This game is still in the top 10...

#1supergame99Posted 2/4/2013 6:38:09 PM
You know....so many people dis this game for one reason or another, but after being out for just over a year now this game is still on GameFAQs's PS3 top ten list. Right now it is number 8, but at one point i believe it was number 1 or 2 for awhile. If this game is so terrible, as so many say it is, then why is it still ranked in the top ten? This past year I don't think it ever dropped out of the top ten either. Is it because this game is actually good and people just don't want to admit it, or is it because there isn't very many good games on the PS3? (Not to knock the PS3 or other games.) Do you think FFXIII-2 deserves this ranking, or do you think something else is keeping this game highly ranked? Personally I like the game, but I think it is strange how this game stays in the top ten when so many people say it's garbage.
#2OrnerySpoonPosted 2/4/2013 7:08:13 PM
Isn't the top ten determined by IP addresses that visit or something? That's what I recall hearing, at any rate. So technically that doesn't mean it's the eighth best PS3 game, just the 8th most sought after for FAQs.

Of course, that would still imply that a lot of people have bought it and/or want to learn more about it, but unless I'm deeply mistaken it's place in the top ten suggests that it's well-known rather than necessarily considered to be a good game.
---
You can wax my huge spoon.
#3supergame99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:25:30 PM
OrnerySpoon posted...
Isn't the top ten determined by IP addresses that visit or something? That's what I recall hearing, at any rate. So technically that doesn't mean it's the eighth best PS3 game, just the 8th most sought after for FAQs.

Of course, that would still imply that a lot of people have bought it and/or want to learn more about it, but unless I'm deeply mistaken it's place in the top ten suggests that it's well-known rather than necessarily considered to be a good game.

Ahhh....you see I had no idea that's how the rankings worked. Well that clears that up. thanks for explaining that.
#4OrnerySpoonPosted 2/4/2013 7:27:24 PM
Well, bear in mind that I heard that years ago and it was in reference to the Message Boards. So I could very well be mistaken...If anyone could confirm or deny what I said, that'd be great.
---
You can wax my huge spoon.
#5YusonPosted 2/10/2013 8:37:27 PM
now that explains it.
---
"Life changes."
#6cyan1001Posted 2/11/2013 10:46:29 PM
i believe what Ornery said is true
#7ArcDerekPosted 2/12/2013 1:07:56 PM
Keep in mind that Split's FAQ was recently nominated for best FAQ of 2012. Could have led to more people checking out this game and associated FAQs.

Message Board ranking is separate and is based on posts/views. It is the list to the right of the top 10 games, next to the poll of the day.