Just got FF13-2, should I just read the FF13 story, or replay it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Just got FF13-2, should I just read the FF13 story, or replay it?

User Info: jmitnick

jmitnick
3 years ago#1
So I got about halfway through FF13 and this was WAY back in 2009 when it originally came out. I never finished the game...and I've forgotten basically everything that happens, and no longer have my saved game anyway.

I just picked up 13-2. Should I go back and replay FF13 all the way through on like an easy difficulty, or just read the story summary that's in 13-2?

I actually liked 13...don't really remember why I stopped playing halfway through...that being said, I just picked up 13-2 and it looks way more fun and I kinda want to just jump into it.

Thoughts?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

User Info: Edalborez

Edalborez
3 years ago#2
Go ahead and read the synopsis. Maybe watch the FF13 ending on YouTube or something. It's difficult to really understand even with the synopsis + ending because half of what happened it only vaguely alluded to in the datalog and supplementary material (stuff dealing with the goddess Etro).

User Info: jmitnick

jmitnick
3 years ago#3
Edalborez posted...
Go ahead and read the synopsis. Maybe watch the FF13 ending on YouTube or something. It's difficult to really understand even with the synopsis + ending because half of what happened it only vaguely alluded to in the datalog and supplementary material (stuff dealing with the goddess Etro).

Hm okay, yeah I think I'll just read it all and watch some cutscenes, thanks :)
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
3 years ago#4
After playing XIII-2, I'd suggest going back to XIII and revisiting it. Many players find extra appreciation and enjoyment in XIII's combat after playing XIII-2.

t~
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Just got FF13-2, should I just read the FF13 story, or replay it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived