Infusion of Role abilities that are designated as "auto"

#1TeslaCoi1Posted 1/19/2013 12:18:55 PM
Ok, so, I'm early on in the game, in Yaschas Massif (or however it's written) 10 AF. I have a maxed out level 20 Hoblit (I think that's what he's called. It's a robot kind of enemy), a Commando monster, in my party. He's an "Early Peeker", so he can't go beyond 1 out of the 5 possible stages for monster development. I also have a Urudimmu (also a Commando monster) which is at level 15 (I think). He can grow more levels than the Hoblit, and i have made him reach stage 2, but I don't have stage 2 materials for the crystarium yet (you know, like higher-level droplets and stuff), so I can't have him develop beyond level 15 yet.

ANYWAY:

So I'm trying to infuse Hoblit into Urudimmu so I can have Urudimmu get Hoblit's 2 Role abilities that are automatic, namely "Stagger: Wound" (which inflicts "Wound" on staggered enemies), and another that I don't quite remember what was called, but it boosts Strength against enemies that have their Physical and or Magic resistance set to "Resist" or "Halved". My Hoblit also has a passive ability that gives +15% Physical Resistance. HOWEVER: When I try to do this infusion, it shows that the passive ability will be carried over, but I get a message saying "This monster has no Role abilities to carry over", so I never dared to go through with the process. Are the only Role abilities that can be carried over abilities that are not automatic, like "Ruin" for example? Automatic Role abilities are a no go? :-/ Or?
#2ArmaLeyvatenPosted 1/19/2013 1:48:57 PM
Certain role abilities can't be transferred to other monsters through infusion. Stagger: Wound and Armor Breaker are two such abilities. The Monster Infusion FAQ has a list of all abilities that can and can't be transferred, I believe
#3TeslaCoi1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:36:50 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks. That sucks though....Cheap-ass Square Enix...
#4TeslaCoi1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 1:03:34 PM
Also kinda sucks that there is no mention anywhere in any of the game tutorials of the fact that certain Role abilities cannot be infused.
#5RagnoraokPosted 1/20/2013 1:31:13 PM
TeslaCoi1 posted...
Also kinda sucks that there is no mention anywhere in any of the game tutorials of the fact that certain Role abilities cannot be infused.

when you try to infuse, the nontransferable abilities are red and have a locked icon next to them. Also, it gives you a preview on all the abilities your monster will gain at the bottom.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....choose wisely.
#6MajinKain0Posted 1/20/2013 8:51:25 PM
TeslaCoi1 posted...

when you try to infuse, the nontransferable abilities are red and have a locked icon next to them. Also, it gives you a preview on all the abilities your monster will gain at the bottom.

That only applies to generic passive abilities. It doesn't include role abilities such as Blitz, Feeders, or Chasers.
#7jenovaschilldPosted 1/22/2013 6:34:41 PM
you know I have played games and rpgs for over 25yrs since graduating highschool, and I would never use a strategy guide during the first play through. But i will admit this is the first game where I finally broke down and had to use a strategy guide, from everything regarding where to go, what portal to open next, monster guides, materials with there being little explanation or guidance. One of the most frustrating games i have ever played.
---
:)