Last dungeon *spoilers*

#1Dark222Posted 1/23/2013 3:56:18 PM
Hi, I'm in academia 500 ready for the boss. I want to train first, and farm Gil. Best places to do so?

Thanks
---
Now playing: Black Ops and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
PSN: Dark_soul77
#2Dark222(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 3:59:04 PM
Also for the last bosses, the FAQ says to use pulse work, chichu and flanitor. Should I be using those monsters?
---
#3tiornysPosted 1/23/2013 5:15:22 PM
I'm not sure if there's a single "best place" for farming, but I definitely recommend completing sidequests if you want to power up. It's more interesting than grinding and you get bonuses along the way.

In terms of maximum impact for minimum fuss, I recommend Goblin Chieftain, Cloudburst, and Dragoon for the final boss sequence. That gives you a SEN and a RAV whose feral links cover your buffs, plus a powerful COM that is cheap to max out and good without infusion.

t~
#4Dark222(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:17:38 PM
Yea, my team already consists of dragoon and cloudburst. What about the medic? Flanitor is good?
---
#5skullhedface32Posted 1/23/2013 5:18:35 PM
Use the monster faq and level these 3 monsters:

Chichu
Cloudburst
Goblin Chieftan

By the time you obtain, level and infuse those monsters you should be very well leveled.

For money, farm Raspital in Oerba 400 (i think 400). You can make bank on that fight in under 5 minutes with the proper setup, which the 3 monsters listed above are perfect for.

I'll be honest. the final boss is quite a bit harder than any previous boss fights. If you do go through the trouble to level those 3 monsters you will probably be overpowered though haha.
#6Dark222(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:20:56 PM
Ok by levelling, do you mean using the crystarium? Because I don't know anything about infusing and haven't done so yet. Where do I find chief goblin?

Thanks
---
#7skullhedface32Posted 1/23/2013 8:36:12 PM
Yeah I mean use the crystarium when I say leveling. If you search around here you can find a guide for optimizing your crystarium. I didn't bother with that and was still able to beat everything in the game + DLC. it's kinda hard to mess up, but if you want the very strongest....

Here's the best place to look for monster infusions: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/619315-final-fantasy-xiii-2/faqs/63731

This guide has been built and discussed by many of the boards most knowledgeable members (not me haha). It'll tell you everything you need to know about monsters and how to infuse them.

some pointers:
1. Learn what the yellow and red locks are on monster abilities and how to manipulate them (in the guide).

2. it doesn't mater what you feed your "feeder" monsters (monsters you raise only to feed to another monster for it's ability). ONLY abilities can be transferred, no stats.

3. if you don't have the snow DLC then DO NOT goof up your chichu. Feed him ONLY strength mats and follow the guide very closely when infusing him. He is a one time only monster unless you get the snow DLC.

The goblin cheiftan is in Archylte Steppe ??? AF
#8tiornysPosted 1/23/2013 8:43:24 PM
Dark222 posted...
What about the medic? Flanitor is good?

Flanitor is a good Medic, but I don't recommend using a monster Medic for the final boss sequence. At lower development you want SEN/RAV/COM, and at higher development you want SYN/RAV/COM (best SYNs for this are Yakshini and Sahagin Prince). Noel and Serah are more than adequate as Medics, or you can use Potions + Grimoire Hat quite effectively.

t~