tezcatlipoca...why wont he appear?

#1YonimaruPosted 2/8/2013 2:36:09 PM
so, i've not fought this ONE monster to complete the monster database fragment, and i can't find him despite what i've looked on the forums and boards here for.

apparantly the far northeast corner in Academia 500, am there, but no battles are happening AT ALL.

i have my fragment skill for rare enemies and more battles both on to expedite the search, but no luck.

any help? (as long as i don't have to fight more proro-behemoths again i'm fine lol.)
---
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!
#2Moomba33Posted 2/8/2013 2:44:39 PM(edited)
You need to close the gate for the area.
That location has two possible encounters, you must have fought the other one.
You will need to get past the Proto-behemoth again as its encounter will also reappear when you close the gate.
If you get the wrong encounter again, just jump back off the platform to make it despawn then jump back on to try again.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#3Yonimaru(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:47:17 PM
so if it spawns the two of them, that's the two i fought already, yes?

i want it to be a single woodwraith then?
---
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!
#4Moomba33Posted 2/8/2013 3:24:20 PM
Yup, that's correct.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#5tiornysPosted 2/8/2013 3:26:32 PM
Might want to save before fighting it if you intend to also get the crystal. That way you can just reload the save if it doesn't drop its crystal instead of redoing the whole level. If all you care about is the database, no need for this.

t~