So what was the big deal about *spoilers*

#11YusunnephoPosted 1/23/2013 2:25:07 PM
I meant, that was the original point of preventing the fall of Cocoon from ending the world. They prevented it from having the impact that it did from Noel's timeline, but what actually happened was a side effect of their successful prevention of Noel's timeline.
#12kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:06:01 PM
lightdragoon88 posted...
Yusunnepho posted...
I thought it was the ecological impact of Cocoon falling that caused the end of the world (compounded with the war that surrounded its fall). Noel talks about the crystal sand blanketing the world in his time, and in A Dying World, you see how nothing grows, the only way the remaining humans can survive is through hunting monsters, etc etc.

Of course, that future didn't end up happening because of the events of the game, since time stopped. The resulting paradoxes hurt my head, so I try not to think about them.

They gutted out Cocoon in time (which became the other cocoon) and place a shield to soften the impact, so the ecological impact in Noel future will not happen.

It succeeded.....until the chaos broke free and consume everything.

THANK YOU. Now the game (for the most part) makes sense to me.

I just don't get how Hope was able to time travel, or contact Acedemia's leaders from the past. Was it using the oracle drive?
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#13GenocideHeartPosted 1/23/2013 6:44:39 PM
kewldude475 posted...

I just don't get how Hope was able to time travel, or contact Acedemia's leaders from the past. Was it using the oracle drive?

Hope didn't time travel, he built a time capsule that suspended the flow of time for those inside, and that's how he and Alyssa made it to centuries later. He tells you as much himself.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#14kewldude475(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 8:15:03 PM
GenocideHeart posted...
kewldude475 posted...

Hope didn't time travel, he built a time capsule that suspended the flow of time for those inside, and that's how he and Alyssa made it to centuries later. He tells you as much himself.

Must have forgotten this part. Thanks.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#15Destroyer_MagePosted 1/24/2013 2:16:08 AM
kewldude475 posted...
GenocideHeart posted...
kewldude475 posted...

Must have forgotten this part. Thanks.

You should really talk to the NPC's in the game, most times they'll give good info on the happenings in the game.
---
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.