Just finished the game and got some questions *SPOILERS*

#1MegidolaonPosted 2/7/2013 5:54:10 AM
lol.
TO BE CONTINUED

Gotta say I laughed my ass of when Serah randomly died with the upbeat music and then the to be continued thing.

Gameplay questions:
1) the game said something about the portals having been reset, but seems like my progress is the same as before. What changed? I assume this is like FFXIII-2 and after beating the final boss you just continue with optional stuff until you get bored.

speaking of which, the final boss was totally awesome. Amazing design, fun battle and way epic.

2) Is there a difference if you choose to kill Caius yourself, I chose to spare him, but see what it got me...

3) What now? I'm not big on completing stuff for completion's sake, I need real stuff to do like killing optional bosses or doing side quests that are more than random fetching.

story questions:
4) So, why did Noel tell Caius that Yeul chose to be reborn to be with him?
Caius' intention was to freeze time so all of the Yeuls would live forever and be with him forever, he didn't have to be told. Just cause?

5) Why is the timeline not fixed in the end?
I'd assume as everyone not being trapped in crystal is the first paradox to occur, there is no other known way to truly fix all timelines besides undoing how Etro messed with time, so that everyone is back in crystals?

6) Serah's reaction was a tad overreacting, no? Yeuls see many changes in the timeline and still survive some 15 years, Sera saw barely a handful and then just dies.

7) Light ain't dead, is she?
Next game isn't about some sort of alternate world or afterworld or whatever with Light as protag?

8) Light seems to have replaced Etro? At least in the part of guarding Valhalla, even if Light cannot directly change time.

9) lol, poor Snow. First his girlfriend is turned into a l'cie, then she is finally free but before they can marry he is trapped in some other time and when finally time got fixed, Serah just up and dies.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4qp0wv7cDUA#t=22s
#2tiornysPosted 2/7/2013 6:00:30 AM
Short time, so I'll hit the easy one:
2) No, it makes no difference what option you choose.

t~
#3lightdragoon88Posted 2/8/2013 6:35:11 AM
Megidolaon posted...

story questions:
4) So, why did Noel tell Caius that Yeul chose to be reborn to be with him?
Caius' intention was to freeze time so all of the Yeuls would live forever and be with him forever, he didn't have to be told. Just cause?

5) Why is the timeline not fixed in the end?
I'd assume as everyone not being trapped in crystal is the first paradox to occur, there is no other known way to truly fix all timelines besides undoing how Etro messed with time, so that everyone is back in crystals?

6) Serah's reaction was a tad overreacting, no? Yeuls see many changes in the timeline and still survive some 15 years, Sera saw barely a handful and then just dies.

7) Light ain't dead, is she?
Next game isn't about some sort of alternate world or afterworld or whatever with Light as protag?

8) Light seems to have replaced Etro? At least in the part of guarding Valhalla, even if Light cannot directly change time.

9) lol, poor Snow. First his girlfriend is turned into a l'cie, then she is finally free but before they can marry he is trapped in some other time and when finally time got fixed, Serah just up and dies.

4) Noel wanted Caius to understand Yuel.

5) Etro died and the Chaos got released so all of time was destroyed.

6) Yeul sees little bits, Serah saw all of time at once.

7) Lightning turn herself into crystal cause the Chaos can't touch the stuff. Lightning wakes up later hundred of years later.

8)Pretty much.

9)Some Hero huh?
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#4Megidolaon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:33:29 PM
Thanks.
So, the ending actually makes sense.
Pretty rare for a jprg ending.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4qp0wv7cDUA#t=22s