Should I still buy this game even though there's only two playable characters?

#11carlos0496Posted 1/24/2013 9:05:35 PM
gamermasterwiz posted...
Hi, I just recently completed FF13 last week and I thought that I should buy this game however after some researching I found out that only 2 people are playable throughout the game.

Now I'm kind of upset and think that it will be boring. I mean I enjoyed 13-1's way of letting us play as all characters since that's the point of a 'role-playing-game (RPG)' right?

So is there anything that you guys(who have played it already) could tell me that's great about this game and will make me buy it despite only 2 playable characters?

by your logic, kingdom hearts (one of square enix's more famous rpg) would be an horrible game...
#12MoonlightJustPosted 1/24/2013 9:18:38 PM
You do get a guest star for part of one chapter, but he doesn't take up a slot. So yeah, that third slot will always be taken up by your monster. Now the downside-ish is that you can only take three monsters with you into battle, but you can customize your paradigms with those three monsters in any way you wish, like in XIII.
#13gamermasterwiz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:13:05 PM
MajinKain0 posted...
^Hmm about the third slot..you said that its a revolving door right? Are they always monsters? Or will there be different people that sometimes take up the slot for certain chapters?

They are all treated as monsters, but you can get some (through DLC) characters, such as Sazh, to fill one of the slots.

Really? Cool. I might give this game a try then. Would like to have Snow & Lightning as well!
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8
#14SteLo4122Posted 1/25/2013 9:25:30 AM
gamermasterwiz posted...
MajinKain0 posted...
^Hmm about the third slot..you said that its a revolving door right? Are they always monsters? Or will there be different people that sometimes take up the slot for certain chapters?

They are all treated as monsters, but you can get some (through DLC) characters, such as Sazh, to fill one of the slots.

Really? Cool. I might give this game a try then. Would like to have Snow & Lightning as well!

Go on YouTube and search yourself please
---
PSN: Ste-Lo_MacK
XBOX360 GAMERTAG: Ste Lo 4122
#15Lelouch71Posted 1/25/2013 3:05:01 PM
It's still a good game despite two playable characters. My favorite franchise have 1-2 human characters with the rest being demons outside of Devil Survivor, DDS, and Persona. I pretty much play this game mainly for Noel. Serah is alright. She isn't a bad character. I like her better in this game.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#16SunburstPosted 1/25/2013 3:46:22 PM
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
it's funny... FF13 had 6 playable characters, and yet I only used 3 unless forced otherwise.

I didn't find it a problem in this game at all.

Same
---
There can be only one.
#17Will446Posted 1/26/2013 4:35:32 PM
I like Noel I get the AC costume and Noel no longer looks like he is a homosexual so the game looks and feels great except how they ruined Mog to sound like he or she is a victim in a Japanese Hentai movie
#18lightdragoon88Posted 1/26/2013 7:01:50 PM
Will446 posted...
I like Noel I get the AC costume and Noel no longer looks like he is a homosexual so the game looks and feels great except how they ruined Mog to sound like he or she is a victim in a Japanese Hentai movie

Kupo. :(
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#19gamermasterwiz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:13:27 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the posts. I've decided to rent this game first so that I can give it a try. So far its pretty good and I do like the fact that it's not as linear as FF13 so there are times where you have to spend more time at one place.

I've looked at some of the DLCs available and I'm kind of interested in buying them so I think renting is a good choice so that I can save money. I'll just buy the game later on.
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8
#20lightdragoon88Posted 1/29/2013 1:31:06 PM
gamermasterwiz posted...
Hey guys thanks for all the posts. I've decided to rent this game first so that I can give it a try. So far its pretty good and I do like the fact that it's not as linear as FF13 so there are times where you have to spend more time at one place.

I've looked at some of the DLCs available and I'm kind of interested in buying them so I think renting is a good choice so that I can save money. I'll just buy the game later on.

Glad you are enjoying it.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!