Jet Bahamut Help

#1DemonxPrincessPosted 2/6/2013 8:02:39 PM
What should my HP be around? And what Monsters do you recommend?
#2DemonxPrincess(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:04:01 PM
I got around 250,000 HP left of him then boom $%^& gone!

after more than 40 minutes of work

Serah has about 3,500 HP

Noel has about 4,200 HP
#3tiornysPosted 2/7/2013 12:57:46 AM
You have sufficient HP to win this fight relatively easily with a good paradigm pack. You'll want a decent COM monster and some way to access an En-spell and Faith or Bravery. There are plenty of viable choices. For your COM I recommend Dragoon, since he's cheap to level to 20 and quite powerful for the resources expended. For buffs, Cloudburst or maybe Circuitron can give you Faith and Enfrost/Enthunder from their feral link. Goblin Chieftain's FL gives you Bravery (and a bunch of defensive buffs). Yakshini and Gahongas can grant both Faith and Bravery--and defenses--from their FL. Numerous other SYN monsters can also work, depending on the skills they know/are taught.

First key to the fight: when you kill the first of Amber or Garnet, a hidden timer starts counting down the time you have before Jet will resurrect them. Therefore, to maximize the time you have against Jet himself, you want to kill Amber and Garnet off as close to each other as possible.

Second key to the fight: damage multiplication. By inflicting Deprotect, Deshell, and Imperil on Jet, and augmenting your team with any En-spell, and Bravery/Faith, you multiply your Commandos' damage potential by nearly 500%. On top of that, plan to stagger Jet and use Ultima Arrow to skyrocket his chain gauge. With a decent COM, you can easily kill Jet within a single stagger, and never have to deal with his minions returning, or his massive -flare attacks.

If you decide to go with a slower route to victory, you'll want a SEN monster so that you can Tortoise for his -flare attacks. The fewer dragons on the field when -flare hits, the lower the damage.

This vid does not demonstrate an ideal strategy (for that, I'd want Goblin Chieftain or Yakshini instead of Silver Chocobo), but it does show the basic idea and proof of concept: http://youtu.be/ztkQ-VrotIc

Hope that helps, and good luck!

t~