question about monster stats

#1Dante3hscPosted 2/13/2013 5:44:10 PM
I have a blue, red and a green chocobo and I find it strange that my green chocobo has over 2000 health and 250 magic, yet my red chocobo has only around 1600 health and my blue chocobo has only slightly over 1000 health and only 180 magic. The main reason I find this strange is that all 3 chocobos are in the early lvl 30s so there isn't much difference there.

But why is the Hesket seem to be the best statwise compared to the others? Especially in health. I would have thought the red would've been the one with more health for sure.

I also lvled all 3 up using only vitality and Mana (green, blue) or power (red) and only used the all attributes when I was getting close to the crtstarium expansion to save on supplies.
---
Oac, So cek ec eh Al Bhed... fro? Lyica E's YFACUSA mega dryd!! :D
#2YonimaruPosted 2/13/2013 6:22:12 PM
Dante3hsc posted...
I have a blue, red and a green chocobo and I find it strange that my green chocobo has over 2000 health and 250 magic, yet my red chocobo has only around 1600 health and my blue chocobo has only slightly over 1000 health and only 180 magic. The main reason I find this strange is that all 3 chocobos are in the early lvl 30s so there isn't much difference there.

But why is the Hesket seem to be the best statwise compared to the others? Especially in health. I would have thought the red would've been the one with more health for sure.

I also lvled all 3 up using only vitality and Mana (green, blue) or power (red) and only used the all attributes when I was getting close to the crtstarium expansion to save on supplies.

my green also had best hp compared to my red, blue and even black chocobos. i think once crystarium hits its last levels the red and blue finally start peaking higher. :) (my beau's red and blue hp are only surpassed by the gold and silver ones)
---
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!
#3Dante3hsc(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:40:23 PM
I thought that may have been the case but I wasn't sure. Thanks.
---
#4achilleszeroPosted 2/13/2013 8:38:15 PM
If you level up up all the chocobos right, Red and Green will actually wind up having the lowest HP in the end. You should never use Vitality at all for any of them (possibly Silver but I think even that is a waste). Despite most of them being late bloomers, they do have slightly different growth curves. The Monster FAQ lists the best way to level them all up.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/619315-final-fantasy-xiii-2/faqs/63731
#5Dante3hsc(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:47:23 PM
Yea I looked in there not too long ago. At the moment I figure I can level them however to finish the story and then tame another one later and level it more optimally. Or even choose a different monster entirely for the role, who knows.
---