Just got FF13-2, should I just read the FF13 story, or replay it?

#1jmitnickPosted 2/12/2013 5:14:40 PM
So I got about halfway through FF13 and this was WAY back in 2009 when it originally came out. I never finished the game...and I've forgotten basically everything that happens, and no longer have my saved game anyway.

I just picked up 13-2. Should I go back and replay FF13 all the way through on like an easy difficulty, or just read the story summary that's in 13-2?

I actually liked 13...don't really remember why I stopped playing halfway through...that being said, I just picked up 13-2 and it looks way more fun and I kinda want to just jump into it.

Thoughts?
---
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
#2EdalborezPosted 2/12/2013 5:45:08 PM
Go ahead and read the synopsis. Maybe watch the FF13 ending on YouTube or something. It's difficult to really understand even with the synopsis + ending because half of what happened it only vaguely alluded to in the datalog and supplementary material (stuff dealing with the goddess Etro).
#3jmitnick(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 5:49:18 PM
Edalborez posted...
Go ahead and read the synopsis. Maybe watch the FF13 ending on YouTube or something. It's difficult to really understand even with the synopsis + ending because half of what happened it only vaguely alluded to in the datalog and supplementary material (stuff dealing with the goddess Etro).

Hm okay, yeah I think I'll just read it all and watch some cutscenes, thanks :)
---
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
#4tiornysPosted 2/12/2013 6:45:54 PM
After playing XIII-2, I'd suggest going back to XIII and revisiting it. Many players find extra appreciation and enjoyment in XIII's combat after playing XIII-2.

t~