Behemoth, get completely walled by Pulsework Knight. AND it dropped its crystal in the very first fight.

I get the feeling I just got a hideously powerful Commando, there. So now the question is what to feed it so that it becomes big and scary. Potents or Power?

Nice that you got a behemoth on your first encounter! I have yet to capture one, but I will lol. I would use Power over Potents, so you can get as much Str as you can. But not saying potents are bad for leveling because they're not. You can always infuse your behemoth with other monsters to make up for lost stats. Also, make sure you have an endless wallet or be prepared to farm for your orbs. I don't have a problem with gil now because I kill Yomi at least four times a day for gil.
#3GenocideHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:50:17 AM
Yes, well, I like to think this is my reward for wasting time trying to catch an Exoray earlier.

I tried the Nabaat fight in the Colosseum, too, but, uh, I got kind of annihilated. Shoulda known that the DLC fights are postgame stuff...
---
#4xnoelzPosted 1/19/2013 9:51:04 AM
GenocideHeart posted...

I would suggest that you use Power materials.
---
Loading Signature...
#5GenocideHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:01:59 AM
xnoelz posted...
GenocideHeart posted...

I would suggest that you use Power materials.

Hmm. I guess that's the logical pick, since its mana is pretty low. Any suggestions for infusions? I have a few ideas, but am open to more tips.
---
#6MightyGebPosted 1/20/2013 1:05:35 AM
I would use Power materials, but I wouldn't bother with infusions.

From what I understand, you are on a first playthrough. Infusions are hardly necessary unless you're taking on the hard DLCs. Also, Behemoth isn't as powerful as it may seem.

Behemoth is a pretty average COM despite having high strength, due to slow attack speed. It doesn't help that it is forced to use Ruin against launch-able foes. It's also the first and probably least notable of all the behemoths - it has a buffing Feral Link as its defining factor, but that's somewhat outclassed by some other buffing Links. If you really want a Behemoth COM, Narasimha or Proto-Behemoth are better bets.
---
GT: geblobledee
http://www.youtube.com/user/MightyGeb
#7GenocideHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 7:54:21 AM
MightyGeb posted...

From what I understand, you are on a first playthrough. Infusions are hardly necessary unless you're taking on the hard DLCs. Also, Behemoth isn't as powerful as it may seem.

Behemoth is a pretty average COM despite having high strength, due to slow attack speed. It doesn't help that it is forced to use Ruin against launch-able foes. It's also the first and probably least notable of all the behemoths - it has a buffing Feral Link as its defining factor, but that's somewhat outclassed by some other buffing Links. If you really want a Behemoth COM, Narasimha or Proto-Behemoth are better bets.

Yeah, I noticed how slow it is. Anyway, I got some of those goblin-type enemies from Bresha Ruins 300AF (Yes, I am aware I am not supposed to go anywhere near it just yet, but my Pulse Knight is doing a fine job of tanking), and they seem to work better as COMs than the Behemoth.

Anyway, I'm currently doing the Steppe events, and well... yeah, I learned to not wander around too much. The Pulsework Gladiators are nasty.

Thundaga does work over both Goblins and the Hoplite palette swaps, though, so I'mma do some grinding. Wonder if I could chance Microchus for materials yet?
---
#8RagnoraokPosted 1/20/2013 12:19:24 PM
GenocideHeart posted...
MightyGeb posted...

Yeah, I noticed how slow it is. Anyway, I got some of those goblin-type enemies from Bresha Ruins 300AF (Yes, I am aware I am not supposed to go anywhere near it just yet, but my Pulse Knight is doing a fine job of tanking), and they seem to work better as COMs than the Behemoth.

Anyway, I'm currently doing the Steppe events, and well... yeah, I learned to not wander around too much. The Pulsework Gladiators are nasty.

Thundaga does work over both Goblins and the Hoplite palette swaps, though, so I'mma do some grinding. Wonder if I could chance Microchus for materials yet?

yeah, the pulsenight is a beast sentinel. I literally used him up until I got to the Vile Peaks and got the lancer as a sentinel.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....choose wisely.
#9GenocideHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 6:06:53 PM
Huh, the Archylte Steppe goblin-type monsters are pretty nasty. Especially the Gancanagh, whose Saboteur moveset can make a mess of enemies in short order.

Still trying to catch an Exoray for a medic... also caught a Svarog, which seems like one of the more interesting Commandos, seeing how far he can level.
---
#10MoonlightJustPosted 1/21/2013 12:15:37 AM
Something to keep in mind with behemoths is that they are uninteruptable and unlaunchable ((As far as I can remember)). So if you find yourself getting bounced around a lot or having your attacks interupted, they make a pretty good choice.