Using Piggyback guide for leveling, no Sentinal?

#1XSlittle_masterPosted 2/3/2013 9:54:17 AM
I noticed that the leveling guide mainly uses COM and RAV in the early to mid stages of leveling up. Won't having no SEN early on nerf your game early on? I would imagine there would be at least a few scenarios where you'd need a SEN because I barely see it on the guide until Level 10 or so. By then CP cost must be a lot. Is the Piggyback guide still the best way to level up?
#2ArmaLeyvatenPosted 2/3/2013 10:14:25 AM
There's little to no loss from not leveling up the Sentinel role for....well, pretty much the whole game given its severe drop in difficulty compared to the first game. My advice would be to just level it to give Serah and Noel each their Steel/Mediguard abilities, and just leave them at that.

Btw, does it explain how large/small nodes work on the crystarium?
#3XSlittle_master(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 1:51:01 PM
But do you not get any HP boosts if you don't level up Sentinal?
#4GenocideHeartPosted 2/3/2013 1:54:26 PM
The monster Sentinels you get are more than enough to do the job, leaving Noel and Serah free to be aggressive. Worst case scenario go SEN/SEN/SEN and the damage reduction will be more than enough to keep you alive. You'll be fine. In fact, I'd say Pulse Knight breaks the early game. It'll last you a very long time.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#5XSlittle_master(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:00:31 PM
What is Pulse Knight and how do you get it?
#6GenocideHeartPosted 2/3/2013 2:15:18 PM
It's what the Pulsework Knight enemy turns into when you get its crystal. You can find it in Bresha Ruins 5AF, in the underground corridors. Just keep killing Pulsework Knights until the crystal drops. It's an Early Peaker (maxes out at level 20), and will usually get about 2000HP even if you only use Potent materials to upgrade it in the Crystarium. That's more than enough to carry you through the first three or so chapters of the game.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius