Best way to farm Yomi? (non DLC)

#1jimihendrixfrkPosted 2/3/2013 8:12:35 PM
I've been using the guides method utilizing dendrobium and yakshini, but it's still taking too long considering I'm at max level. Anybody have any better methods? (not including accessories since I'm using catalogs for better drop rates)
---
I can't write coherent sentences, so I use pictures. - MourningReigns
#2ArmaLeyvatenPosted 2/3/2013 8:22:00 PM
You only need to use one catalog to have the maximum chance of obtaining items (unless you're just THAT desperate for gil on the side). That said I used Cactuar, Yakshini, and Silver Chocobo when I was farming him. Pretty much just put Silver Chocobo in a SEN/SEN/SEN paradigm for Wicked Whirl, Yakshini for buffing while I healing when he was bubbled(MED/MED/SYN) or was debuffing when he wasn't bubbled(SAB/SAB/SYN), and brought out Cactuar after Deprotect was on him for some serious damage (COM/COM/COM). I also had Item Collector on Cactuar so I didn't have to use a catalog for Trap farming, but that's just me.
#3jimihendrixfrk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:48:29 PM
wait...you only have to have 1 catalog equipped for max rewards? Do you not have to be in control of that character either? If so, that would def help out a bit...
---
#4ArmaLeyvatenPosted 2/3/2013 9:11:23 PM(edited)
Well, the Item Scavenger MAX and Item Collector abilities don't stack if you equip a catalog on each character. The Gilfinder MAX ability WILL stack, though, so it's your choice if you want more killing ability or more gil. You can also infuse Cactuar with the Item Collector passive and forego catalogs entirely, but you'd have to make sure to end the battle with Cactuar out on the field (which wasn't that big of an issue given the strategy I used).
#5jimihendrixfrk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:16:58 PM
Ok thanks man. Yeah, screw gil...I just want a better rare drop is ALL. Ok maybe that can shave off enough time...
---
#6DreamGoddess1Posted 2/9/2013 5:44:54 AM
Do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im_VAlGTcDo
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4