Taming Amonojaku

#1pimpinelephantPosted 1/29/2013 9:39:39 PM
I'm currently attempting to obtain an Amonojaku monster crystal, but this pesky little Spook just does not want to become a crystal, but then again, who does, right? >.<

From what I have noticed, an encounter with an Amonojaku will include 3 Amonojakus and 3 Notsugos. After countless hours of running around Bresha Ruins 005 AF, I have encountered an Amonojaku 25 times by my count, meaning 75 total Amonojakus. I have yet to obtain the Amonojaku monster crystal. x.x

I obtained a Svarog, Notsugo, and Albino Lobo within the first couple times of encountering them, so I thought, "Yay! Only one more to go. It shouldn't be that hard." >.<

The Monster Infusion FAQ states that the Amonojaku has a 10% tame rate. Which leads me to the question, am I doing something wrong? I'm sure that the Amonojaku is no different than any other monster, but it's still none the less extremely disheartening. =(

What are some great tips to help finally obtain an Amonojaku? Am I a fool for not using the "Retry" trick? >.<

Any help would be great! Thanks guys!
#2NemyarPosted 1/29/2013 10:04:50 PM
You should use the Retry, it save on time needed to encounter them.

Kill all three 3 Amonojaku (while leaving Notsugo alone), retry if no crystal show up when you kill them.
#3xnoelzPosted 1/30/2013 12:29:32 AM
Tezcatlipoca is more annoying. 3% tame rate
---
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif