The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Monster builds after a year

#1DeltaRay7Posted 1/30/2013 2:24:35 PM
are the monsters who were still top tiered back then still top now?
I believe these were the monsters back then
Com Omega Chichu
Rav Lightning cloudburst
Synergist purple chocobo and yakshini
Sentinel Pulse Gladiator

now
Com V Lightning
Rav Valfodr
Synergist same?
Sentinel Snow ,Goblin Chieftain?
these are the ones I been reading.
can someone verify these for me?
---
Cloud vs 130 D chaos no damage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEKsL6NA3TE
Exdeath vs 130 D chaos no HP damage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LUkqSY3Zkc
#2FaustXIIPosted 1/30/2013 2:37:26 PM
A year later and I STILL haven't played this game.. It's waiting for me on my shelf.. Damn.. Haha.
#3destrian522Posted 1/30/2013 5:19:17 PM
Chichu, Rav Lightning, and Cloudburst are still top tier. I'm not sure that Valfodr can be considered top tier, but I'm not the best person to ask. Snow definitely isn't top tier. I suspect Cactuar makes the cut.

Was Omega ever considered top tier? I don't remember that one.
---
CWLSIV
#4ArthellinusPosted 1/30/2013 5:50:54 PM(edited)
The true top tier should be whatever short list of monsters can reliably carry you through all postgame fights, DLC included, speed runs and special strategies excluded. By this definition, Valfodr cannot be top tier because you can't reasonably expect to use him against himself and he's way too expensive to develop for no real additional benefit over RAV Lightning.

Therefore, the list is:
Chichu
Cactuar
Both Lightnings
Cloudburst
Goblin Chieftain
Purple Chocobo
Yakshini

That's it.

EDIT: Fringe candidates include Blue Chocobo and Grand Behemoth only if you don't have access to RAV Lightning and are looking to avoid Cloudburst's inconsistencies.
#5Tec187Posted 1/31/2013 12:31:50 AM
Arthellinus posted...
The true top tier should be whatever short list of monsters can reliably carry you through all postgame fights, DLC included, speed runs and special strategies excluded. By this definition, Valfodr cannot be top tier because you can't reasonably expect to use him against himself and he's way too expensive to develop for no real additional benefit over RAV Lightning.

Therefore, the list is:
Chichu
Cactuar
Both Lightnings
Cloudburst
Goblin Chieftain
Purple Chocobo
Yakshini

That's it.

EDIT: Fringe candidates include Blue Chocobo and Grand Behemoth only if you don't have access to RAV Lightning and are looking to avoid Cloudburst's inconsistencies.

Why would Pulse Gladiator get cut from the top?
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#6achilleszeroPosted 1/31/2013 7:40:37 AM
Tec187 posted...
Why would Pulse Gladiator get cut from the top?

Because it doesn't really do anything to win the battle. Other SENs are capable of taking more than enough damage while also helping you win (Goblin Chieftan).
#7kjcan1Posted 1/31/2013 11:16:38 AM
All of these are assumed "specced out" / infused.

Goblin Chieftain is by far my best char. Dude is as tough as nails with his buffs / feral link I can remove the need for a SYN in big fights.

Lightning/Cloudburst/Blue Chocobo ( that order for me ) - Cloudburst is to erratic at times to get top of the list RAV wise. However his feral link, like the above SENT makes him excellent against big bosses.

Chichu/Proto-behemoth/Seeping Brie - Chichu is just hard to beat. Fast, armorbreaker, if made correctly - over 7000hps. Proto - well, just because he hits REALLY hard, just no where near as fast as Chichu. Seeping Brie ... I was surprized at this fellas resiliency. Just a personal fav - his feral is lots of fun and when built correctly it will end a fight quickly.

Yakshini/Sazh - Like them both, but I have almost no need for either of them since Ive been using Cloud and the Chieftain. Like Sazh, always have.
#8kjcan1Posted 1/31/2013 11:21:59 AM
kjcan1 posted...
All of these are assumed "specced out" / infused.

Goblin Chieftain is by far my best char. Dude is as tough as nails with his buffs / feral link I can remove the need for a SYN in big fights.

Lightning/Cloudburst/Blue Chocobo ( that order for me ) - Cloudburst is to erratic at times to get top of the list RAV wise. However his feral link, like the above SENT makes him excellent against big bosses.

Chichu/Proto-behemoth/Seeping Brie - Chichu is just hard to beat. Fast, armorbreaker, if made correctly - over 7000hps. Proto - well, just because he hits REALLY hard, just no where near as fast as Chichu. Seeping Brie ... I was surprized at this fellas resiliency. Just a personal fav - his feral is lots of fun and when built correctly it will end a fight quickly.

Yakshini/Sazh - Like them both, but I have almost no need for either of them since Ive been using Cloud and the Chieftain. Like Sazh, always have.

Nabaat/<forget the flyer here> Because I love getting imperil 2 on tougher bosses. Chichu typically starts hitting them around 24K. /flex
#9GenocideHeartPosted 1/31/2013 1:29:31 PM
Arthellinus posted...

Therefore, the list is:
Chichu
Cactuar
Both Lightnings
Cloudburst
Goblin Chieftain
Purple Chocobo
Yakshini

That's it.

Then Omega should be somewhere in that list. Its only problem is that it turns slowly, but once it starts spamming beams, it's pretty much an onesided massacre. I don't think anyone besides Valkyrie Lightning can match Omega's DPS.

Also, Omega is one of the best for dealing with flying pests, if not THE best. He just zaps them.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#10achilleszeroPosted 1/31/2013 2:09:54 PM
GenocideHeart posted...
Then Omega should be somewhere in that list. Its only problem is that it turns slowly, but once it starts spamming beams, it's pretty much an onesided massacre. I don't think anyone besides Valkyrie Lightning can match Omega's DPS.

Also, Omega is one of the best for dealing with flying pests, if not THE best. He just zaps them.

Omega's problem is that he isnt the best at any particular thing or any particular fight. The 3 COMs he listed are superior to Omega in specific fights/situations.