In a few years, Square isn't going to be the best JRPG company anymore.

#1GrapeKiwiPosted 1/30/2013 6:56:45 AM
Tales/ Persona definitely going to take over eventually.
If star ocean starts Improves that gameplay and doesn't keep getting worse and worse with story production, maybe they'll have a chance too.
In FF's Future, I forsee this

another FF MMO created
it bombs
KH3 Released 2025
no one cares

FF Versus 13 released 2030 to try to redeem failures
People are finally happy, but its been so overhyped that it isn't even close to what we expected for the wait
GG SERIES
---
Hi guys! I'm an ex HoN semi-pro who streams Dota 2 and various JRPG's! Currently streaming : Tales of Graces F NG+
http://www.justin.tv/kawaiikiwix3
#2_giLgamIsh_Posted 1/30/2013 7:28:56 AM
Maybe so. Tales of Series are already there as far as I know. That's only because Bamco gives what the fans wants. But by doing that, just keep giving the fans what they want? It will soon to be over for Bamco. The more we obtain the more boring it gets. I hope Tales of Vesperia will never get ported outside of Japan and just stay PS3 exclusive in Japan only. That way, it keeps the fans from dying. And I'm a victim out of all those who wants Tales of Veaperia for the PS3 in NA/EU myself, lol. But Persona? I'm not so sure about it? I never played any Persona beside Persona 2 for the PS2 and I never did beat it I think? And played Persona 4 Arena/Persona 3 FES.
---
Yomi is a spamming whxre.
#3xnoelzPosted 1/30/2013 7:30:52 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
---
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#4GrapeKiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:33:51 AM
_giLgamIsh_ posted...
Maybe so. Tales of Series are already there as far as I know. That's only because Bamco gives what the fans wants. But by doing that, just keep giving the fans what they want? It will soon to be over for Bamco. The more we obtain the more boring it gets. I hope Tales of Vesperia will never get ported outside of Japan and just stay PS3 exclusive in Japan only. That way, it keeps the fans from dying. And I'm a victim out of all those who wants Tales of Veaperia for the PS3 in NA/EU myself, lol. But Persona? I'm not so sure about it? I never played any Persona beside Persona 2 for the PS2 and I never did beat it I think? And played Persona 4 Arena/Persona 3 FES.

Persona 4 Golden is one of the Best JRPG's this gen - Persona 3 was solid but 4 improved on almost everything in 3, which put it over the top
Persona 5 is in the making, which is no doubt going to be impressive (unless they pull a square and change it up)

I'd love Vesperia as well, but I doubt we'll see a port after its been out for so long.
As well as Narikiri Dungeon (Remake of the older games with revamped battle systems similar to symphonia) which I would LOVE to play, but I doubt we'll get that either...
Xillia's coming, and so far the news seems positive - hoping for a story line superior to graces, and the gameplay looks similar to Vesperia's which will be refreshing, since I haven't played that in years (of course it will be different, just saying it looks more similar to that then graces)
By the way gilgamesh, I sent you a pm. you never replied :(
---
Hi guys! I'm an ex HoN semi-pro who streams Dota 2 and various JRPG's! Currently streaming : Tales of Graces F NG+
http://www.justin.tv/kawaiikiwix3
#5_giLgamIsh_Posted 1/30/2013 7:47:57 AM
GrapeKiwi posted...
_giLgamIsh_ posted...

Persona 4 Golden is one of the Best JRPG's this gen - Persona 3 was solid but 4 improved on almost everything in 3, which put it over the top
Persona 5 is in the making, which is no doubt going to be impressive (unless they pull a square and change it up)

I'd love Vesperia as well, but I doubt we'll see a port after its been out for so long.
As well as Narikiri Dungeon (Remake of the older games with revamped battle systems similar to symphonia) which I would LOVE to play, but I doubt we'll get that either...
Xillia's coming, and so far the news seems positive - hoping for a story line superior to graces, and the gameplay looks similar to Vesperia's which will be refreshing, since I haven't played that in years (of course it will be different, just saying it looks more similar to that then graces)
By the way gilgamesh, I sent you a pm. you never replied :(

Yes. Can't wait for Tales of Xillia. But fist, I'll need a new PS3 since Final Fantasy XIII-2 causes my PS3 to unable to read any discs. I don't want to use the recovery system reboot either. I can't lose all my data from the PS3. But yes, sorry about that. I hardly check my profile. I'll check now.
---
Yomi is a spamming whxre.
#6choobiatorPosted 1/30/2013 8:52:46 AM
_giLgamIsh_ posted...
Bamco gives what the fans wants.

You mean like low budget cash-grab spin-offs and remakes?
Or like when they release a beta version of a game on one platform and then release the full game on a different platform, without offering the new content as DLC to owners of the original?
Or like when they refuse to localise most of their games?
Or like when the localisation process takes more than a year?
---
:)
#7NotoriousZRVPosted 1/30/2013 2:49:03 PM
That's especially true if they don't go back to their roots. But I haven't seen a Tales game even come close to the best Final Fantasies. The best Tales for me was pretty much the one for Gamecube, (with Lloyd, whichever one that was). I think they've kinda gone downhill for me at least.

The Persona games have consistently gotten better and better with every new installment, though. They really are fantastic.
---
www.TheGamerBar.com
#8Le_DerpstickPosted 1/30/2013 7:46:06 PM
Never gonna happen. Final Fantasy, in name only, caters to the kids who used to play them as the only good RPGs. And as long as they have kids and impress upon them the same value, and as long as Final Fantasy keeps being called Final Fantasy... it will never be dethroned.

Persona has absolutely no chance of taking FFs place. It's just much to niche in America, and I don't see that ever changing. It will never die, no, but it won't ever rise to levels of Final Fantasy, let alone surpass it.

Tales would have a chance if the people who localized it to places around the world were competent, but they're not, so Tales has no chance.
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#9GenocideHeartPosted 1/31/2013 10:24:33 AM
I should probably point out that SMT (baseline series, not just Persona) and Dragon Quest sell enough in Japan to be direct rivals to FF sales-wise (and some DQ games outsold FF, too). They're pretty much the Holy Trinity of RPGs at the moment, though FF has been steadily losing ground in favor of the other two thanks to some abysmal choices by Square-Enix.

In all this, however, there's a surprise entry: Sting's Dept. Heaven series, which consistently sold enough to make more than just a ripple in the RPG panorama. It should be kept in mind.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#10Lelouch71Posted 1/31/2013 7:03:26 PM
Sigh another thread that overrate Persona. I like Persona (moreso P2) but come on you could at least use megaten franchise. I know this is a troll thread but you nor I can predict the future.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"