Should I still buy this game even though there's only two playable characters?

#21GenocideHeartPosted 1/29/2013 4:52:14 PM
gamermasterwiz posted...
Hey guys thanks for all the posts. I've decided to rent this game first so that I can give it a try. So far its pretty good and I do like the fact that it's not as linear as FF13 so there are times where you have to spend more time at one place.

I've looked at some of the DLCs available and I'm kind of interested in buying them so I think renting is a good choice so that I can save money. I'll just buy the game later on.

Keep in mind that the DLCs are generally very hard optional boss fights, except for two - Requiem of the Goddess (which contains massive spoilers, btw) and Heads or Tails (which just requires gambling a lot to get Sazh right away, and seeing how he starts with over 1800 HP, that might make the game too easy, even if he's a SYN). Wait for a sale or buy them along with the game.

Also, the DLC weapons aren't all that bad for their cost. I kept using them until almost the end of the game. Upgrading them can be a massive pain, though.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#22Requiem_IjinPosted 1/29/2013 8:13:34 PM
I'm playing through the game now for the first time. I was extremely hesitant to buy it at first. I recently bought it on a pay day just because and started playing it like 2 days ago. Color me shocked now that I'm into the game I actually like the sequel better than the original.
---
All the Soul Calibur women combined just don't have the raw sex appeal Voldo does. - Zohar Metatron
#23GenocideHeartPosted 1/30/2013 10:55:23 AM
Requiem_Ijin posted...
I'm playing through the game now for the first time. I was extremely hesitant to buy it at first. I recently bought it on a pay day just because and started playing it like 2 days ago. Color me shocked now that I'm into the game I actually like the sequel better than the original.

You aren't the only one. I loathed the original, but I found myself liking this game a fair bit, even if it still doesn't feel like Final Fantasy and is a little too concerned with looking pretty over having substance. But as someone with a serious 'catch 'em all' complex, I find monster taming to be enough to keep me in the game.

Too bad I can't use a monsters only party. I can't care for Serah and Noel is too plain for my tastes.
---
#24ExpelDiasFlacPosted 1/31/2013 8:08:24 PM
2 playable characters?! There's like almost 100 playable characters if you count all the monsters you can capture and use in your party.
#25GenocideHeartPosted 2/1/2013 8:26:58 AM
ExpelDiasFlac posted...
2 playable characters?! There's like almost 100 playable characters if you count all the monsters you can capture and use in your party.

The monsters aren't playable. Playable implies you can control them - but monsters can never be the paradigm leaders, only Noel and Serah. The rest is pretty much AI-controlled NPCs, thus unplayable by definition.
---
#26papawill1113Posted 2/1/2013 4:52:33 PM
FF X-2 was the worst game ever made. I dont know how anyone can ever defend it. It is because of THAT game I have never and will never buy another FF game.

This game is a billion times better.
#27CBratePosted 2/1/2013 5:31:06 PM
Isn't there a demo for this?
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 179 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: stupid_newbie