How much does Noel remind you of Future Trunks from DBZ?

#1CollectorReturnPosted 1/30/2013 1:55:27 PM
It really wouldn't surprise me if Square Enix took some inspiration from Dragonball with Noel. Future Trunks has also remained one of the anime's most popular characters.

Noel seems so similar to him in my opinion. Both of them are very young but seem mature beyond their years due to them coming from an apocalyptic world where there's nobody left. Both of them want to alter history for the better and create a positive future, both of them time travel and both of them had mentor's who they looked up to.

Although Caius isn't so much a mentor but I'm sure Noel regarded him as such.
#2godslayer88Posted 1/30/2013 2:00:10 PM
Thing is, there have been so many characters created by people in all sorts of entertainment. You can make a comparison out of everyone if you try. I think.
---
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ hphotos-ak-ash4/398139_4284731123084_693239237_n.jpg Hi! This is me, just delete the space after .net/
#3CollectorReturn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:29:29 PM
True, and then again there may have been no inspiration at all but it's interesting either way. I just instantly thought of Trunks mainly because of Noel's attitutde, he's like what 18 but he's quite serious, driven and mature.

Pretty sure Trunks is older but very similar in personality.
#4Le_DerpstickPosted 1/30/2013 3:49:49 PM
CollectorReturn posted...
True, and then again there may have been no inspiration at all but it's interesting either way. I just instantly thought of Trunks mainly because of Noel's attitutde, he's like what 18 but he's quite serious, driven and mature.

Pretty sure Trunks is older but very similar in personality.

That guy's trolling. There are a lot more similarities between Noel and Trunks than "any two characters".
He's right that you can compare anyone, but it's inane to suggest that Noel and Trunks aren't more similar than the vast majority of pairs.
And I'd say yeah. My basic image of Noel before playing the game was Future Trunks, and after playing, I still think of him as extremely similar to Future Trunks.
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#5RunikoPosted 1/31/2013 6:20:42 AM
I KNEW there was something familiar about Noel going to the past to save the future...
---
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
#6ArmaLeyvatenPosted 1/31/2013 7:48:27 AM
Except DBZ took a different route in trying to explain time travel and the effects the past can have on the future. With XIII-2 there's just one true timeline that Noel is trying to fix. In DBZ they used the theory that there are several different timelines, and altering the past would have no effect on his future, but would create an alternate future in a different timeline.

Not trying to troll, but is something worth thinking about ;)
#7CollectorReturn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:56:48 AM
Yeah ArmaLeyvaten you're exactly right, there were alternate timelines in DBZ and that's why Kid Trunks from the present timeline grew up vastly different from Future Trunks, he was a totally different person.

I just saw Trunks in Noel in so many ways though it was weird. Cool a number of people seem to think the same.
#8Lelouch71Posted 1/31/2013 6:01:01 PM
Yeah I always agreed with this comparison. Funny enough Future Trunks was one of my favorite DBZ characters just like Noel is my favorite FFXIII character.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"