The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Best Militarized Unit&Ancient Automata type monsters?

#1GenocideHeartPosted 1/26/2013 2:59:29 PM(edited)
Yeah, I'm aiming to make a team of monsters that look cool, and Militarized Units are among the neatest looking, so I'm combing through them to find the best ones.

So far I'm considering Garuda for Saboteur, Thexteron for Synergist, Flanitor as Medic and Koboldroid Yang for Ravager, but I'm open to other ideas (Lancer as Sentinel?).

Can some kind soul here give me input?
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#2tiornysPosted 1/26/2013 5:09:55 PM
Cloudburst is an ancient automata, and it's in the discussion for best RAV in the game. Koboldroid Yang has crap casting speed and only learns one -strike ability (and you can't transfer -strike abilities for some godawful reason).

Pulsework Gladiator is among the best SENs.

Proto-Behemoth is a pretty good COM.

Your SYN options are kind of weak. I think I'd investigate Luminous Puma over Thexteron; same family so it probably has similar animations, and it has higher stats plus only one RL ability.

t~
#3GenocideHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 5:39:15 PM
Thanks. I assume Garuda as SAB and Flanitor as MED work, then? Not that there's other choices than Flanitor as far as I know for MED...
---
#4tiornysPosted 1/26/2013 5:43:24 PM
Flanitor is a great MED. I have no idea on SABs. I don't really recommend much use of monster MEDs or SABs, but I know that others like them.

t~
#5GenocideHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 4:40:09 AM
Yeah, I went with Luminous Puma in the end. I still am not sure whether to use Pulsework Gladiator or Lancer, though. Probably the former, but both turn out pretty good.

Now to nab a Proto-Behemoth...
---
#6godslayer88Posted 1/28/2013 6:16:33 AM
Proto-Behemoth is in Academia 500af. I encountered it only once, fully developed party I had, it came with 2 Caith Sith-like creatures who can take quite the beating, but mister Proto whooped my fully-developed ass BIGTIME. I wasn't really equipped for an enemy like him though.
---
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ hphotos-ak-ash4/398139_4284731123084_693239237_n.jpg Hi! This is me, just delete the space after .net/
#7mws5003Posted 1/28/2013 6:30:45 AM
About that battle with proto-behemoth and the schrodingers, is there a relatively quicker way of beating the cats other than spamming the wound spell?
---
"A red flowering, a blue student, and spotted silver mushrooms?"- Meimei
"You hurt me and my friends, so I eat you for dinner!"- Quina
#8godslayer88Posted 1/29/2013 7:33:41 AM
mws5003 posted...
About that battle with proto-behemoth and the schrodingers, is there a relatively quicker way of beating the cats other than spamming the wound spell?

I just killed them with Attack(Noel) and Ruin(Serah) and had my Silver Chocobo as a SEN to keep the Behemoth busy. It does take about 5 ATB to finally kill it though.
---
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ hphotos-ak-ash4/398139_4284731123084_693239237_n.jpg Hi! This is me, just delete the space after .net/